Reviews for Cycle of Sin
Zomvee chapter 26 . 9/29/2017
I have one thing to say to you, why shouldn't there be a bar on an airship.
Funny thing is if i remember correctly airships of old did have bars on them, so this is a historical precedence for this.
Nihatclodra chapter 13 . 9/4/2017
Okay, seriously; you can't be "a patricide". You can commit patricide, and you can be patricidal; but you can't be a patricide...
antishyguy weegee chapter 19 . 6/16/2017
Ugh that Seymour kicked my ass with that cheap zombie status spam. Had to grind for for a bit for some moves. That's the one thing I hate in this game. Everything else is okay but man does grinding for that sphere grid suck.
Guest chapter 17 . 5/12/2017
*But if you do anything to hurt my daughter, Harry, I will feed you to one of those sandworm Fiends we have back on Bikanel.*

This line gave me flashbacks of the many, many, MANY times I had my party members get OHKOed by that move, while I was hunting for cactuar. Good times (not). It says something about how annoying that was, considering I played the game nearly a decade and a half ago.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/11/2017
Yay, Dobby! Not jumping the shark; I think it breathed life into a fic that was becoming predictable. Nice work!
Guest chapter 13 . 5/11/2017
Kind of surprised you didn't have the talk about how Tidus is now the one going off to commit suicide... but whatever.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/11/2017
Thank you for being one of those rare authors who can write a straight romance fanfic WITHOUT polygamy. It's not the polygamy in itself that bothers me, but the fact that the women involved (from two up to a harem) inevitably become objects that exist only to fawn over their paramore. Not only is that insulting to their canon personas and boring; it also is often completely at odds with the social norms of the world of the fic.

Nice chapter.
Gateman chapter 12 . 3/30/2017
A pun of a title that actually makes sense both ways. Nice work.
DalkonCledwin chapter 25 . 3/27/2017
At least Yunalesca is still their ally, yes?
DalkonCledwin chapter 21 . 3/27/2017
I always liked Yunalesca... I liked her for the same reason I liked Ultimecia. She may be a villain, but she is an entirely sympathetic villain!
DalkonCledwin chapter 19 . 3/27/2017
They didn’t send Kinoc...
DalkonCledwin chapter 15 . 3/27/2017
Did…. did Dobby ask Luna’s advice on how to aim vanished crap at plot relevant villains without being aware that is what he is doing? Either way, that was quite rude… fitting but rude!

I did the math! Dora is actually Sirius’s First Cousin, Once Removed! That means her mother is Sirius’ First Cousin, that is actually one of the closest levels of kinship you can get outside of the immediate family! Unless you are tracking things through Sirius’ father, in which case it is a bit more distant.
DalkonCledwin chapter 14 . 3/27/2017
LOL... I have to wonder about the logistics of bringing a werewolf to Spira...
DalkonCledwin chapter 11 . 3/27/2017
Well… actually… when Cain is banished for the crime of killing his brother, God describes “Sin” as an entity in and of itself, unique from the silver-tongued serpent from the garden. And in fact, the name “Sin” is one of the pseudonyms for the Sumerian Moon Deity, Nanna. And since the book of Genesis is almost identical in composition and tone to the Epic of Gilgamesh in numerous locations, it is not unreasonable to assume that “Sin” really is one in the same with the God Nanna, as Nanna was known in both Ur and Uruk, with a city known as Ur Kásdim having been the birthplace of Abraham one of the earliest Patriarchs to the big three monotheistic religions in the modern age.

Point being, Sin is actually given an identity of its own in early mythology that is separate from tempters, with the bible describing it as a monolithic monster that stood poised to devour you if you fell to temptation. In a way, Sin was not an affront to God, but his ultimate punishment for those who disobey him! At least, that is the case, if one believes what is written in the Book of Genesis. I will make no comment on whether one should believe or disbelieve what is contained in that book, I merely seek to point out what mythology actually claims, and why Final Fantasy portrayed Final Fantasy X in the manner that they did… If i am not at all mistaken, that entire game was a socio-political satire the likes of which would not at all be unfamiliar within the circles of early British and Irish Bardic Tradition, but which has fallen into rather large amounts of disuse these days. Of course, that seems to be a running theme with Final Fantasy if one looks deep enough beneath the metaphor.
DalkonCledwin chapter 8 . 3/27/2017
ROFLMAO… either Sirius ends up with Paine simply despite all conventions, or she ends up in a threesome with Harry!
226 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »