Reviews for Son of Potter, Daughter of Black
Kensington chapter 34 . 5/4
I just re-read this story and thoroughly enjoyed the read through.

My sole quibble with this story is that I've tried reading numerous Harry/Daughter of Black pairing stories, and Melania is by far the best daughter of Sirius yet.

I hope your health situation improves. Thank you for your stories and I wish you well.
airunee chapter 34 . 4/20
I just find it so beautiful how Neville is now hanging out with the two girls he had/has feelings for. Like yeah I dated you before and I'm dating her now but we're still friends and it's not awkward and I love it
airunee chapter 34 . 4/20
Dear Diary,
2 years before the day of my older brother's birth, the Grey Slytherin Queen officially took her place on the the throne and bested the opposition.

Sincerely,
it was bloody brilliant
airunee chapter 33 . 4/20
Augustine was beginning to become one of my favorite characters and this happened. I knew it was coming but why would you cause me this pain...
airunee chapter 32 . 4/20
Everytime I read Daughter of Black, I always marvel at the brilliance that is Melania's name especially with the story of the Four Kings, because Melania Black was Arcturus III's wife and Sirius' paternal grandmother. And the name Cassiopeia is a very pretty name as well as being the name of the infamous Black sister who had all the dirt on nearly everyone she knew. It's honestly the best way to name your child after someone that isn't as cringe-worthy as the epilogue kids (I mean really, Rubeus Regulus would have been far better especially since both are considerably one of the bravest men Harry knew and one only had Harry's best interests without hidden motives like grooming him to be a sacrificial lamb in mind)

P.S. I've always loved it when Lily is the nickname for Lilith (or Lillium). I imagine it could have been her name had she been born a Pureblood. Also the name is always associated in my mind with moon which I think is an apt description for her.
airunee chapter 20 . 4/19
The brother wands reminded me that Voldemort is also blood to Harry (IIRC Slytherin was a Potter while Favenclaw was a Black) so I wonder if he can invoke some kind of Old Magic
airunee chapter 18 . 4/19
I just noticed that the date says 1995 but it's Harry"s fourth year meaning 1994
airunee chapter 18 . 4/19
I had a HUGE sigh of relief when Cedric is still at Hogwarts. I will never be over him dying so abruptly
airunee chapter 4 . 4/17
I find it really ironic how the Malfoys mock the Weasleys when canonically, one of the Blacks married into the Weasley family (though she was cast off from the family line) and Lucretia Black (sister to Orion, daughter of the main line) married into Prewett which was Molly's family. So really, in this fic where Harry is directly related to the Blacks via Dorea (I believe she was Narcissa's great aunt?), practically all of them are related by blood lol
E.Elliot chapter 34 . 4/16
I love it!
Aeowyyn chapter 34 . 4/12
Hopefully you come back to this story at some point. It’s quickly become one of my favourites, I love Melania as a character.
kessu91 chapter 22 . 4/9
After all the magical wows, inheritance ritual dogshit and family dept BS you telling me theres no protections in the chamber where the entire ruling body of the wizarding world gathers? Just fuck off seriously...
Updated soon please
ItMeYaGril chapter 34 . 3/18
Finding this on a whim has been an unexpected joy. The transition from canon Harry to unnervingly competent Harry and finally scarily powerful Melania was well thought out and executed. Your new concepts, namely the Four Kings and the tethered histories of the Potter and Black families mesh well with the established universe while bringing out the joy and newness that make fanfics so fun to read.

It's a shame that this fic seems to have been abandoned, as I'd love to see more of it, but I'm thankful for what you've written and allowed me to enjoy. I'll be adding it to my "hopeful returns" category of follows just in case. Regardless, thank you for what you've given us and I wish you luck in your future works.
Queen-of-Shadows-and-Flames chapter 4 . 3/17
Hey! So this is about my third time reading this, cause I'm bored (of course I am! It's a Wednesday!), and I couldn't help but notice that you misspelled a word. At the beginning of the chapter, you wrote 'grandfather' instead of 'godfather'. Just thought you wanted to know. I think I found another spelling mistake, but I don't remember what it is. Thanks for taking up your time to read my nonsense rambling.
1,526 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »