Reviews for Stress Relief
AlexDnD chapter 11 . 3/1/2018
Ooh thats just wrong. I love it!
AlexDnD chapter 3 . 3/1/2018
I am enjoying Cinder POV!
Matthew Julian chapter 19 . 2/18/2018
This ending was deep for me. I didn’t see this coming and I enjoyed it, it’s totally a sad ending for a otherwise evil character and the whole story was really well put together and built everything up really well. Easily my most favorite out of all of Coeur Al’aran fanfics. While reading this in my head I thought of the song Cold in RWBY, unintentionally added to the sad atmosphere of the ending.
Baptism By Fire chapter 19 . 2/1/2018
This was the first anime fanfic I'd read and your writing completely sucked me into this story. You got me invested into these characters and punched me in the gut with that ending...which I'm sure you know is a good thing. I don't know if anybody has ever suggested this, but have you thought about writing an alternate ending? This is not to say that the original story isn't good (it's fantastic), I'm just curious if you may indulge our more unrealistic whims? Anyways, really enjoyed reading your story and will have to check out some of your other work!
Shade chapter 19 . 1/12/2018
Damn. I expected a crazy crack ship and you wrote a heart breaker. I definitely saw what you ment about the sex scenes. With the first few, it seemed like it was all about the power Cinder had over Jaune, but around the time he first turned her down she definitely started to change. I really liked how you tried to explain all of Cinder's actions. It made for an interesting change in the perspective from the show. Back on the heartbreak, damn that hurt. It has been a long time since any story has made me cry, but this did it. Thank you for writing this story. It was a pleasure to read.
B1ackAshes chapter 19 . 12/12/2017
I finally got around to finishing this fan fiction after having once picked it up, but only reading a bit through it. As far as my thoughts regarding this story go, I love your writing style for this fic. Framing it from Cinder's POV was a good idea in my opinion given the way that she thinks as well as when putting in her intentions into consideration. The gradual shift from it being no more than a casual hook-up to something more was interesting to watch in my opinion. Next, in regards to the Jaune x Cinder pairing, I've grown to become rather fond of it in spite of how crack-y it is. I suppose it may be because of the conflicting personalities of the duo, and yet how they both managed to change a bit with further interaction with each other in this story. While it's certainly an unlikely pairing, you've managed to not only make it work, but to make it into one that's enjoyable in a very certain way. When it comes to characterization, I like to think that you were on point with most of the characters, though I'm not certain as I haven't watched RWBY since forever. As for the plot of the fanfic itself, I found myself enjoying it over time. While it was not necessarily to my tastes, it was good enough to prevent me from being able to stop reading this fic until the end. While I did expect a tragedy at the end of the story, it still managed to wrench at my emotions. I believe that the ending you wrote up was one that made the most sense for this story and wrapped it up with a bittersweet bow that left me satisfied with the conclusion.

To conclude, Stress Relief is definitely among my favorite fics (in a certain way) and this story is just another reason for why you are quite possibly one of my most favorite authors. As for some afterthoughts, I'd like to add that I'm quite happy you didn't read an ideal happy ending or a more tragic ending. If you had, I feel like it would be nowhere near as satisfying of an ending as the current one is. In regards to the lack of criticism, I suppose it's because I rarely find anything worthwhile to criticize when it comes to your stories, barring the very rare minor spelling typo or just a personal dissenting opinion in regards to where the story is heading.

Keep up the amazing work Coeur!
crushcommando chapter 19 . 12/11/2017
I must say i'm impressed, i heard about your stories from a facebook RWBY group and looked up your profile. Admittedly i left due to the fact i utterly loathe jaune as a character and avoid any stories with him as a focus like the plague. But i heard this fic in particular was a gem (and from one of my favorite character's POV) so i gave it a chance; wasn't disappointed. I felt a mix of emotions as i read through while the idealist in me wanted a sort of AU ending where one or the other swaps sides or goes rogue; while the pragmatist in me felt something like this would happen (didn't think it'd happen like it did though; so kudos for that!). A part of me was so hopeful somehow they could pull through in the end xD it's really great when i read a fanfic i wana make a fanfic about (oh the days when i used to write...good times). Excellent work keep it up!
ThanksForTheRead chapter 19 . 12/10/2017
Another nice little story from Coeur, unique and full of experimentation. The ending was done how it should've been, and it wasn't very surprising when what happened, happened. Though I did rather like how the final chapter was handled. Good work.
Tommy298 chapter 19 . 12/1/2017
I'd love an assumed defeated Salem aftermath story between prryha and jaune
Ragpicker chapter 1 . 11/17/2017
I can say nothing but simply thank you for writing this.
beast5200 chapter 7 . 11/4/2017
I'm sorry to hear about all that vitriolic hatred you receive. I actually quite like you. Every one of your stories ive read so far I have enjoyed. Some more that others but so far I haven't read one that had any actually flaws I could name. Besides my own tastes but that isn't your fault now is it.

Anyways thanks for supplying me with so much quality fanfiction.

-beast5200
NaughtyRWBY chapter 19 . 10/25/2017
DAMN THIS IS SO GOOD! I come back to read this story every once in a while and after I’m done I remember why. It’s just a really good story, second favorite story right behind “Not this time Fate”.

I love that it’s more mature in nature. That the story feels more realistic, that even though Cinder didn’t want to fall for Jaune she was unable to see it happen. That’s how life works. I loved the cute parts of Jaune being like a puppy and Cinder putting up with it reluctantly. And the jealousy of Pyrrha. Also the fact that it was from Cunders POV.

We need another mature fix from Coeur. I know this story didn’t do well because it’s a “cracked ship” but I LOVED IT! and I would love to see another one of this style. A mature dark romance of sorts. It had its humor at times, but you had a feeling it wouldn’t end happy. Especially with Cinder as the lover.
Tiem625 chapter 19 . 10/21/2017
Thank you so much, once again, for an amazing story experience, Coeur!

If the person reading this is deciding on whether or not to give the story a chance- I would highly encourage you do just that. I was initially apprehensive myself, having noticed the strange pairing idea as a romance, but having read "From Beyond" before this I knew that Coeur can make anything crack-soundig result in amazing storytelling and that he is very proud of this story in particular. These 2 factors should be recommendation enough.

I loved the story itself and how it was all told from a more mature and analytical point of view of somebody no longer a teenager. Didnt know i missed that attitude until i started reading this, but it obviously speaks to your writing talent that I instantly felt my protagonist not being a teenager by reading this text.
Then again, you always know how to make a story shine, especially in their climaxes and endings. I have read Professor Arc, OGT and From Beyond before this and this one probably had the most emotional ending for me so far (perhaps makes sense being a tragedy)
Thanks again for all your had work and effort, I will gladly continue my patreon support in hopes of reading more content of similar quality. Perhaps find out a bit of that secret writing sauce you employ through the writing basics documents you have linked for patrons.
theirongiant6 chapter 19 . 10/12/2017
Well... I cried. Mission successful.
Ic3pup543 chapter 19 . 10/12/2017
Nobody cries over Ozpin because fuck Ozpin, that's why. Stupid paperwork avoiding ass coffee drinking motherfucker. Honestly, I hate character death, mostly because it's just thrown in for the shock factor most of the time, even in otherwise excellent stories. Here, though, I would say it was essential, which was probably the point. There aren't many ways I can think of that might have kept both of them alive and together. Like, I can think of a few if we went one or the other, but here? Even if Cinder had kept Jaune alive, Ruby was the one who stopped her last time. After the dragon nonsense here, Cinder would have had free reign to lay waste to the whole fucking city and everyone in it. Even as lovestruck as he was, Jaune could never have forgiven that. Likewise, even if Jaune had somehow stopped Cinder, which he already proved incapable of, it would have been temporary at best. From the start, there was no way this could have ended anything but badly. In hindsight, this is somewhat debatable, but only in the way that canon is debatable to the fans. There will always be the people sitting in the back going "But what if this, or that," and they might even make good points, but the story will be what it was. More than that, it would have fucked with the tone here. Anyway. Great story the first read, just as good the second.
1,559 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »