Reviews for Death Before Dishonor

Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
No sequel?
Brilliant job, anyway.
1misspotter chapter 22 . 2/21/2015
I have to say this is the most well written fight scenes I have pretty much ever read. high complement considering how well read I am.
Guest chapter 17 . 1/25/2015
It's really good but please say when you change scene
Brightest Witch Hermione chapter 28 . 9/24/2014
Please please please write a sequel
Samuel La Flame chapter 29 . 7/31/2014
Hi, I just wanted to say that I loved this fic, its one of the few AU fics that I have ever enjoyed and the first written before the Deathly Hallows came out that I have enjoyed. I read it all today (which is why this is the first time i'm reviewing) and I just have a couple questions, if you'd be willing to answer them. I just wondered what happened to Peter Pettigrew and Draco Malfoy in the end. I also wondered whether you would still consider writing that sequel. If you haven't already, I just didn't see it on your profile page. Thanks and please keep writing, Samuel La Flame
McQuillan chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
I love the name of this Fanfiction because the title is my family's motto type thing. Death before dishonor.
The Great Wizard Qui Quae Quod chapter 6 . 5/5/2014
I just love the tension in this chapter. It's great when we see Order members first meet 'the great and terrible' Sirius Black
Guest chapter 29 . 3/1/2014
i loved the story but what ever happened to all if the horcruxes !? voldy should just pop right back up shouldnt he ?
Chimaera.me chapter 29 . 1/9/2014
I love this story! There are not so many good stories who are obviously written before OotP came out, but I really like it because there is so much more freedom in dealing with Voldemort. Horcruxes get a bit boring after a while... It is astonishing to realize how much information is only released in the last three books. I think this really shows that JK did not plan to write a whole series in the beginning. I am wondering though... the reading the books fic from your stories are they taken down? and so yes why? It is not as if they can claim copy right issues...
Editornightmare chapter 3 . 12/20/2013
It is not Quietus it is Silencio
Qi Okami chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Fantastic. Just finished reading, and you're truly brilliant, you are. I loved that you - with absolutely no mention of Horcruxes, or Lily - managed to make so comprehensible and delightful a story, that feels so utterly compatible with canon while at the same time maintaining its originality. It's been a long time since I came across a Battle of Hogwarts story that doesn't somehow involved Horcruxes.

And I assume you wrote this before DH came out, so the way you stood by Snape without even knowing what the push factor was for his double agent role and turning his back on Voldemort, that you made him so utterly in-character with his snarkiness but also with his steadfast loyalty to Albus Dumbledore as well as his determination to remain silent under torture - it matched his final profile perfectly.

Tom Riddle's demise was a little...abrupt, and Harry didn't really play his savior role so well since ultimately Dumbledore and Sirius and Severus were the biggest players in the game, but that's mostly okay. Formatting and font type was a bit off, especially with the tabbing in front of paragraphs, that made for some strange-looking chapters, but otherwise you're good on the technical front.

I love your comedy, especially the dog-chase-cat scene, which was brilliant. As was the invention of the Gatekeeper's Guide. I thought it was a bit strange that Dumbledore would be the one to finish him off, since Harry was always portrayed as the Chosen One, but the prophecy doesn't work here so I guess anyone could take a shot at him. There's still something funny there, like why didn't someone just AK Voldemort in the first war or Snape just finish him off sometime when they're alone, but I'm nitpicking. It's a good story, and very enjoyable.
sena chapter 4 . 9/22/2013
"Once," he mumbled. "Mrs. Weasley, after the Triwizard Tournament."

I normally don't read Harry/fan-girl stories but this one seemed to have some promise.

However, I stopped reading at this point. Unless you made it AU, it is well known that Hermione (the one true future Mrs Potter) gave him his first hug at the end of book one.
old-crow chapter 29 . 9/21/2013
Hi,

Your ending was excellent. It was fantastic to see Dumbledore actually take action for a change. I stand by my earlier comments regarding the other Aurors, but that is a very small point in a very good story.

Thanks for sharing it with us,

Old-Crow
old-crow chapter 22 . 9/21/2013
Hi,

I have a question about your story regarding the Aurors. Given that it is a 24/7 job, no more than 1/4 could possibly have been in the ministry building when it went down - and that would involve everyone who was working that shift to have been in the building.

Unlikely in my mind.

That said, the attack on Hogsmeade must have been going on now for 10 - 20 minutes. Why have none of the Aurors responded?

That's my question.