Reviews for Silver Threads and Golden Needles
Guest chapter 15 . 11/25/2018
Thats what i get for trying to type a review on my phone while lying down..i almost drop my phone on my face and accidently post an unfinished review. LOL. Dont even remember what i was saying..but anyway yeah ella cant change things in the past however shes gonna find herself smack in the middle of the biggest turf war on east coast real soon.
The way you describe her makes it sound as if she is just so weary. Like tangibly tired, mentally exhausted. Im just so riveted by how character driven your writing is.
Guest chapter 15 . 11/25/2018
Oh danse. I really want to hug your danse. Just sigh. Bless his heart even tho that man eats, breathes, and lives brotherhood. Sigh.
As always the dialogue is incredible. Character-driven and descriptive. The one heart to heart that ella had with nick? Lotta internal conflict to unpack there. Thats some baggage thats gonna pile up if she doesnt address it sooner rather than later...given canon and all. She cant change the fact that she didnt (wouldnt, couldnt?) help those being
Guest chapter 14 . 11/25/2018
I like deacon but he's such a slippery dude. Dis you know that if you travel up that hill next to the SS's vault youll find a little railroad lookout point? Vault entrance is front and center. Pretty suspicious.

And Ella's single minded goal rears its head here with the railroad. The slavery analogy is a lil heavy handed, but if the shoe fits? I suppose! Given ella's intro to the group (and how shes gor a resume on file with the railroad) is she going to be able to extract herself from this huge war that shes inadvertently getting into? So much is (and will be) at stake. Ooooo.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/25/2018
Ohmgoood my heart, the part about the make up, her shaking hand, danses reaction...so PAINFUL. He def knew what was up. Im reminded of chapter 1 ella. Im hoping with all my heart that she comes back. Im glad valentine is such a good emotional balm. Even if ppl hate on FO4 for whatever reason, i havent met a single soul that hated nick valentine. And you voice him so well! You got his personality down to a tee in his dialogue (sp?) and everythjng
Guest chapter 12 . 11/25/2018
Oh no ohh no. Is this it? Her limit? Has the wasteland caught up to her? Ahhh. Her whispered "I can do it" was so painful to read. I can only speculate what is going through her mind right now. You say so much about her condition through so few words. Its great stuff, hard as it is to read as an emotionally invested reader.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/25/2018
I remember visiting dc a few years back and boy that was just a glorified fallout vacation for me.

Reading about ella's struggles in this world is really remarkable. It reorients my perspective on this particular world. Like, your commonwealth feels atmospheric, like grit and grime under the fingernails of people trying to survive. It feels unforgiving tbh.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/25/2018
Yikes. If your story is stayin true to canon, i shudder at the thought of ella finding out the truth. It sounds like she's crumbling.

Also idk if i mentioned this before but i appreciate the level of detail in your writing. From the mechanics of power armor to the self aware descriptions of plot and scenario. It reall makes the story for me. Great stuff. Keeps me on my toes. Also punches me in the gut emotionally. But in a good way!
Lindseywashere chapter 9 . 11/25/2018
Walking around sanctuary ruins was a bit of an eye opener, nothing too shocking for me personally, but the glowing sea? Holy cannoli. Talk about a rock and a hard place. That place is nuts. I can certainly see a difference in character now compared to chapter 1 ella. She mentioned how the make up was psychological warfare or somesuch. Battle armor. As much for her as the raider down her iron sights. And nick. I forgotten a bit of his companion quest. Deep stuff. Two members of an outdated club. Gotta stick together
Guest chapter 8 . 11/25/2018
In my playthrough i try to befriend everyone bc i havent got a mean bone in my body. (That being said id be the first to die in a fallout apocalypse). The logistical problems with having strong around never really occured to me until reading ellas confrontation with him. Id be of the hopeful optimistic mindset too. Given that, ella needs to find fawkes. Heck, she needs to head out west to whatever town marcus is in. There's still hope!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/25/2018
I hardly belived it when i read that maxson and macxready were in their early twenties. Like, they looked way older, but i guess the apocalypse is good a prematurely aging you. Stress and all that.

Danse, always assessing a situation and acting accordingly. His mindset is very attuned to what ella needs. They work really well together. Their last bit of chat reminded me of the conversation preston had with ella (about leading the minutemen). Most ppl have expectations of ella, but danse is more subtle about it? Or at least he isnt pushing it hardcore. He's a real patient kinda dude.
Lindseywashere chapter 6 . 11/25/2018
I swear, ella's interactions with the various followers are the best. Im so amused lol, poor maccready. He was hired by a crazy lady.
His reactions to ella were totes appropriate too. Very in character or so id imagine. Lol financial advice and all that.
I like how you weave these conversational bits into and around the plot. Very entertaining yet informative about ella and her thought processes.
Lindseywashere chapter 5 . 11/25/2018
Its interesting to consider these kinds of limitations, like not being able to take on the mantle of the minutemen. In my playthrough j was pretty much gunho to do anything and everything bc thats what the game allowed.
In terms of character, I feel concerned for ella bc she seems to be holding onto shaun like a buoy and we know the truth. I mean, she can joke about things (headripping-deathclaw hypothetical made me laugh a lil) but everyone has their breaking point.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/24/2018
I like that piper and ella's dialogue was written through the context of an interview. Very appropriate and informative. Ella is kinda fast paced isnt she? Like, rolling with the punches kinda fast. It sounds like she could either charm the socks of a person or be confounding enough to convince a person to hand over the socks free of charge.
Lindseywashere chapter 2 . 11/24/2018
Hiya. Stumbled on your FO4 story a few days ago by accident as i was originally feeling nostalgic for FNV stuff. Had to backtrack a bit bc of comments that i wanted to highlight.

These past few chapters have been sweet and to the point but they are foundational in characterization and relationships. You have Nick and Danse' voices/quirks down and through their personalities we see your SS and her personality. I like her moxy. The storyline (parent finding child/main storyline) is familar but your SS's interactions are unique and intriging. Plus your pacing is good and easy for me to follow. If you think this kind of writing is rusty then id be lucky to cobble a coherent piece of flash fiction w/o hurting myself or those in a 5ft radius.
Guest chapter 17 . 10/16/2018