Reviews for A Drunken Old Qrow
ZealousSiren chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
god... that was deep
Spiritwaker95 chapter 1 . 8/8/2016
Gods above, when I went looking for the headcanon behind Qrow's drinking, I never expected this. This is the canon to that headcanon now in my eyes. It hurts yet it is worth it.

But this raises a good question: What would have happened had Summer chose Qrow over Tai? That is a concept I'd love to see done (Plot Bunnies birthed)
Pyrrhappreciation chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
This... This was great, and so cruel. You really got Qrow in the first half, second was kinda iffy with the breakdown but still fantastic. Fantastic one-shot overall.
jaffa3 chapter 1 . 3/9/2016
Why did you make this? Now I'm tearing up while I'm in a bar.

That means it was either really good or bad. You can probably guess which one.
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 1 . 2/24/2016
Wow. That honestly really did feel like Qrow...well...at least at the beginning. I'm 50/50 on the latter parts where he broke down, but that's more because I've never really seen him anywhere near that bad. But I think he might have gone off the deep end a bit too quick. He went like 0 to 80 in a heartbeat.
ForteOfTheBallad98 chapter 1 . 2/14/2016
You should write a STRQ origin story, Victor. Seriously, this is a pretty good look into Qrow's head.
TheCocoAdel chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
Beautiful read. It's well written as a very good character piece for a character that certainly has these qualities hidden underneath him.
LuciferXIII Trollkaiger Green chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
Oddly enough I can imagine a sort of one-sided love on Qrows part towards Summer and her death being a reason for his drinking. I can also imagine unfathomable amounts of loathing and resentment he might have held towards Taiyang both for possibly 'taking' the girl he loved (ofcourse this is speculation at best), failing to protect Summer, and for even possibly moving onto Summer after he clearly was at one point with Qrows family (Raven) meaning he could inwardly blame Tai for the vanishing of the two most important women in his life (once again speculation and one more permanent in vanishing than the other)
Blood Shinobi chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
Seeing that you got nothing but oneliners for reviews, I decided to give you something more substantial.

That was a touching oneshot, all the way through from the beginning to the end. Very interesting and sad monologue by Qrow. It reminded me of Ruby visiting Summer’s grave at the beginning of volume three’s first episode. That was a great scene. Qrow seems like the cynical veteran type who has seen, heard and experienced too much about the real world. It’s why I like it when he talks to Ruby and Yang about how the real world works. They are still only kids, so young and naïve. I’m sure that Qrow did have feelings for Summer when she was alive, but she chose Taiyang instead, which broke his heart. Maybe that’s why he picked up drinking? As someone who has had a drinking problem, and probably still has a small one, I can partially relate to his Qrow taking to the flask. I also know what it feels to have a person you love choose another.

It honestly would not surprise me however if it turns out that Qrow is Ruby’s real father. I mean, she looks nothing like Taiyang at all. That would be an interesting twist. It would mean Ruby and Yang are not half-sisters, but cousins. But, I don’t expect RT to fully understand how hereditary genetics work.

Here are some errors that you did that I like to point. Some them are nitpicks.

In the first paragraph, you start with “It covered everything.” Shortly thereafter, you say “Snow was everywhere”. It’s a little repetitive and redundant to mention both of these, especially so closely to each other.

You said that he exhaled a breath. Well, exhaling is part of breathing. So that's also a bit redundant. Simply saying he exhaled would have been enough.

You use the word “chuckled” four times. Try some variety.

Some of your sentences are run on sentences, meaning that they are so big that they should instead have been split up into two, or maybe even three shorter ones. An example is this one [He blinked, groggy as his eyes adjusted to the sudden light of the area around him, he groaned, a headache slamming full force into his temples, making him wince and close his eyes as felt a hand on his shoulder pull back, and another voice, male and rougher, speaking about him having to get going as he'd been there without paying for a single one of his twelve drinks yet.] You see how long it is?

I would have rewritten it into something like this. [He blinked, groggy as his eyes adjusted to the sudden light of the area around him. The headache that slammed full force into his temples made him wince and close his eyes. He then felt a hand on his shoulder that pulled him back, followed by a man’s voice telling him that needed to pay for his twelve drinks and leave.] See? It flows a bit better.

Was the first scene a nightmare? Then it should have been written in italic.

Lien should be capitalized, and so should Dust. There is a difference between dust and Dust.

You capitalize a few words that should not be capitalized. For example, Flask.

That’s all from me. Hope to see you write more.
CrackPairingLover chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Oh god! Right in the kokoro!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
My emotions! Very good writing also. But the feels.
EmiyaKiritsugu1995 chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
Im crying right now.
Acerman chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
Awww, I'm gonna cry. Too good. You built it up to it's highest and then dropped it all on poor old Qrow. The "Happy Vytal Festival" part just destroyed me ;,( Poor guy. Good story though, thanks!
UltraMickey chapter 1 . 12/3/2015