Reviews for A Year In The Life
mobazan27 chapter 7 . 4/12/2016
I'm loving this so much.
It's so great that they still enjoy being together and...you know.
He's such a wonderful dad, never leaving his first born out. Making sure that Alexis doesn't feel like she's old news.
So good.
TORONTOSUN chapter 15 . 4/11/2016
Good way to end, bringing in the new year. Just the 3 of them.

Congrats on a great story.
ceboy08 chapter 15 . 4/10/2016
good stories looking forward to your
next journey.
dkfan chapter 15 . 4/10/2016
Fun story and thanks for your story telling. I would love another Rick & Kate love story as Eric grows ... Hint hint Thanks again.
Maryrose1123 chapter 15 . 4/10/2016
Great final chapter. THank you for writing this story.
life's a mystery chapter 15 . 4/9/2016
great happy ending to a wonderful story!
DrGiggles chapter 11 . 3/31/2016
I haven't watched Star Trek or anything, so I had to do a bit of research when reading. I think it would've been cute to dress him up as Flash...since they called him that throughout her pregnancy. They could always do that another year though :)

It's nice to see baby Eric bonding with everyone, and just being his adorable little self. This was a fun read! Also, I'm starting to wonder if you actually have kids, or if you're just really good at writing pregnancy/parenthood fics :D
DrGiggles chapter 10 . 3/31/2016
It might be cliché, but it was perfect for a Castle baby! I love how she announced she was in labour to Rick. As for the birth, you wrote better than a lot of people.

First off, Eric James is a lovely name! (I have a baby cousin with that name, actually...) He got to meet his big sister Alexis, then got some time with his granddad. Ugh, it was so cute it made me cry. Welcome to the world, Eric Castle :')
DrGiggles chapter 9 . 3/31/2016
Ah yes, the drive to work until her due date! Knowing that first babies are usually overdue, I think it could've worked for her had it not been a hot August. (I wouldn't dare think of doing that as a nurse!)

I really liked her speech to the precinct, and it's heartwarming to see how protective the boys are, and how loved she is by her squad. Now, let me guess...labour day baby? :D

Last thing, I'm wondering what Flash's name will be. My personal headcanon is Roy for the middle name, for obvious reasons. I'll see soon I guess :)
Turretwithaview chapter 14 . 3/31/2016
Enjoyed this bit of fluff, congrats on a nice story.
DrGiggles chapter 8 . 3/31/2016
Fluffy fluffy fluff! It was really cute seeing Rick all protective and understanding. Swimming is fantastic for pregnant women, and I can see that heat getting to her. And the healing bonding between Kate and her dad was something that just added to the story nicely.

Really sweet chapter, and really realistic for poor Kate :(
DrGiggles chapter 7 . 3/31/2016
I sent this chapter over to a friend because I knew she'd like it! The Alexis and Kate bonding was fantastic, and those Father's Day gifts were the best. The comic book idea was so...them :')

That last bit with Alexis being grossed out by them was awesome xD
mobazan27 chapter 14 . 3/30/2016
They have a very good Christmas. Nice chapter.
DrGiggles chapter 6 . 3/30/2016
YAY! It's a boy! I'm kinda crying a bit, sorry for being such a sap xD

I thought it was sweet to see her being pampered, and then telling her mother the gender first. Kate is right, she would've been so happy, and she would've loved Rick.
DrGiggles chapter 5 . 3/30/2016
I had to look up peep jousting, that looks hilarious! You've nailed the symptoms and physiology of pregnancy, well done. I haven't read many fics that portray pregnancy realistically like you do :)

The parts at the children's hospital struck a cord with me. I did one of my nursing preceptorships there, and I know exactly how it's like for the children there. I also have a young niece who's in and out of the hospital for surgeries, and her favourite thing to bring into surgery is my stuffed dinosaur. Never underestimate the power of a plushie!
For them to donate baskets and their time to these children is so kind of them! I hope they make that a tradition :')
157 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »