Reviews for The Phantom and The Magician
Child of Dreams chapter 19 . 3/10/2017
Gerard Carriere, from Kopit and Yeston's Phantom?
Child of Dreams chapter 15 . 3/10/2017
Gaston Leroux and Andrew Lloyd Webber...
Will we see Susan Kay mentioned next?
Skywroe chapter 19 . 12/29/2016
I don't want to sound like a downer, but where is this story going? Is there going to be a pairing? Can you do less descriptions? It just got kind of boring after a while.
But I'm not saying that I don't like it, I do, I just want to read more story rather then what the building looks like.
Bb Minor chapter 19 . 9/27/2016
Erika Garnier would most definitely pass for a French name. Since there does not appear to be the real person of Charles Garnier then there is no problems in that area, it isn't like there is a limitation to only one nobility per a city. Lyon is quite big and Paris is even larger. Also with the patron business it is quite murky but that is due to the Opera House just recently changing managers and also gaining a second one in Raoul.
Bb Minor chapter 14 . 9/27/2016
Wow, you have written this so well that I forgot Lindsay was there seeing the whole thing. And what a heart stopper it is for the Phantom to catch her in the catacombs. This is a tricky situation now.
Bb Minor chapter 12 . 9/27/2016
LORD WHAT A SHIFT WE HAVE HERE! Things were all nice and nostalgic with Christine but then NOPE. Tis a high demonstration of mood and setting shift and the power behind it. The formidable presence and just the general ominous nature works very well, not to mention that killer suspense.
Bb Minor chapter 10 . 9/27/2016
What ever grand symbolism is present in this chapter, you have done a fine job. The window is a highlighting example of it. You must be out of college or at the least studying to be an English Lit major or a teacher of English.
Bb Minor chapter 9 . 9/27/2016
All of your hints and nods to other things Phantom, even within your own story, are quite good. Like someone else commented, your chapter titles are always a pleasure to see. My only suggestion is that you might want to go back and review your own words as there are some scattered very very minor spelling mistakes. It is hard to correct them when you have written it and looked at it so many times.
Bb Minor chapter 7 . 9/27/2016
What irony that the ever praised performers of the opera house are in tatters when Lindsay arrives, you have truly good literary taste. The comical relief they provide is noted as well as Carlotta's contributions more on the musical relief side. It is greatly appreciated that you do not produce carbon copies of any production, yet you weave your own of it with original thoughts and ideas.
Bb Minor chapter 4 . 9/27/2016
Holy anything, this interpretation of the auction and overture are to die for. Such a lilting and tingling mood for it, the tone is ever exquisite too. Everything revolving around the figurative language is captivating too. And a black time-turner? What is this new revelation? I can see that this was written before Harry Potter and the Cursed Child came out so it's obvious your idea came first in publishing. You should have a pat on the back for that and some cheesecake if available.
Bb Minor chapter 2 . 9/27/2016
The Phantom dancing around actually using the word witch is exciting, They are both incredibly sophisticated that it's uncanny. The wizarding world qualities found in your protagonist are unrivaled and the musical depictions of the Phantom top all others.
Bb Minor chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
O, my lord. Are we sure you are not a professional writer? There is such a tremendous amount of desirable imagery, the touching on the senses does absolute wonders. That cape, what a marvelous display of your skills, and the mask too, I will swoon.
Kitamaat chapter 19 . 9/27/2016
what a pretty french name! Erika Garnier rolls off the tongue so nicely, my exchange student was from france and her sister's name was Erika.
Kitamaat chapter 18 . 9/27/2016
Well, this isn't marked in the mystery genre for nothing, how could anyone write to her when she's super far away in years from her own time? such a good writing ability
Kitamaat chapter 17 . 9/27/2016
Where does Miss Durham get all these clothes? the magical wonder is very interesting, so many things she doesn't know, you have this thought out very well.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »