Reviews for Glass
sasans chapter 1 . 2/18
I noticed your new story but realized it is part of a series and was trying to figure out if I had read the original one it is extended from. I am still not sure but when I have the time it is on my list to find out more about. In the meantime I saw this one-shot and decided to read it. I really, really enjoyed it.
Trude chapter 1 . 2/2
cute story
BKeh chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
A
bogolisk chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
so beautiful... sequel?
Phaerre chapter 1 . 4/16/2016
What a beautiful interlude, with such hope and promise! Thanks for sharing your imagination!
Ky03elk chapter 1 . 3/27/2016
"If it falls, these two branches will catch it," she tells him with a smile.

"And who will catch us?"

Oh that was slow and subtle in all the right ways. Tender and heart warming. Lovely.
Thanks
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2016
This was beautifully written. I love how you compared the fragility of the glass ornament and their evolving relationship. Very eloquently stated. I would have paid dearly to see that scene on the show but I now have it as canon in my mind because of your words. Excellent.
southerngirl1 chapter 1 . 1/1/2016
Absolute WOW, beautiful Christmas story...
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
Gorgeous story! Much to lose because it's worth something! Great stuff!

She's beautiful and he won't let her break! So good!

Really good work!

I guess The good doctor is getting a Dear John!
life's a mystery chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
awhh what a beautiful festive oneshot :)
keystothecastle chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
What a great story! Thanks so much.
FlavorCountry chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Well done. You captured deftly the fragile state they were in at the time. Not apprehensive, but cautious.

These two are going to be just fine. You have served them well, and told a great story about a great romance.
SusanCastleFan49 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Beautiful
Perspex13 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
What a fantastic story. I'm used to a different kind of fantastic from you, Aalon, more literal (assassin half-sisters, exploding buildings, mature relationships), but this was a different kind of beautiful. You did a fantastic job of capturing the mood of the season, and it was so, so easy to picture the quiet power of the scene you descibe.

I very much enjoyed the focus on words, where what's not said is at least as important as what is spoken. For these two, it was an apt way for the careful conversation to proceed. Kudos to Rick to thinking about how to approach her in a real way, and kudos to Kate to give it a chance (especially by staying when she had the opportunity to leave/run).

I'm most impressed by the sense of fragile hope that pervades by the end of the story. It was a perfect conclusion, wrapping their tentative start in a layer of holiday hope.

But, as usual, you've also left scratching my head as I try to figure out on aspect of the story. If Rick and Kate are glass, embodied in the form of the ornament, who or what is the "already damaged" ornament hook? Johanna? Their respective pasts, including the way they've interacted until now? It's a fun puzzle on which to ruminate as they head into the distance together.
Smartgirl121 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Lovely story and loved the symbolism. Thank you.