Reviews for A Good Ending
PurpleHat chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Don't ask how I came to be reading this ancient fic, because the series of links through favourites is much too long. But if you still read the emails these reviews generate, I would like to tell you how much I enjoyed this touching piece.

Not many people write about Elros. I'm glad you did.
ren chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
this is so wonderfully written. just wonderful! ::tears::
Wunderlust chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
There's a story that calls for a tissue-box or two... how sweet. And wonderful.
Sphinx chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
A lovely story. Truly, its one of the most touching pieces I've found on this site. On reading the summary, I thought that it would be Elrond that came to visit him, but Earendil was a pleasant surprise. I loved the charcaterization of Elros, especially the fact that you didn't make him repent his choice, as many authors do. Thanks!
Playing Passerine chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
short but beautiful. *sniff* it made me a bit teary-eyed actually. actually, i find little of the silmarillion as moving as this ;)

~magpie
purple-sorceress chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
That was excellent! I really like how Elros got to see his parents in the end. Sad but beautiful.
odyssey1 chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
I guess there's one more who shed tears while reading this beautiful story. Especially the ending, when the bells were tolling in NĂºmenor impressed me. Brilliant! :)
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
"Tell me a story, ada, please..."

There are no words for how sweet and sad and wonderful this was. I literally cried when I read this. Perfect.
LoveChilde chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
Oh, kittling...Lovely. Was it worth the pain? I think it was, maybe.
AfterEver chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
A lovely story, my dear. Very poignant, and very well-done.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
Sigh. I suppose it's true that no one is quite ready to die in the end. I thought it a very sad end for Elros that he could not simply lay down his life. Perhaps it foreshadows the fall of the Kings of Numenor in the future. This was a very moving tale, and I think it does justice to the matter of the Half-elven.
Ellipsis chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
*claps* Ooh, lovely - a good ending indeed.I love Elros' memories of his life, and his meeting with his parents is wonderful. THis truly shows the gift of men as a gift rather than a curse. Thank you

- Ellipsis
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
At last! Elros has got a fic! Oh, thank you, this scene is as bittersweet as the fate of Men, with that duality gift/doom (yes, Im writing a horrible fic about that right now). Your Elros is perfectly portrayed, he has seen all, lived in 500 years as much as Elrond in all his immortal life (or more), and yet he leaves with regret, helped by his hallucinations. His mother and his father *sigh*. I guess he found that something was still missing in his life, since supposedly he couldnt see them again, unlike his brother. But he did!
Mouse chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
Another story worthy of much ooh-ing and aah-ing!

Beautifully written, and so uplifting- "born anew from endings." I love the little details, like the Elvish blood in him fighting to keep him from the dreams. The appearance of his parents, and his sweetly childlike words to them, make an intensely moving read.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
Your Silmarillion muse seems to have recovered her touch with a vengeance! And I'm grateful, for you seem drawn to the underwritten characters of the Silmarillion: the inhabitants of Doriath and Gondolin, and the Edain. The Numenoreans at the end of your story got it right; this is, indeed, a good ending, and one of the few fics that manages to show the Gift of Men as truely a gift rather than a burden, and one at least the equal to the gifts of the Elves (if not in fact superior to them).