Reviews for And My Soul Will Be Free
Guest chapter 1 . 6/10/2019
Very good! I love Daddy!Qui and Son!Obi fics. The only thing that I didn't like was the part about the mullet, which kind of ruined it.
Darth Becky 726 chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
I loved this story like all of your others! Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
I think this is exactly right. It warmed my heart to read this, because I do believe that something like this should have happened. Star Wars as a whole loves to leave the audience to piece together the relationships between people.. the depth of their feelings for each other is never, ever explained, in any of the movies. And yet, we know it's there. And I think you did a superb job of expressing Obi Wan's feelings for Qui Gon, and Qui Gon's feelings for Obi Wan. Fantastic work. Two thumbs up.
Archaeologistof-theresistance chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
There's something Lion King-esque about this to me. That's a good thing though, because I'm just as big a fan of The Lion King as I am of Star Wars. After reading so many fics about *THAT* scene in The Force Awakens in recent days, reading this felt oddly therapeutic. (Yeah, I'm sorry if that makes no sense, but that's the best way for me to describe my feelings while reading this.) I really loved this. Well done.
TolkienScholar chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
Thanks for this. I've always wanted more from that scene; I don't like that in the movie it's all about Anakin, whom they were just recently arguing over, when the two have shared so much for so many years. This is very satisfying, particularly the end when you reference how Obi-Wan gives a name to what Qui-Gon gave to him in that final scene with Anakin: love. Powerful.
Fireflies on a Lake chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
ah great there goes my heart strings! loved this little one-shot it had me honestly tearing up. i liked the idea of the closure between the characters and the insight into what Qui-gon could have possibly thought. Again like your previous fics it was well written with that awesome 'hit the nail on the head' style of writing that you have. can't wait for the next thing that you write!
BladedBlossom chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
Awww. I enjoyed this. You had me tearing up. Like you, I believed in Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in one movie in a way I never believed in Obi-Wan and Anakin in two. It was clear Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were close, because you don't fight like that with someone you're not comfortable with. What Qui-Gon says about Obi-Wan being a good apprentice and destined to be a great Knight still touches me, and the death scene made me cry. I love seeing a positive, affectionate bond.