Reviews for Grand Romantic Gestures
zxcvbnm1234567890 chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
Ooh this was such a good chapter. Can't wait for the next update on both of these stories
Frogster chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
I think the only thing better than seeing an email saying you've posted this was seeing that the last part of Rose's story will be posted later today. Bless you, dear.

I just want to squeeze both of them and whack their heads together. Scorpius is so in denial that it's just adorable. He's been crazy about her for a long time, hasn't he? And of course he loves her, silly Scorp. He wouldn't have taken care of her while she was sick if he didn't.

(That thing with the carrot was gross but funny at the same time. Don't know how you managed that, but you did.)

Loved how you started the chapter off by talking about the various women who like to throw themselves at Scorpius (the woman in a wedding dress spouting statistics was a nice touch)-and then there's Rose. Love how you described her. She and Scorpius are just perfect for each other.

Love the detail and the sarcasm.

Question: how old are they here? Early to mid 20s?

I would love to have a Scorpius of my own, but I don't think Rose would share...I'd settle for a clone, though. ;)

Lovely job, as usual. Can't wait for the last installment of Rose's story and the next one of Scorpius'!
Ellen1983 chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
It's a little bit sad but super cool nontheless! Keep going!
nobodysperfect2133 chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
Great opening line and following paragraph! I love the image of desperate fans dressed as brides and propositioning Scorpius while throwing in some good ol' stats for emphasis. How romantic.

While there is your usual great humour and fun in the story, this chapter made me feel for Rose more than "Four Times...". Even though the companion piece is of course from her POV, this story shows her vulnerable side and I liked seeing that aspect of her for once rather than her ballsy self-edited commentary on the world. I also felt for poor old Scorp at the end - not just because of the carrot (euugh!) but because of his newfound knowledge regarding his captain.

I have to give it to you though, "...the voice from the bowels of the bowl" made me laugh out so loud that my husband thinks I am rather deranged. Maybe he is right!
muddier waters chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
Oh no poor Scorpius! That is not the confession I was expecting at all honestly! Ugh Scorpius needs a ugh
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
Oh. My. God. It was excellent. I can't wait to see you explain how Rose ended up writing scrotum in the air.
156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11