Reviews for Something Wicked
Anon E. Mouse chapter 3 . 8/31
Seems that I'm tardy to the party (and dating myself with that reference).

I'm pleased to see another chapter from you and will be curious to see what direction the story ultimately ends up going in. This chapter was a nice little interlude-not much plot exactly but a good pause for Elyse to consider 1) her situation and 2) her feelings about Count von Count ("one, two, three smooches, ah ah ah ah ah!"). You do a nice job blurring the lines between lust and blood lust, and suggesting that even if the Count's bite hasn't altered Elyse's biology (as Stoker's vampires' bites do) it has changed something in her and given her a taste for violence. The tone of this chapter-the cadence and the words you chose-also has a nice, alluring darkness to it. I enjoyed the way that you drew out the exchange between them, so that they were circling around each other and their attraction but not meeting until the very end. Your use of the word "flirting" was very apt.

Oh, and I enjoyed the little nod to the movie with "Oh, Count, it's just you." :)

Some things that I'm wondering about: in the last chapter you laid some groundwork for ye olde Holy Order (and Ashton the A-hole) to be the Big Bad, and I'm curious to see how that will develop. Will Elyse find things in Kent? Or will the country serve as a reprise from the intrigue that will come back in when she returns to London? I'm also wondering what it is that the Count wants? What is his long game? With his brides dead, is he looking for companionship? Does he see Elyse as a replacement? Why? What's brought him to England? I assume all will be revealed in time, these are just things I've been thinking about.

Lastly, a very minor historical accuracy query: I'm not sure whether "widow" was used as a title to refer to women of quality in Victorian England. Is this Widow Standen poor? Perhaps the wife of one of Elyse's father's tenants? If she's a wealthy neighbor it would probably be just "Mrs." or, if she has a title, it would be the title ("Lady," or whatnot). A minor point!

You do a lovely job describing anticipation in this chapter, and I'm eagerly anticipating more! (See what I did there? *Runs away*)
tacha.pradel chapter 3 . 8/27
I'm so happy to have seen that you decided to continue that story. It's just so well writing! Full of suspens and anticipation. I'm excited to read the next chapter ! D
Katie chapter 3 . 8/10
OOOOOH YAAAAASSSSSS! That sexual tension is just... MUA! Fantastic! I can't believe you stopped it there! Please update this! I need to know what happens next!
This is one of the coolest fics here. Please, don't damp it!
RegencyPoet chapter 3 . 8/7
I have to continually send my apologies for being an awful, awful friend. I so looked forward to being one of the first to review this new highly welcome addition to this wonderful story, but of course I anticipated being set back for a couple of days. I've been reading paragraphs in between the madness of work and wanted to do my usual "react as I read along" response.

I am beginning this response while I'm halfway through reading this update, and honestly... I resonate so very deeply with Elyse and the palpable anxiety/despondency she's feeling. You truly have a gift for making me forget to breathe - I think an accurate depiction of my thoughts before the Count even came into the picture (since I'm only halfway through) was like this, "iejfioejgogh;giewhg ahhh gjiojeo." I really wanted to say "I cannot even" out loud.

This particular line really hit my core: "It was not a wholly unpleasant feeling, this anticipation she was now experiencing, but given the uneventfulness of the last three evenings, it wasn't hard to guess that like all of those, tonight would end in a similar disappointment."

Never have I related to someone so much, and I feel that between you and I, we share this sentiment all too well. Never is anything more disappointing than the hope and anticipation right before the fall. Part of me wants to shake her, because I know what this is like. I also want to tell her to not sit idly by for a man, but I am aware of the time period and how much of a hypocrite I would be yelling at this girl. When it comes to our dear Count, he loves to awaken the inner darkness of his women, even the most innocent ones. I've been getting strong Penny Dreadful vibes picturing the opening scenes of this chapter, and especially the previous chapter.

I half expected him to make his appearance when she made it to her home in Kent, but was pleasantly surprised that he caught her before then. I should have known better myself that he would swoop in and remind her of why her captivation of him hasn't waned. I feel like my heart's beating wildly in sync with Elyse's because the man is impossible to decipher! And now he's being enticing, someone calm me down because it's been some time since my heart has dealt with his seduction!

Calming down now haha. Blocked by her brother! I can compare the despondency and anticipated disappointment of the beginning with a "similar but different" disappointment at the close of the chapter. This entire thing was a constant tease! And now you sparked my inspiration for Dracula again, and for that I am grateful!

I am so so so looking forward to where there relationship goes, and as always captivated by your beautiful prose. Nearly 10 years later (maybe more I lost track!) since I first read your work and you still, without a doubt, are at the top of my list for Dracula. I adore the way you write him, and I honestly don't believe anyone can write him better. Absolutely wonderful, my friend. You are always nervous when you post things that are shorter than your norm, and I honestly think the shorter length proves your worth that you can pack just as much romance, danger, wit and beauty into your work. I'm probably becoming redundant now, but I am so honored to read your stories. You throw this surge of light and wonder into the cracks of the walls sealing me in the dark until that light peeks through. It lifts me in ways I am eternally grateful for, even if it's only a few fleeting moments.
Wynter Phoenix chapter 3 . 8/4
Woohoo! So happy to see a new chapter!
Justine chapter 3 . 8/4
Ohhh, you're a cruel mistress to your readers, T. I expect a few will have words with you in their reviews, LOL.

Also, I caught that little nod to the movie. I giggled.
Justine chapter 2 . 8/4
A delight to read! I’m enjoying this over tea and scones. And how appropriate that this chapter takes place in London! I’ve actually been to Highgate cemetery, so that gave me a few goosebumps LOL.

On to chapter 3. I’ll chat with you later to give you more thought if you would like them :-)
Consulting Demon chapter 3 . 8/3
I don't remember ever reading this when you first posted it, but I just had to read the entire thing and I'm so excited for the next chapter! Your writing is amazing!
Justine chapter 1 . 8/3
Ha! This was a lot of fun to read, T. Your Count is spot on with my imagination ;-)

Bravo!
She-Devil Red chapter 3 . 8/3
There's something very dark, alluring, and sensual about your writing in this chapter - especially when Dracula stepped onto the scene. The tension between them is addicting! Update soon!
Please write more
MGrace chapter 3 . 8/2
Seeing the notification for this chapter was such a lovely surprise! Thoroughly enjoyed the interaction between Dracula and Elyse - even if it was brief. That kiss, though... DELICIOUS. Looking forward to seeing where you take this, especially now that Elyse is going to be all alone in her Father's house. Is Dracula going to seduce her or make her his bride? Or both? I'd be happy with both. Update soon!
Scarlet Empress chapter 3 . 8/2
I AM SCREAMING! OMG YOURE BACK! THE QUEEN HAS RETURNED! Christ, I almost forgot what good Dracula fanfic looked like in your absence!

This chapter was great but WHYYYYY did you have to end it there? Stupid Christopher being such a cock-block! But now she's off to the country all by herself and I seriously can't wait! I am LOVING these interactions and the development between Elyse and Dracula and I need MORE! Please don't take another year and a half to update :))) I'll give you a cookie!
Wynter Phoenix chapter 2 . 2/19