Reviews for Raise Your Lantern High
SunnyZim chapter 22 . 5/22/2021
I loved this! Your versions of Remus and Tonks are perfect and fit in with canon so perfectly that your books are now my head canon for their relationship;-) I just wish their story didn’t have such a tragic ending ultimately;-( They deserved many years of happiness together. But this was absolutely lovely - thank-you!
miniandminie chapter 1 . 6/28/2020
Anddddd the angst begins! I hope there are a few rays of sunshine in this part! :) But the angsty way in which this is written is very nicely written. Yay!
LoquaciousLupin chapter 22 . 3/11/2020
Ok firstly I can now forgive you for the first 20 chapters or so of this story which had me utter agony. Lol

This story Part 1 and 2 have both been incredible. I cannot wait to go and read some of your other stories. I've yet to look whether you're still active on here as I'm concerned at some point I'll run out of things to read, written by tour immensely talented hand!

Wherever live finds you, I hope you're still writing. :)
LoquaciousLupin chapter 19 . 3/10/2020
I'd been planning to wait until the end and review the whole story at the last chapter but this chapter... ooomph!

I cried. You actually made me cry. Remus' admission of love for Tonks was just so heartbreakingly beautiful.

Admittedly I have disliked you greatly for a few days as I've read this story ... hoping each chapter would bring them back together but the story you've woven is very nearly, almost worth the pain! Lol... as long as they are together by the end!

Also I LOVED Remus meeting Adredne ( I think I've spelt that wrong, sorry.)
Guest chapter 4 . 12/1/2019
Wow great story! You’re really good!
DelfineNotPadfoot chapter 22 . 6/2/2019
I loved everything about this story. You created great characters and a (seems like) perfect behind the scenes (in both this one and the first part). Remus was a tad annoying in his own way, but you made Tonks incredible and you were able to make their story and relationship go where they were supposed to go as smooth as could get. Hats off!
-DNP
Kuri333 chapter 20 . 11/13/2017
Ok. I cheated.
I jumped straight into this chapter because I was still crying over that death we don't want to talk about and I just needed something good and beautiful and... oh this was that and so much more.
There must be a zillion versions of what happens after Tonks confronts Remus in the hospital wing and yours is definitely one of my favourites. I love this line, "From somewhere far outside this small, complete world that was the two of them, joined together where Tonks' hands clutched Remus' robes...", which transforms it from just an almost hysterical outburst to something much deeper and beautiful.
So, ok, I'll go back and read the whole story (especially because... WHAT?! Did Tonks tried to snog somebody else?! YAY!). Thanks very much for writing and sharing it. This chapter is superb!
PurpleNymphTonks chapter 23 . 7/15/2017
Yaaaaay! I'm so excited to read this!
Aenlu chapter 22 . 10/21/2016
This (and its predecessor) was a wonderful story! I really like how you dealt with all aspects of the werewolf pack; I've never seen it done that way before, and I really enjoyed it. I liked details of culture and social structure, it added a lot to the story, I think.

I also like that you had Remus and Tonks interact with other people, have separate events happen - and not only when canon dictated it. A lot of stories like this seem to skim over those parts and only focus on Remus and Tonks together, which can get a bit dull. Again, I think this added a lot to the story.

Finally, I am glad you're not continuing into the 7th book, because then I can pretend they ultimately lived happily ever after. I also feel like Remus' character grew enough in your story that it no longer fits with his "running away" reaction in DH (though I'm sure you could have spun it in a way that makes sense - or you might disagree with my interpretation). Besides all that, where you concluded makes the most sense for the story you told, and wraps it up very nicely.
PSW chapter 22 . 7/28/2016
This was definitely quite the epic! I'm so glad you got it all written out. I'm happy that *they* finally decided to be happy, yet understood that there were still issues to face. They can do it! :-) Thanks so much for writing!
WizardthatsaDemigod chapter 22 . 7/23/2016
YAY! I loved this series! Please keep writing! This was great!
courtzm chapter 22 . 7/20/2016
I've read both parts in the last 2 days and all I can say is they are amazing! I have read some of your shorter stories before but I'm going to have to go back and read them in the correct order
Guest chapter 22 . 6/28/2016
Thanks for this amazing story! Only I would love to read about the reaction of Tonks being pregnant with Teddy after their discussion of "not" having children, Remus reaction and eventually coming to terms with the fact that lycanthropy isn't hereditary and happiness of Teddy's birth... :)
Guest chapter 22 . 6/22/2016
yeah this was amazing i love ronks stories remus/tonks are my otp
loveispeculiar chapter 22 . 6/20/2016
This was a beautiful end to the story! I love it so much! :-D I'm sad it's over, though. I'm just going to go and re-read it now _