Reviews for Out of the Mist: Rydia's Story
Ultimate Black Ace chapter 19 . 6/30/2011
This is a great fic and I really hope that you really do make the sequel that you promised. But if you do I am guessing that it would also be a crossover with FF VI (I only think this because of Espera).
GreedxEd chapter 18 . 12/26/2010
This is one of my favorite ff4 fics and edge/rydia ones too. It's so amazing and just.. awesome. Um did you ever start the sequel to this and not post it here? I've tried to search for that for year with no luck and then i found this one on here (I read it somewhere else before, can't remeber where) I read soem of your fics in your lj and I adore them. you have an amazing edge voice and rydia's too and write them perfectly
Ascaisil chapter 2 . 1/14/2010
I love that you took time to write about her earlier years. Most people just gloss it over but I always thought it would be very interesting to know what had happened to her. You're awesome!
Ascaisil chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Ye! I am SO glad to have found this story again! I absolutely love it, you're wonderful!
CherreeSherree chapter 19 . 9/21/2008
amazing story! fav! :)
Dr. Thinker chapter 19 . 1/31/2006
Great story! Keep it up!
mythweaver chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
haha, after many long minutes of page sifting...I found FFIV? *click* *reads* a Rydia fanfic? *continues reading* I really enjoyed this one! unfortunately it's painfully early in the morning so I can't give you any constructive criticism or anything other than to tell you that this was nicely done ;)

I'm a massive Rydia and Edge fan...an overall IV freak in general, but I saw this and just got a kick out of it! It fit so well and carried the story on so nicely ;) and of course the bit in the cave with Edge and Rydia...hahahaha, I'm a sucker for those chapters ;)

but I'm looking forward to the sequel! These things keep me alive when I'm bored between classes on campus!

but good luck finishing and I'm looking forward to seeing more!
triffickie chapter 19 . 5/30/2004
God, why haven't I read this story before? It was an absolute joy to read, so well-written and it flowed perfectly. Rydia's characterization was wonderful; so strong and powerful, yet very human with insecurities and fears of her own. I especially loved you portraying her relationship to the monsters she summons - something you don't see every day in fanfic. Still, I see it as something very important. FF characters' personalities seem to be very closely related to their classes and special skills; it matters whether a character is a white mage or a martial artist. So it was cool that you knew how to make Rydia more real, more 3D by describing this aspect of her character.

Your continuation of her story was so much better than some lame 'sequels' I've read to the game. It's something like I would like to imagine her life continuing.

It's such a huge story, I'm sorry as I can't be very specific on what I loved about it. You're an all-around good author & you portrayed Rydia & told her story wonderfully well. Thank you.

(This one's going on my 'favourite stories' list, oh yes.)
yunalesca78 chapter 12 . 6/3/2003
Crappit, they were FF2 and FF3, not 2 and 1. What's with this thing cutting off all my repeating letters? Cramping my style.

By the way, I'm practically having kittens over poor Rydia. It's a good thing I'm catching this when it's already finished, otherwise I'd have had to deal with cliffhangers and whatnot, and we all know cliffhangers are not of God. *lol*

Still a great story which I love. :-)
yunalesca78 chapter 3 . 5/30/2003
Are there really Malboros in FFIV? I don't remember any from when I played it...but then, they did soup some things up when they did the Playstation version. Must get that game!

Anyway, I was just curious about that, as you've mentioned them quite often. Still loving the story!
yunalesca78 chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
Oh, oh, OH! I am loving this already! I'm fairly old-school myself; I played FFIV and FFVI several times through...on the Super Nintendo...when they were called FFII and FFI.

Wow, I'm old. *lol*

Anyway, this is cool! I always wanted to know what happened to Rydia while she was in the Land of the Summoned Monsters...now I get to find out. Yay! *claps hands together happily*
GG Crono chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
Just adding this to my faves list...
SpacemanSpiff chapter 19 . 3/12/2003
Wow! I'm stunned! I got lucky running across this one. I always enjoyed Rydia's character and this story was nothing but a pleasure to read. You seemed to have her character pinned down very well and consistent throughout the story and even after the game was over. It was all believable the way you wrote it. It was interesting to see your style change when you went from Rydia's time in the Underworld to the time she spent in the game and then back to times after the game was over. I thought your writing was much better when you didn't have the game script to come off of. I skipped most of the battle scenes because they were basically all the same. I was thinking that might be why you skipped to the part of her life when she was in the Land of Summons. But I still want to ask: why did you start there? why not try and write about her early years? Very few writers make me want to write about anything. But this story has given me some great ideas(don't worry, i'm not stealin' your story ;) ). You've managed to inspire me to write again after a slump i've been going through. Thank you. I'll be looking for your sequel.
Solitary Confinement chapter 10 . 3/8/2003
This is an excellent story. Though I have seen a lot of novelizations of FFIV, this is the first one that I've seen taken from Rydia's perspective. You have her character a detailed history, and that made her emotions throughout the story all the more powerful. Considering the style of these chapters, I'm sure the following ones will be just as good.
xX GTAshadow Xx chapter 19 . 2/19/2003
Yes It was great. Great ending! And good luck on the sequel!