Reviews for Descending Caradhras
Everlight chapter 5 . 2/5/2013
Wow! Absolutely amazing stories. You are a talented writer and fill in the gaps of the original story wonderfully. I like how you pay attention to the little details that add so much to these stories. I have often laughed out loud reading these stories, especially at Pippin's remarks. My favorite stories at the moment are the Rivendell stories, though that may change at the next story of yours. I am looking forward to reading may more of your stories.
Emily chapter 5 . 2/25/2010
If all of the adventures portrayed here happened to you in Alaska... I'm not sure if I want to move to Alaska or move AWAY from there!

The wolves were very cool, once they decided not to attack the Fellowship. : )
Emily chapter 3 . 2/25/2010
Of course, it had to be Frodo. Ha! I hope YOU never fell through a glacier in Alaska. Snow-blindness is one thing, but glaciers...!

I'm glad they didn't have to fend off the wolves while blind. Gandalf could have only done so much.
Emily chapter 2 . 2/25/2010
The hobbits are too smart for Gandalf! Our favorite wizard is going to have to work on his acting skills. : )
Emily chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Well, now they're in for it. Who else? I wonder...
Selene467 chapter 5 . 7/26/2009
The sequel is just as brilliant as the first story. Loved how you ended it, it was rather sweet.

And thank god for how you handled the wolves. I was really hoping it WOULND'T turn into a big fight, cause wolves wouldn't simply attack out of the blue. I hate how people see wolves as dangerous and everything. Wolves are the most amazing animals in the world (yes they are my favorite animals, if you didn't notice).

I'm thrileld how you made the interaction go. When not threathened and with enough prey, they have no need to attack humans. they always have a reason and your way of solving this stand off was brilliantly written and Gandalf's admiration for the wolves was very well written too.

Also, the falling through the ice, I saw it coming, I could just feel it ,but ti still came as a shock when Frodo went down. And then the rescue, could you write anymore nervewrecking! I was on the edge of my seat, afraid that if I blinked I would miss something, not that the text would simply disappear, but the tension was enough to make me forget it wasn't a movie and if I missed anything I could take a step back.

Also the fact that you meant for this to be possible in the missing gaps from canon, simply slipped my mind. I was so worried Frodo was done for, forgetting that he couldn't be gone, because everything had still to happen.

Poor Frodo, thinking he should have fallen. My first thought was that he was insane for thinking that, my second thought was that hell would the ring be gone from THAT! It's way to tricky and evil to go missing forever. And my third thought was, Sam going ballistic if he heard Frodo say that. I couldn't stop myself imagining him slapping Frodo with one of his pans over the head :P

Congrats on a superb sequel! You write brilliantly!
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 5 . 7/20/2004
I like seeing the Fellowship work together as they did to pull Frodo from the crevasse. Once again, you brought out a realism of the snow and ice and glacial danger that I felt I was almost there. Oh, and the snow-blindness episode was most intriguing as well.

rabidsamfan chapter 5 . 2/12/2004
My, real life experience does tell, doesn't it! A very good story, all in all, and it has a lot of good plot twists to keep the reader on the edge of her chair!
Eris chapter 5 . 3/1/2003
*sad sigh* Now I feel like a very bad and violent girl for anticipating battle.

*hangs head in shame*

That was awesome. I can just imagine Gandalf being all admiring and it IS lovely to have wolves as good guys. :-) Bravo! Very well done indeed.

Now if there were only No matter. I will content myself with RIR. D
Aiko-chan chapter 5 . 3/1/2003
ick, snowblindedness. ;.; and mosquitoes, and horrible ice, and wolves, and. oh my, those poor dears. they go through so much. **sigh** at any rate, you pulled them through to the end, and i loved every word. just for this, you're officially one of my favorite lotr fanfic authors, along with baylor and shirebound to name only a few.

i just adore how you write the hobbits. i mean, you write all the characters splendidly, but i especially love the hobbits. i kind of like the stories where the hobbits are placed in sudden panicky danger - such as frodo's fall down through the ice and the marvelous rescue efforts by the others - because it shows so much of the different faces of their character. and of course, anything in which pippin is pippin makes me grin and *squee!*, mainly because he's just so young and sweet and his sunshiney cheerfulness and unrestrainable energy really do lift the fellowship's dark mood, even when he's being aggravating.

yes. so once again, i loved it.
Leah Beth not signed in chapter 5 . 2/16/2003
What a wonderful ending to such a wonderful story! I really loved how Gandalf knew exactly how to act around the wolves and how he said he would "...treasure this day all of my life." How very Gandalf like. Absolutely beautiful!
Elwen chapter 5 . 2/16/2003
An exciting tale. Loved the incident with the wolves...a totally unexpected twist to the story.

I'm glad Frodo got a hug at the end there.
Ariel3 chapter 5 . 2/15/2003
Ah, thanks for finishing this! Sorry I didn't review earlier, but I have been busy too! ;) Very nice tale - and though I know it gets a bit ridiculous after a while having Frodo go through trial after trial after trial (we angst mavens are such cruel women, aren't we?) you are one of the few that shows the boy has some scrap to him! I REALLY appreciate that! Both this story and its predecessor were delightful to read and deliciously angsty. A true delight.
Baylor chapter 5 . 2/13/2003
What an unexpected and fascinating way to address the threat of the wolf pack. I was as still and mesmerized by the lead wolf's inspection of the Fellowship as the Fellowship was. It is good to see an author who does not treat nature as an immediate danger, but as something to be respected, a sentiment Tolkien certainly advocated.

Have I mentioned that I love how your Merry is such a little spy, always trying to hear what the Big People are saying? I am thinking about the night Merry, unbidden, watched the exchange between Theoden and Ghan-buri-Ghan.

Thanks for yet another good read!
TrueFan chapter 5 . 2/13/2003
*crying* Gagh! The end.*cries some more* I'm going to assume there will be no sequel to the sequel? .damn.

That was a great chapter by the way, it seemed . _

*Goes to take picture of poodles* Hey, look here for a sec, pups! *Poodles all turn to look than hurry their fluffy pink (and blue!) selves into the very scratched closet. A pink poodle jumps up nd grabbs the door with its teeth, pulling it shut*

*tiny yips and barks from inside cuboard*

*staring at closet*

well, that didn't go over well. Sorry, maybe next time budgie!