Reviews for Death Before Dishonor
i.d chapter 29 . 3/16/2012
Great story, I loved it a lot! Thanks for the reading experience.
MuggleCreator chapter 29 . 2/23/2012
You awesome story writer.

I have read Grim Defeat (great) as well as Promises Honored and will be going back to read the trilogy following it.

I like your take on this! Hope you get a sequel up soon.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 29 . 2/14/2012
This was a good story right up until the end, and then you had to go and ruin it by having Dumbledore use Avada Kedavra to kill Voldemort. And then you decided that Fawkes wasn't going to be immortal and rise from his ashes like a real phoenix. Both of those decisions are way out of character.

Dumbledore must know at least 100 ways to kill someone without resorting to an illegal spell. He must know 1000 ways to get his way without killing someone who's in his way, or getting someone else to do his dirty work.

I liked it in UU when you had Sirius kill Voldemort with an AK through his Dark Mark. That was creative and turned one of Voldemort's tactics to gain strength into a vulnerability. Why couldn't you have done something similar here: since he AK'ed Fawkes, and Fawkes donated the core to his wand, the killing curse should have done something strange, like return to sender.

Fawkes is a phoenix. Phoenixes don't die, they just burn up and are reborn. That's just the way they are. You might be able to play around with a phoenix animagus, but not a real phoenix.

One other thing. You never gave Ginny any lines or action to speak of, so what's with Harry's sudden interest in her in the epilogue? I hate it when writers just assume that we want those two to get together, or any two really. I don't think romance should just come out of the blue and hit you in the head like that. I want to see it develop from a small beginning and show how the characters complement one another and grow together through adversity. I don't want to see mix and match romance like doll playing. Today it's Barbie and Ken. Tomorrow it's Barbie and King Kong. Then it's Barbie and Jane. No! Just say NO!
Elless chapter 29 . 12/29/2011
Fantastic! I loved it, and yeah, I see what you meant about Harry not being ready to kill Voldemort yet. I wish there had been more Sirius/Harry bonding, but it was still a great story and very well written. Good job!
luminare91 chapter 29 . 10/22/2011
Though I've been reading Harry Potter for well over a decade, I've only recently started reading fanfiction, and I couldn't ask for a better start. This was wonderful. Everyone was in character and the plot was so engaging. Sirius and Lupin have always been among my favorite characters, and it was great to get to see them take on a larger role. The idea to make them both professors was truly inspired. I can't say enough good things about this fic. Well done! Truly well done!
Web of Obsidian chapter 29 . 10/18/2011
Brilliant, really. A well-written piece of work, and one of the better that I've seen. I'm planning on reading your story 'Promises Unbroken' and the sequels, and I was very please to find that many of my favorite stories were written by the same person. Keep on writing!
Guest chapter 29 . 9/4/2011
WOW. you really are an amazing author. thank you so much!
Nemo Blank chapter 26 . 6/24/2011
This is a good story, but why don't they kill the death eaters? Stunning them just leaves them at their back. If they don't want to use black magic spells to kill, why not apparate to K-Mart and buy some pistols? In the time it takes a wizard to inhale to say some pig latin magic word a good pistoleer could put eight rounds through a wizards brain.
Jimbocous chapter 29 . 6/17/2011
Nicely done, and after all this time this still holds up as a great first foray into the world of HP. Thanks for a great read!
The-Girl-Who-Dreamed chapter 29 . 6/14/2011
Great Story! Loved every part of it!
jetsonastro24 chapter 16 . 5/15/2011
First, your spells were subtle enough that I really didn't notice that they weren't spells mentioned in cannon. Great Job

Second, when you said "Well, now that I've written an Author's Note to rival some people's chapters" I lol'd, I hate it when the chapters are less than 2000 words, unless it is a oneshot, and to see that I'm not the only one peeved about it is a relief.
Mer chapter 29 . 5/4/2011
Wow.

That's all I can say.

I commend you.
librarywitch chapter 29 . 4/24/2011
This fiction came highly recogmend from my Sirius community. OMG I see why. This was simply awesome! Such a fantastic alternate to the end of the cannon series. When Dumbles zapped Voldie, it was a big YES! My dogs thought I had finally lost it. Your portrait of Sirus and Severus was spot on in my opinion. They were just as they should have been! I am looking forward to reading more of your finely crafted work. Thanks so much for sharing.
jeff chapter 29 . 4/5/2011
dude the ending was extrodinarly dissapointing. seriously. the rest of it was amazing. but the ending sucked.
Lindenmc chapter 7 . 3/17/2011
This story is brilliant and, having read several of your later works, I can see that you are meant to be an author. Well done!

Linden