Reviews for Chuck Versus A Life Lost
Barbadiangirl chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
Just stumbled across this and I must say that it was very well done.
The show didn't really get to expand on Chuck dealing with his grief and I always thought it would be nice to explore it through fanfic. Eventually I did and now I see you had done the same a year and a half before I did lol.

Great job, and ditto on "CHUCK owns me" :)
AlwaysSupergirl chapter 1 . 2/3/2017
This hurt me! I'm suing for emotional damage! But seriously though, I tried so hard not to cry, I stopped reading and held my bead backwards, like you're supposed to when you have a nose bleed, just so the tears would slide back into my eyes and disappear (It doesn't work! Do not be deceived! Just makes your hair cry instead) and I reminded my self that these are all fictional characters even though they feel so real and raw. I don't mind crying though, it's cathartic. Chuck's got me so whipped. Chuck me!
tasteywheat chapter 1 . 7/12/2016
Another great one-shot, thanks for writing these, adds a lot of depth that the show missed out on showing.
Garnetflint chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
As always a great read and a look at a scene canon completely overlooked... A toast was all we got. It is a bit of a downer, but you have created a great scene that bonds them even closer together. Really great storytelling.
CaryR chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Very good. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Great!
resaw chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Wow! Just as I was thinking that the dialogue between Stephen and Sarah was outstanding, you transitioned to the scene between Chuck and Sarah, which was even more outstanding. I was completely caught up in the story.

I must say, "Please, Sarah...don't ever leave," got me to thinking, not about her possible death (was that what you were alluding to, that Sarah would leave in the same way that Stephen did, by dying?) but about the memory loss at the end of the series. Here Sarah was strong for Chuck, but in the finale, with Sarah so lost, Chuck was there for her.

Thank you for this. It was great!
MissMonk chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Aww, this was so adorable! I like the idea of Stephen beating Morgan at Halo. For some reason that image just made me laugh really hard.
WvonB chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Lovely. Tender. Touching.
Sarah, saved by love is such a better person than she would have been without it.
I don't think any of us could imagine a pre-Chuck Sarah doing all she does here for another person
Unselfishly willing to be bored, embarrassed or put in awkward situations for the person she cares for.
And of course, despite her belief, she's wrong about not being empathetic. Every action demonstrates she is, a
niallmccfanfic chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Every time I drift away from Chuck fanfic, you pull me right back in. :) Heart breaking yet at also heart warming (and at that point in time, somewhat hopeful for the future).
The part with Sarah recalling the one serious conversation she had with Stephen was particularly good, especially when she quickly compares him with her own father and finds it doesn't favour Jack. I also liked how you wrote how Sarah seems to feel more at ease in giving comfort to Chuck at this point in their relationship as opposed to the recent past when she struggled to verbalise that she loved him.
In short, another gem of a story.
wilf21 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Very sad, yet really beautiful. Thank you for still writing in the Chuck universe.
sevenrez chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
It was heart wrenching to read sarah and chuck's conversation. Curse those faulty intersect glasses! It is always great to read a new story or new chapters from you. Thank you!
michaelfmx chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Very nice. Loved hearing this from Sarah.s point of view and the moments you added with her and Stephen really fit the story. Another moment that the writers of the show dropped the ball on. I know it was the season finally but come on. This kind of moment could easily have been the end of that season finally and made it better.

And you got Sarah just right at this point in the story. She was still very new to the whole relationship thing and this is the kind of moment that would have left her at a loss for words. So she comforted the way she knew how. Like a one shot. Or will there be more?
charahkids chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
LOVED IT! Hope you keep going because it has so much potential! :D

You brought out Chuck's extreme emotions of his father's death and Sarah's sweet, comforting loving words! My, how the nerd has changed the Ice Queen Enforcer into a real girl! Fantastic!
AdmiralK chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Beautiful, Simply, completely, Beautiful written Karen. Thank you for this story, you did an amazingly beautiful job capturing the emotions that Chuck and Sarah were feeling at that time.