Reviews for Anna Grayson and The Order of Merlin
SeveraSnape6 chapter 43 . 1/6
O man, that was soooo good! I'm heading on to the next book. I'm glad the Guardian union made it! hahaha. I love that Anna can fight back her siblings now. *grin* Poor Victoria...
SeveraSnape6 chapter 38 . 1/5
Oh man, this is so awesome! Love the questions for her to get in. Poor Anna. She was so angry. Can't say that I blame her. I hope swooper is ok. Poor Victoria... so sad what happened. I'm about to meet her... or what took her over rather. Yikes.
SeveraSnape6 chapter 2 . 12/29/2021
Hahahha I love Anna! Your daughter has done amazing with this book! She was a great writer! And I want one of those horses, and hair clips! :) I do feel for poor Anna being a squib. I can feel her sadness at being left out of some things. Wow, that clip really paid that girl back! Mean, but... funny too...
DaveO chapter 2 . 8/24/2021
I wanted to thank all of you who have sent in your reviews recently of my daughter's books. Although we lost Katie in 2005, her family cannot put into words what it means to see her legacy still working to put a smile on so many faces all over the world. It's absolutely magical! God bless all of you for caring and for continuing to pray for our beloved daughter. Regards, DaveO
SnowingCrystals chapter 1 . 8/23/2021
You're a good father. I'm sorry for your loss. Thusfic is older than I am so it makes me sad I couldn't have ever come across this but I'm glad I can at least see it now. To have so much creativity and to actually go forward and write, your daughter was an incrediblely talented person. I'm in awe of someone like that.
TheBoss3254 chapter 43 . 8/23/2021
Thank you for raising such an eloquently spoken and imaginative daughter. To be talked about across the internet nearly twenty years later, they have left behind quite a legacy. I stumbled upon news of this work today alongside 17,000 other people, and wanted to come pay my respects. May they live on in the hearts of readers and authors alike, and above all else, those who dared to imagine. Rest in peace Katie.

~ TheBoss3254
Synergy chapter 1 . 8/22/2021
Saw this on Reddit, just came by to pay my respects. Sorry for your loss.

Hats off to the family for finishing what she would have wanted to finish herself. Maybe someone else will pick up the torch to continue what she started :(
DaveO chapter 29 . 7/27/2018
To our recent guest who provided such a kind review. We appreciate your continued interest in my daughter's work. Katie's family and I really appreciate getting these reviews. It's been 13 years since we lost Katie, but your messages of support and kindness are always welcome. I hope you've read the second Anna Grayson book, entitled, Anna Grayson and the Dragon's Lair. I was able to take all of Katie's notes and chapter outlines about Anna Grayson's second year at Castlewood and create this second volume. I'm not the writer my Katie was, but I hope you enjoy it.
Guest chapter 29 . 7/23/2018
I’m rereading this story (again!). I forgot how good it is. Such a great tribute to your little girl. I can’t read your notes in the reviews without breaking down. I am so sorry for your loss. You seem like an amazing father who raised such an amazing person.
gagaking chapter 39 . 1/15/2017
Wow. Just... Wow. Excellently written.

I was expecting something, but not quite this. I am a bit confused about who exactly "the evil one" is (it can't be Bellatrix, she was in Azkaban, not in the american prison). I am also confused about what becoming a vampire means in the HP world, but I suppose that might be explained later.

Only a few more chapters until the end! This has been a very well done story, and demonstrates a mastery of storytelling and imagination. It is among the best novel-type fan fictions I have read. How did it take me so long to find out this story existed?
gagaking chapter 26 . 1/14/2017
Like the previous chapters of this story (that I sadly have not commented on yet), this was a well written and interesting chapter.

I really like the world building of this story so far and how while it does mention some events in the HP book to keep it in the same world, they aren't heavily mentioned and don't directly influence the story (at least not yet).

I am impressed that you don't focus on going over the classes and glasswork that was discussed in Harry Potter in favor of discussing the main plot and character development so fat.

I like the strong characters, Especially Mr. Greyson. Loving and competent fathers of main characters are sadly rare in fan fictions/stories, so congratulations on doing this so well.

You have set up the plot nicely and I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Thank you for putting this story online where I could read and enjoy it.
feathers chapter 21 . 8/16/2016
I have just read the story behind this story, and I wanted to express my condolences as well as the belief that your work is a wonderful tribute to your daughter, whose characters are memorable and fun to read
Hayden Elrics chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
This was the first ever fanfic I read and I decided to see if it was still around, lo and behold.. I didn't know Katie passed on and I was not expecting it but I will never forget her creations and her introducing me to this wonderful world. Thank you and may love smile upon you.
RoseQuartz1 chapter 6 . 9/9/2015
Man, you had a lot of fun writing this one didn't you?
DaveO chapter 40 . 7/20/2014
Msg to the FanFiction community from Dave O: 7/21/2014 - I wanted to provide another update to Katie's readers who have been waiting so patiently for the second Anna Grayson book entitled, Anna Grayson and The Dragon’s Lair. The book is now nearly finished, but I still have to complete the back half of one middle chapter and then work through my list of “undone items”. This would include a number of small holes that need closure. After this is completed, I will begin submitting chapters to . Some of the chapters are still in early draft (100% completed – but in draft #2 or #3 only). Usually I put together no less than 20 drafts per chapter, so this is why I’ll only be submitting singular chapters (those with completed drafts greater than rev 20) as I work each chapter into its polished final. Thank you all again for your kind messages and words of encouragement to Katie's family as I work to bring you Anna’s second year at Castlewood. I kept a very strict adherence to Katie’s original premise and outlines for the book and I think it turned out great. Book 2 contains 36 chapters and about 240,000 words. In comparison, The Order of the Phoenix was approximately 257,000 words.