Reviews for Zero Tolerance
Dazja chapter 7 . 10/29/2013
I know this is old but I would definitely love more of it in my life
LordFrieza chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
I just re read this again and it seriously needs to be finished. It reads so well, and although it's depressing, in a way, I would love to see what will happen.
magtreefrog chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
This is even more wonderful than it is depressing, which is to say quite a bit. You deal with the possibility of Ryoko no longer loving Tenchi better than anyone. I also loved how Tenchi yelled at Ryoko to take back what she said about the old her. That was just a perfect moment.

If there's any possibility at all of you returning to finish this story, please consider it. There's a handful of amazing Tenchi fics that were never finished, but if I could choose just one to continue, I would pick Zero Tolerance without a doubt.
magtreefrog chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
Another great chapter. You've written this so well. I love how bits of Ryoko's old personality are showing through. The tackling, tickling, and provoking of Tenchi were just fantastic.
magtreefrog chapter 4 . 10/23/2011
"This Ryoko was the only Ryoko and he was just going to have to get used to it."

I remember feeling betrayed by Tenchi when I first read this line about 10 years ago. It's a bit more bearable now, and it is in character for Tenchi to sort of give up on getting "his Ryoko" back if it means she can be happy, as much as I hate to admit it.

The horror dies down a little now that we see that at least Sasami misses Ryoko, ulterior motive-free. The story also loses a bit of its more surreal aspects as character motivations regarding the new Ryoko's reception are explored a bit. Yosho wanting to nullify his guilt, for instance. The way everyone quickly accepted the situation with no hint to their thought processes left the previous chapters feeling a bit like a bad dream.

"Well, it sort of was. His Ryoko hadn't been around to be asked for her preference. Just that strange girl who wore Ryoko's face and what did she know about anything?"

That needed to be said, to keep me from yelling at my computer screen. Thank you.

"He looked up at the ceiling wanting nothing more than to see Ryoko floating above his bed. The emptiness of the space above him reflected the emptiness in his heart." ... "That wasn't my Ryoko," Tenchi said stubbornly into his knees. ... "Thank you, my Tenchi!" Ryoko crooned, reaching down to tousle Tenchi's hair

I swear it feels like you're writing this just for me. Tenchi's thinking what I'm imagining he should. Ryoko gives us a tease that they could still be happy together... just the thing to make it impossible for me to stop reading, though if I remember correctly, the story doesn't end, and doesn't hint at things working out at all...

I appreciate the significance you give to the blue and yellow dress. It always seemed like such an odd choice for Ryoko. Nice backstory like this really adds to the source material.
magtreefrog chapter 3 . 10/23/2011
"You mean Ryoko would remember me?" Tenchi asked hopefully, although no one was paying attention to him.

Washu opened her eyes and she looked lost. "Sweetie, those memories are terrible. Very bad things happened to you. You… you didn't turn out to be a happy person."

*dies from grief*
magtreefrog chapter 2 . 10/23/2011
Oh my god, I remember this one. The premise is brilliant. It's maddening, really, as you subtly twist my emotions by showing everyone's reactions to what is essentially Ryoko's death. Nobody cares but Tenchi. Everyone else is excited about her "rebirth" and chance for happiness, while Tenchi is the only one that misses her, the real, damaged Ryoko, the one he could have given happiness to. Everyone else thinks she's better left forgotten. The maddening thing is that Tenchi knows she could have been happy, if only he'd acted sooner. The greatest punch to Tenchi's gut must have been Yosho's line: "It is her mother's decision about what to tell her . . . we do not have that right." That right to Ryoko's fate could have been his.

On one hand, it's exactly the hell he deserves for dragging everything out and making Ryoko wait, but it's something I'd never wish on him.

One of my favorite lines is this: "It was amazing how easily they had forgotten the true Ryoko. No, it was scary. He would not forget. Never." At its core, this story is downright horrifying, but it's a horror tale only from Tenchi's perspective.

Another favorite moment is the exchange at the table over where Ryoko would sit. Tenchi's sadness and regret are so palpable here that I feel as though I'm really there in his place. Ryoko's attempt at politely ignoring him is heart-wrenching. For Ryoko fans like me, it's a horrid twisting of that wish for Tenchi to pay for his crime of ignoring her all that time.
LexiPlexi chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
This was a staple to my TM fan library of what I personally deemed the best of TM fanfics a decade ago.

And today, it still is one of my favorites.

I really hope you finish it one day. :)
Xavier92 chapter 7 . 1/9/2011
I loooove this fanfic!

Hope to see chapter 8 really soon!
kuroiryoko chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
hey i love this story and how do u put new chapters up. im writing the stroy called the big date. and i cant get my next chaptet up.
Dollyshesalive chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Hi Diane! I so miss your other stories back at the TMFFA page! too bad they will probably never get it up again.

I LOVE your tenchi fics! Especially this one.

Are you going to continue writing it? hope you will!

Much love! /dolly
Six-string Samurai chapter 7 . 7/27/2008
good story; it'd be great to see it continued.
gpcat chapter 7 . 7/28/2007
I would like to know when you are going to complete this fic? I do loved its and I am anxious by the conclusion!
WMD2003 chapter 7 . 7/7/2007
Poor Ryoko, bastard Tenchi syndrome throughout. It's a character fan story. If you like Ryoko, it's good. But if you don't or if she isn't your favorite (you just like Tenchi Muyo), this story isn't for you.

All the characters are there for Ryoko and lose their own place in the universe - they revolve around her. It's fortunate for the author that Ryoko is the most popular, as this is just pandering for the crowd, but it still does not make it a good Tenchi story.
Kita Lenne chapter 7 . 6/10/2007
Hey!

this is a great story! When will you update next?

I've been waitin' forever!

Plese finish the story! I luv it!