Reviews for Rising to the Challenge - The Legacy of Son Gohan
"poor poor calm gynue"
Hamza9236 chapter 1 . 3/6
So far, nice intro, and I like the fact you showed there are smart Earthlings that don't think Mr. Satan saved the world from Cell, honestly, they were retarded in the show.
Nevarus chapter 7 . 2/26
kinto'un... it has an English name that makes sense... why are you not using it. just call it nimbus. I understand if it's a translation that doesn't make any sense, but it does make sense.

example: it would make sense if you used jutsu instead of technique left and right in a naruto fanfic, but if you used kage bunshin no jutsu instead of shadow Clone jutsu, it leaves the reader confused on what that means.

granted, I figured out what it was almost immediately, but that didn't stop the frustration caused by the poor choice to choose the original name over the translation in the language that this is written in.
Regular Sama chapter 16 . 10/23/2020
Nearly 2 years and this amazing fic is still dying in a ditch
How bad of a writer's block you had to face to wait this long? Please, keep writing this amazing fic. It's probably the first time I'm this invested in a fanfiction that isn't a crossover, and in a romance of all things
PLEASE UPDATE chapter 16 . 9/14/2020
N
young justice 17 chapter 16 . 3/27/2020
Please continue this story, it's really good. I enjoyed reading it a lot. I very much want to see Gohan and Videl's relationship now that they kissed as well as what happens with Majin Buu.
Lastly chapter 5 . 9/25/2019
I don't know why so many people still make it out to be Gohan's fault for keeping it a secret, he couldn't just trust people he had just met, especially since one of them keeps trying to hound him for all he's worth when he doesn't want the attention. Videl getting mad at him makes it so much worse, and she acts like he committed a crime, but the worse part was that Gohan had to apologize and had to train her to make up for it... even though he did nothing wrong. Although that part that he lied about being the golden warrior was just completely wrong, although I get that he doesn't want her to know the truth about her dad, he shouldn't have lied. Anyway Videl needs to understand that no means no. It was a good chapter, although the contents are sketchy, I think thegodfather93 did a great job in capturing the characters feelings and emotions.
Erin chapter 16 . 9/9/2019
Fun read. The last bit with the guys walking in on gohan and VIDEL getting sll hot and steamy was my fave part, that and the whole cooler fight was really well done. Sad that it looks like there won't be anymore updates. Mmm.
Angelica chapter 16 . 8/19/2019
I just spent the last 48 hours reading this and while I'm glad the Cooler fight got a conclusion I was really hoping this story would be updated soon.I see youre still on here making stories so I hope you finish this one one day. Its one of the better GV fics on here.
antipodean chapter 16 . 7/21/2019
Love the classic dragon ball humour mixed with a gohan that’s not a complete pushover. Amazing fic!
Avatar Stark chapter 16 . 7/10/2019
Okay, this is pretty good. Better than ninety-nine percent of DBZ fanfics good. The plot's engaging, you've got the characters nailed, and it just plain feels like canonical Dragon Ball (which is apparently really hard to do, because I never see the same mix of serious fighting and goofy humor in other fics).

You just need to work on your prose style. Watch the epithets (seriously, quit referring to Videl as "the crime fighter" if that's not the point of the paragraph), because they're jarring and snap a reader out of the story, exactly the opposite of what happens when you just use the character's name or a common pronoun (those fade into the background and become "invisible" to a reader). Watch out for talking about character's hair and eye color too much, we know, we've all seen the anime. Watch out for "orbs," nobody calls eyes "orbs" except for thirteen year old girls writing fanfiction, and people who are trying to parody that hated cliché by doing a sendup of My Immortal.
Avatar Stark chapter 2 . 7/9/2019
Gr. I want to like stories like this, but it's only chapter 2 and you've already referred to Gohan's eyes as "onyx" effing "orbs." And, like every other fanfic writer who hasn't quite grokked English grammar, you're overusing epithets in the descriptive prose instead of just using names or pronouns. This is honestly me trying to be helpful and not an ass: when you feel yourself typing "the demi-Saiayn" for any reason, stop, count to ten, and replace it with "Gohan" or good ol' "he." You'll like yourself better in the morning.
FF-loverHP1 chapter 16 . 2/17/2019
hahaha!
Brankinhovich.sama chapter 16 . 2/12/2019
When can we expect more? I know you've been more focused on the BnhA crossover one (which os also really good) but I would like to see some development on this one. So... any news? xD
FlameDragon14 chapter 15 . 1/15/2019
An epic Cooler reveal. Look forward to more as this has been the best Dragonball Z fic I’ve read in some time, and unlike all the other ones that cut off at the climax of the story, this one seems like it might actually finish. I sure hope so at least. I’ll give it until a year has passed since the last update before I (reluctantly) give up on seeing more from you.