Reviews for Shadowstalker
AtheneMiranda chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
That must be the best short I've read in this forum. I LOVE it. It's...it's tantamount to canon, is what it is. Your Vanyel is perfect, your atmosphere was brilliant, you structured it wonderfully...damn, it's lovely. Well done.

The once criticism I would make is that there's odd places in the third-person emotive bits that don't go deep enough. Eg. "his mind was screaming at the horror of what he was doing" - I don't know why, but that line doesn't say a lot to me. It's almost too grammatically correct for such a nasty meaning. Oh, I dunno. I'm just...going crazy...
Amberfire chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
Very lovely. I've always wanted to write a story about the Karsite Border War, and my own ideas of what Vanyel did there to become such a hero. Also, I've been looking for the same type stories to read (which is how I stumbled on this), Vanyel being my favourite Herald of all time. I like this alot. It's quite well written, and you really can feel Van's despair and all...
ALC Punk chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
Nice. I always did like Van, and this captures him quite well.
LeopardDance chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
Pretty Good! Write on a more happy subject next time though..
Iceman4 chapter 1 . 1/8/2003
Hi Cephalanthus! Wow.. at last someone wrote something about Vanyel.. and all those magic’s stuff ;-)))) I’m very glad ‘cause I think LHM trilogy is the best of all M.L. tales, still there are few fanfics about that. I really like your story and hope that you keep on writing.