Reviews for Sentimental
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 2/16
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
Just read in the reviews that it was a challenge response. (Failed to read the AN...). And had to re-read the entire thing. It's awesome - I didn't notice a thing the first time I read it!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
This is really sad. Didn't she ever want to have children after that?
zedille chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
This is a really well done character piece for Poppy, and I would never have been able to identify the elements for the challenge if you hadn't listed them out in the beginning! I didn't notice the lack of "I" in dialogue, and the moment with the roses worked so very well in-story. The loss of a child is always something very difficult to deal with, and it was compounded under the circumstances with the loss of Poppy's partner too. I hope she was able to come to peace with all the children at Hogwarts - now you've outlined this backstory, it resonates so well that I think it's getting slotted into my mental image of the character! Really excellent work, as always :)
Eva chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
I knew this would be sad so I put it off. Poor Poppy!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
Oh, my heart...it hurts...
Beautifully done.
BurgundyHope chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
Poor Poppy :( ... I do love her backstory though! Great job on that :) And the way Minerva came back at the end was PERFECT - she does what she wants! ;) haha Also she's just really wise and understanding and compassionate and determined, etc. ;)

All in all, a wonderful story :)

xx
banzi chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
That was sad. I loved the character of Poppy in the books. She was always so concerned with the patients, and what was wrong. The fact that she kept secrets, when she most likely had suspicions, was awesome. As always your stories are the best
thosedarndursleys chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Oh my gosh, Lucy. This killed me! It's so sad and so sweet and GAH, I don't even know how I feel right now! Haha great job, dear! Beautiful as always :)
The Unnamed Avatar chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
This was great! Honestly, I probably wouldn't have realized that you didn't use "I" because it's implied in my head. But seriously, congrats on not using "I." I would have failed so bad at that!
I like the approach you took with this (Poppy's history and her trying to be polite to McGonagall but McGonagall still gently pushing and giving advice)
cathxfair7197 chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
This. Is. VERY. Impressive. I didn't think it was possible to write an entire story without "I", much less one of your obvious high quality. I'm also very happy to see Madam Pomfrey getting some love. I feel that she is one of the unsung heroes of JK Rowling's fine cast. Fabulous writing, as is per usual :)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Well, I guess that ruled out first person pretty quick, huh? :D

You are the best with prompts, at making them a significant part of the story and not just a prop. My favorite bit in this one was when Poppy is talking with Malcolm and it's "like listening through someone else's ears." Very descriptive and emotive.

Congratulations, Catapults!
TheDrabbleOfBlue chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
"Don't let your grief motivate you in a direction you'll regret." Gods, I wish I heard that months before. It would have saved me a lot more grief.

Either way, great job on this one. Maybe that's why she's so fond, exasperated and amused of the kids in Hogwarts over the decades.
Amanda Pall chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
What a back story! Quite genius! And you have me impressed at your ability to avoid the mentioned pronoun!
hatty porrer chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
As always, it's great to see a different side of some of the characters that we know and love so well :) I like how the story was related to the quote too, felt like this was a perfect match. Hope you guys win!