Reviews for Emergence
flutterbye52000 chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
Such unselfish love...that he would be happy just knowing she's alive. Profound.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
I was ready to comment on that almost offensive review but the author did it anyway!Just to add that in canon there are a lot of hints revealing Foyle's non-paternal attitude!Remember how he was staring at her in Carlo's or how he was fidgeting when Farnetti said that Sam thought of him(F)as a father!This story is wonderful and I'd like to read more!Thank you!
CPDCSI chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
Loved it...nicely done
spottedhorse chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
I've been mulling over a review left by "Guest" the other day. This guest came across as a bit belligerent in attitude, which irritated me and posting as "Guest" seemed like a cheap shot. Even though they posted anonymously, I approved it because even though I didn't like the attitude, there was a part of what was said that I sometimes agree with. I've never been sure of Foyle and Sam as a "ship". But "Guest" said his feeling are paternal and I disagree with that. I don't see much paternal in his behavior towards her. I think he is somewhere between paternal and romantic, maybe wistful about what he wishes could be but realistic enough to know it would never work.
Guest quoted Foyle out of context. The full quote is: "And what he did to Lucy Smith might not have been perhaps strictly criminal, but it was immoral, improper, and downright disgusting and would have cost him his job-not to mention his marriage." He said it after the girl's father had explained why he killed Grahame. It had nothing to do with a relationship between mutually consenting adults, although I will agree that Foyle would have qualms about his own position of authority over Sam. And that's what I think about that.
martinfan chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
Excellent story! I love all your stories!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2015
"Immoral, improper and downright disgusting."

Foyle made his feelings pretty damn clear about relationships between men in authority and their female subordinates in Eagle Day. And there was never a hint in canon that his feelings toward her were anything but paternal.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
That was superb!Thank you!
jmhave44 chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
I like the direction this story is going. I always felt the same way about the scene when Foyle was at Sam's bedside. You expressed it very well, and I'm hoping there will be more chapters. I follow your Doc Martin stories, and think that's how I found the Foyle's Fan Fiction, so if I didn't already say thanks, then "Thanks".