Reviews for The Thailand Job
Chuckie3 chapter 6 . 10/18/2016
Loved this story! The only thing I'm missing is the smut! It was M rated and I kept waiting for them to connect as the story was so wonderful built and detailed but I was disappointed with the hotel room scene. I felt like that could have been expanded into half a chapter more at least! That's just me and my dirty mind though!
sf.fangirl chapter 6 . 12/22/2015
:) Thanks. This is a fun story despite the light angst throughout. I like the way it twisted Mark and Bridget coupledom origin story. Bridget doesn't make a fool of herself in front of Mark, and Mark isn't an ass to her. Plus he confesses (through his blush) that he thinks she's fun and glamorous especially compared to him. I feel like they could end up having a very different relationship (or at least avoid a whole EOR like breakup) with this kind of start.
alix33 chapter 6 . 12/20/2015
Natasha's glare at Mark amused me SO much.
As did the total rest of this epilogue.
alix33 chapter 5 . 12/20/2015
I'm not sure Mark Darcy finds the prospect of a holiday with Daniel Cleaver and Bridget at all fun (after Daniel's observation/remark that he could at least look pleased).
AW! at Mark having wished he could kiss Bridget goodbye too, the way Daniel just did.
LOL at Mark having to have "fuckwittage" explained to him by Daniel Cleaver of all people.
I snorted with laughter at the mental pic of whatever it was Mark's face did at Daniel's "spend all of your waking hours shagging" remark.
AW! at Mark's reaction to tardiness not being his usual irritation.
That cathedral's inside sounds ever so pretty.
I hope Mark never gets to rectify that dinner date congratulatory thought of Daniel's.
AW! at how utterly Bridget that whole "I still want to kiss you" conversation was.
AW! what a sweet ending to this chapter.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/17/2015
Well done ! Hope that u update soon when u can. As all ways best of luck w/writing endeavors.
alix33 chapter 4 . 12/16/2015
Yum! at the mental pic of Mark Darcy with stubble.
Who IS the president of the US in this fic? Barack Obama? If so, yummy-looking too, not just stylish.
Gracious good Lord, yum! at what that breakfast consisted of.
IMO Gregg, Cecil AND Daniel Cleaver should all buy Mark a drink, though probably not all on the same night or lunch or dinner or whatever occasion.
Yuck! at any kind of motion picture adaptation of anything by the Bronte sisters.
I no longer have a bathtub in my flat, but I ADORE it when people give me shower or body gel (and even bubble bath gets used as if it's shower or body gel), so yay! for Elaine Darcy's gift giving skills.
Both the 27th of April and 1 May are public holidays in South Africa.
barsonaddict chapter 3 . 12/14/2015
Loving this story! It amazes me how your Bridget and Mark are always in character. Well done
sf.fangirl chapter 3 . 12/14/2015
Very nice. Mark's interest is piqued, but he's still trying very hard to keep it professional which is probably sending her the wrong message. :). Thanks.
alix33 chapter 3 . 12/14/2015
CIB - Central Investigative Bureau?
The mental pic of a smirking Mark Darcy has me drooling (and my ovaries giving a standing ovation).
EW! at Mark having heard Pam Jones.
The Downton Abbey bug hasn't bitten me yet.
Lady Mary looks just a tad like Natasha (or doesn't she feature at all in this version of Mark's life off-screen?).
I've never had a stack of pancakes with any kind of topping. My mom is very fond of baking crepes. She hardly considers it work at all, which she does other types of cooking. We have crepes fairly often with savoury fillings, like Bolognese sauce or cheese. If we eat crepes with a sweet filling it's normally just cinnamon sugar.
I've well and truly buggered up my cell phone contract (by answering, at the end of October, an unsolicited phone call from a telemarketer about whom I want to swear volubly in all 11 of South Africa's official languages), to the extent that I only have a fully functioning smart phone for two days every month and I'll only be able to rectify it next February, so each time I read about Mark having done something by phone, and even Bridget just now, I want to burst into frustrated tears.
There are few things makeup related that I hate more than pale pink lip gloss or lipstick, as it always makes me look like death warmed over.
Crème brûlée is my mom's all time favourite dessert. I don't think I have an all time favourite dessert.
alix33 chapter 2 . 12/13/2015
I'll bet my yearend bonus Mark is not the first to ask about seeing the cell conditions.
I think Bridget grasps the gravity of her situation just fine. She's just choosing not to speak of it.
A very relieved Phew! that Bridget (from inside prison) got the attention of the Foreign Office even if it means the attention of that IMO milksop Charles Palmer-Thompson.
I had to Google "cartouche". I didn't realise it could mean a type of carving too. I always just knew the paper bag meaning.
All of a sudden I feel like such a barbarian: I've never even seen any Chinese art with bats on or in it!
Bless Mark Darcy for that breakthrough, on the manufacturers for the containers of the drugs.
Yay! for that much deserved compliment from DI Gregg.
I've never seen Silence of the Lambs, nor Hannibal, the TV show which I understand is somewhat of a prequel. I'm so not clued up that I haven't even read the books all of the aforementioned are based on.
Mark and Elaine's conversation was SO sweet. But I suppose I would say that, since neither of my parents have ever tried to make matches for me. If they did, I might feel as aggrieved as Mark.
If I were Mark I would have one-upped the hapless Charlie and whipped out the chocolate bars I've brought Bridget and her cell mates.
Mark couldn't look as pathetic as Charlie even if he (Mark) tried, IMO.
sf.fangirl chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
This is a fun idea. I like it! And Mark is intrigued already.
alix33 chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
What an interesting premise: That the Turkey curry buffet never happened, and that Mark Darcy thus thinks he doesn't know this Bridget from a bar of soap.
Ah, and then the penny dropped, courtesy of Mark's mom Elaine.
Just a thought: I fervently hope I didn't gorge on chocolate cake at the age of three or four (that wouldn't be bad, though), took glugs from a bottle of wine (this would) and ran around naked on the lawn of some dishy older bloke's birthday party location (and this would be the worst) and now have amnesia about it all including the dishy older bloke.
DI Gregg and his wife sound interesting, though probably more than just a tad smug married.
As do Interpol Agent Jacques Cecil, though we don't know yet about his level of smug married-ness or singleton-ness or not.