Reviews for Two Plus Two
zye1 chapter 99 . 9/27
No words could describe my reaction to this story. I thought one plus one was great. This.. Wow.. This story is amazing! It's gripping. I wanted to read what happens next but at the same time I didn't want to finish the story too soon. Can't wait to read more of your work. Favorite for me!
NarukoSon chapter 1 . 7/27
tears, that is what I have. this story, hell both stories are so amazing. I usually don't read stories that have filters but I'm so glad I did. I look forward to every other story you put on here. I reread these again just because they are that great. thanks for the kudos at the end. I didn't do anything special and that touched me. all I did was allow you to know that I loved this story. thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing me into another world with every update. until the next story thank you again
Taino Delsan13 chapter 99 . 6/11
Great story i really enjoy readding on even it took me a while to finish it. Great job
SplendentGoddess chapter 99 . 6/11
Yay! Fabulous story! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what other Inuyasha stories you come up with next, although I understand if you need to take a little time off before tackling anything else major. I love epic dramas like this story and its predecessor, but I also adore one-shots and think a few of those from you next would be lovely. Maybe *some* of your one-shots can be set in this same universe? *bats eyelashes* LOL, I know what it's like to get requests to continue a universe that you want to close because you have OTHER universes to get to, believe me, but this particular story universe is just so all consuming, the possibilities are endless! BUT that can definitely wait, and you can just jot down ideas as they come (which I'm sure they will) but in the meantime, if you've got other story universe ideas you've been putting off while you worked on this one then it's definitely time to let those universes shine! Whatever they are, I know they'll be awesome!
SplendentGoddess chapter 98 . 6/11
"Protect" is a very good name for the new pup, considering he conjured that barrier to protect his sister. Good choice. Being able to communicate with him also came in handy, so they could help him not be scared anymore. Makes sense that he has silver hair, since unlike Naoki, with Inuyasha near Kagome during her entire pregnancy Mamoru was able to absorb his sire's youki like he was meant to, plus with Kagome already having Inuyasha's youki within herself, he was doubly assured a healthy dose. He's definitely going to be stronger than Naoki, but Naoki's got nothing to be upset about. It is what it is, and it's thanks to Naoki's existence at all that Mamoru is here now. Off to read the epilogue!
SplendentGoddess chapter 97 . 6/11
As soon as I saw the chapter title I knew this chapter was going to start with the graveyard, and end with Kagome either giving birth, or at least going into labor, but I was *not* expecting Izayoi and Touga to manifest! I've seen that happen in other fics and I always love it when they do. Great minds think alike, ne? But I don't blame you for disclaimering that you originally wrote this scene two years ago. I always get that kind of deflated "Well, shit" feeling when I see somebody else churn out an idea I've had sitting in my 'to get to it eventually' pile for two or three years. My inner child always wants to pout and go 'but that was MY idea!' LOL. At any rate, this chapter was fabulous, and now I'm on to the next! Baby brother! Baby brother!
SplendentGoddess chapter 96 . 6/11
Awwwww... And also *sniffle* but that'll be sweet, Kagome and Sachiko going along with him and Naoki to his mother's grave. That was a nice opening scene wrapping things up with Ayumi, too. She always was the nicest, most understanding of Kagome's three school friends. I doubt Kagome will really take her up on her babysitting offer anytime soon, not that they even *need* another babysitter with how many people they already have to pupsit for them, but I bet if Ayumi were ever made fully aware of the way of things, she would still approve of Inuyasha. It's premature to clue her in now, but maybe if Kagome really does call her just to hang out someday, and they rekindle their close friendship, then a time will come when Kagome feels Ayumi can be trusted with the truth. It's really neither here nor there, but especially with Sango being reduced to a long distance friendship for now, I'm sure Kagome would appreciate having another girlfriend to talk to on occasion, but I'm also equally as sure that nobody will ever replace Sango as Kagome's heart-sister and I definitely hope she and Miroku are able to visit quite often. If they can afford it (see: if Inuyasha is willing to use his rightful share of company money) then they can also go visit Sango and Miroku in Hawaii again on occasion. Where there's a will there's a way.
SplendentGoddess chapter 95 . 6/11
LOL, was it your intention to evoke a Beggin' Strips commercial? "Bacon!" LOL, can't say I blame him, though. Bacon *is* good. I can understand why Inuyasha wouldn't normally want to go out on the new moon, but yeah, now that he's got his own reiki powers, plus Kagome there to protect him... I think that's sweet, that she asked him if they could go out on a date and he agreed. The fact that he so easily allowed his change in front of Suikotsu goes a long way to show just how much a part of the family Suikotsu is now, too. I hadn't even thought about Yuka, Eri or Ayumi this whole story, but that sucks, to learn that they didn't just drift apart from Kagome because of their own lives, but that they actually sided with Hojo over Sachiko. Some friends. I was wondering if one or more of them was going to end up showing up after Kagome started talking about it, and low and behold, Ayumi's here. Guess the pup had a damn good reason for wanting burgers. All things happen for a reason, ne? Off to read what happens next!
SplendentGoddess chapter 94 . 6/11
I like Suikotsu, and I really like that you thought to give Mama Higurashi a love interest when you really didn't need to. Sure, picking him, specifically, gave the story some added drama for a moment when Kakuju made Suikotsu transform, but all that stuff wasn't *really* needed and the story would have gone on without him had the character not existed at all. But I'm glad he does, and I'm glad that Mrs. Higurashi is also getting her happily ever after. Besides it adding an extra layer to the entire story as a whole, her character deserves it. You've given me a lot to think about in regard to my *own* future stories. In most story universes it probably wouldn't work, but I'll try to do it at least once. Of course, I won't use Suikotsu. I'd probably just create an OC. Nothing wrong with that. This story is chalk full of OCs and I love them all! The good ones, at least. I'm glad the bad ones are dead! Except for Yoshiaki and Kikyou, but like Kagome thought to herself, those two deserve each other. I'm glad Hinako has been brought up to speed as far as there being youkai, is aware that Inuyasha is inu-hanyou, and will now be able to be a part of their lives. Shouga and Kaji are the best adoptive parents/grandparents ever!
SplendentGoddess chapter 93 . 6/11
I was waiting for Myouga to show back up. Makes sense that he'd want to be back before the birth. Also figures that Sesshoumaru would have Kagura tell Myouga that he wants to see Inuyasha, rather than sending Jaken or, kami forbid, just showing up at the shrine himself, since he *has* been there before already, plus there's also this nifty thing called a telephone. Ah well whatever. All's well that ends well. "A Long Time Coming" was a fitting title for this chapter. It's about damn time Sesshoumaru pulled his head out of his ass. And LOL! You slipped in Kagome calling him onii-san! Hahahahahahahaha! I agree with both inu, though; that's just...no, Kagome, no, LOL. But overall I think that meeting was handled very well, and daaaaaammmmnn but were the Hojo a bunch of idiots, or at least Masanori was, and whichever other males were responsible for mistreating their own wives. Not ALL Hojo are bad, hence Akitoki's family that escaped long ago. They were all screw this family, I'm out, LOL. But of *course* the Hojo men would have gotten "important" wives, daughters of important males, and even if the Hojo collectively only thought of women as commodities, that doesn't mean that's how ALL those other families felt...even if, yeah, they married off their daughters. At least some of them probably stupidly thought being married to a Hojo was a *good* thing, because of the Hojo family being all old and powerful and shit. But from the sound of things, most of these higher ups are not taking too kindly to the realization of just how badly their precious daughters have been mistreated...and the Hojo even mistreated YAKUZA women?! Oooohhhhh if Inuyasha hadn't already flayed Masanori, the Yakuza *would* have. Sad to see Sango and Miroku go, but it was inevitable. At least there's video chat online, and I'm sure they'll come visit as often as they can. Their kids and Inuyasha's kids will definitely grow up being friends with each other.
SplendentGoddess chapter 92 . 6/10
I would keep reading, but man, I really need to get to bed. This was a wonderful chapter! "Bouncy feel good time?" almost had me real life LOLing with hubby asleep in the other room, LOL ('laughing online' ha). That would be...weird, to say the least, but a little late now to worry about what the kid thinks of it! I was totally not expecting Aona to just show up like that, but as soon as you mentioned him studying the sunset I knew where you were going with it. I knew he was going to turn out to be Izumo (even though I didn't remember his name until you said it), and yeah, Kagome's right, there's hope for him. I'm glad he stayed for breakfast, and I'm REALLY glad Sango and Miroku offered to help Suikotsu start a new life for himself in his rightful place as a member of the Higurashi family. Although I'm sure Inuyasha will still technically be the 'head' of the family, Mama Higurashi definitely deserves her own new husband and happily ever after. I also agree with the more practical argument that the Higurashi shrine is the safest place for him. I'm glad Kaji's still watching the kids, 'cause yeah, at this point, definitely better safe than sorry. I'll read more when I can. Good work!
SplendentGoddess chapter 91 . 6/10
Oh daaaaaaaaammmnnn...wait, didn't I say that last review? Well damn! Go Kagome! I was half expecting you to cut back to the hunt, and Inuyasha just about to make the kill when he sensed her distress, with him suddenly arriving out of nowhere in time to catch her instead of Shouga, but I like the way you did it much better. I also thought Sachiko had made the barrier herself but just didn't know it, although I should have realized, what with the way you were emphasizing how it was made of both reiki and youki. Sachiko may have a wee bit of youkai-ness in her, but I'm guessing not enough to pull something like *that* off. Any barriers she does in the future will be purely reiki, miko barriers. I'm glad Inuyasha and Naoki enjoyed the hunt, and I'm even more glad Kagome was not only okay with it, but actually relieved to learn Masanori was dead. I was relieved by her relief, and also that she wasn't *too* far gone in her own turmoil over killing Kakuju. I'm also glad there aren't any pesky bodies to deal with and so subsequently, there won't be any pesky human authorities to deal with, either. And I agree with you, whenever I see "Character Death" I think it means a canon character. Probably IS what it means, yeah? A warning that one of the canon characters are going to die. I mean, I've read a few really awesome fics here and there with OCs I became emotionally invested in but as a general rule, I don't really care if any OCs die or not. There should probably be two categories, "Character Death" specifically in regard to canon characters, and then also just "Death" in general, just to let people know that people die in a story, presumably in a traumatic way. Eh, or you could just do it your way and "choose not to warn" LOL. Works for me! I like surprises, ;-)
SplendentGoddess chapter 90 . 6/10
Oh daaaaammmnnn, you weren't kidding. Well, personally, I for one have no problem with Inuyasha slaughtering Masanori, and would only worry that he could possibly be in trouble with the stupid human law if he were somehow found out, although that'd be unlikely since it would look like a wild animal attack...or much more likely, they would never find the body at all. However, if Inuyasha decides at the last minute not to kill him, I'll respect his decision. He might wonder how Kagome would feel about it, or *know* she wouldn't approve while also knowing he couldn't lie to her about it. She seems to be under the impression he's just going to take his anger out on some random wild animal, but I knew he was hunting Masanori from the beginning, and I also knew that was the 'surprise' Kouga had waiting for him when the wolf showed up. With Kakuju attacking the shrine, Kagome's got more important things to worry about than what Inuyasha is up to and I'm glad she's muted the connection. In happier news, I'm also super thrilled to have it verified that Naoki's blood type changed as well. Yay!
SplendentGoddess chapter 89 . 6/8
Author's notes ending in "evil grin" are never good, LOL, but no matter what you're going to throw at us still, I'm still going to say "Yay!" in regard to this particular chapter. I'm also going to stop reading to go have dinner, but will hopefully get back to the rest of this story soon. Loving it! :-)
SplendentGoddess chapter 88 . 6/8
*Mind blown* I'm too lazy to go look up those episodes right now, LOL, but I don't care who the judge is. WTF is Masanori doing betrothing Sachiko as a baby to the Takahashi family?! Jesus tap dancing Christ can those three families be any more intertwined?! LOL! But hey! Anything that's an added bonus going towards Inuyasha/Kagome's side of things works for me. Especially judge Aono being 'in the know' and Ayame revealing Inuyasha's youkai blood and the fact that he and Kagome are mated, AND that Sachiko accepted the mating bond. Let's hear it for B type blood! Yay! On to the next chapter...