Reviews for Death Before Dishonor
FairyTale chapter 7 . 1/12/2003
You had me on the edge of my seat with that note 'We are coming'. WOW!

Great how Sirius takes charge of the situation, but also how despite all the planning the situation seems so overtaxing when it finally comes. They all expected it to happen, but when it finally does happen they realize that you can never be prepared.

And Sirius going out to save Snape - I think I have to read that again, it doesn't happen that often that you read something like this.

Harry and Remus are great in this chapter. They both go through the same - they have to leave someone beloved behind - but they handle it completely different. Which doesn't mean that Remus isn't hurt by it, but unlike Harry he sees and knows the reason behind Sirius' decision. It's Harry who has to be kept safe above all else, and both knew that they would probably have to pay the price for it.

AND YOU BETTER LET SIRIUS GET OUT OF THIS UNHARMED! GET MY MEANING?

Erm, okay. Just had to get that out of my system.

But what is Remus teaching, if not defence?

Puzzled.

Wondering.

Can't come to any conclusion.

Can you please update soon? You do a fabulous job here, I'm longing to read more of it!

Yours,

FairyTale
FairyTale chapter 6 . 1/12/2003
I won't go into detail about Arthur's doubts (and the rest of the Weasleys less Ron), but they're done great.

Everything he thinks and does has a reason, he just doesn't know the whole truth behind it all. But from his perspective, he's got every right to be careful, because even Dumbledore can sometimes trust the wrong person.

I like the small interactions between Harry and Sirius, and Sirius and Remus. Especially that Sirius can't fool Remus about his condition.
FairyTale chapter 5 . 1/12/2003
Great scene with the Grangers.

Remus driving a MUGGLE CAR? LOL, I'd love to see that. Marauder influence, I see.

I was a bit confused about the sudden Death Eater scene, but you wound it up so there's nothing to complain. (really, at the moment I think there actually IS nothing to complain at all).

No, you're not begging shamelessly. Yes, you do well in this fandom. Yes, you're in character. No, you're not screwed up. *g*
FairyTale chapter 4 . 1/12/2003
Snape doesn't have an easy job, does he? Keeping up his appearances and hiding his loyalties, knowing fully well that he'll probably die because of what he does...I really like your Snape. He's not out of character, but he's got far more shades than in the books. More important, he's got reasons for what he does. You don't name precisely what made him leave Voldemort and work as a spy, but you make it clear that he had reasons for the decisions he's made. You give him a human quality he lacks in the books, and that makes him even more credible.

You also developed Sirius. Rowling didn't give that much away about him, so there's a lot of room to develop him into, and you do well with it. He's a kind and caring man, he's a powerful wizard, capable of killing but reluctant to do so without reason. He puts others above his own safety, but always has a plan in mind and a trick up his sleeve. He's got a natural authority and always seems to have a full overview over his situation. No wonder Arthur later on compares him to an Auror, that's just the qualities I imagine them to have.

Cute scene between him and Harry.

And don't bring yourself down, I can't imagine anyone to hate this story. It seems you put a lot of effort and thought into it. I like it. A lot.
FairyTale chapter 3 . 1/12/2003
'It was nice to be able to relax.'

Not for long as it seems. Go fall of a broomstick is a really fitting thing to say for a wizard, have to keep that one in mind.

With Dumbledore's note you really manage to draw out all the former peacefulness and happier notes (like the bird thing) out of the scene and underline the worry for Harry. (OMG, I'm sounding like a literature critic here, ain't I? Don't let it bother you, I'm just rambling about the things I like...).

Sirius' and Remus' realtion is great. Remus just has to be the reasonable one there, there's no other way. I like the tension between them, they both know that Harry had to be kept safe, but they also know what could possibly be the price for it. As Remus knows in the later chapters when he's abandoning Sirius.

The scene between the Dursleys and Sirius is good. He did TRY to be friendly first...*g* I love it when people hex the Dursleys. I really do. But you managed to keep serious even despite the funnier notes, and made it perfectly clear that Sirius is able to play a little game with the Dursleys, but that there are boundaries that should not be crossed with him. Like hurting Harry.

It's also remarkable that you gave Petunia at least a little common sense here...*g*
FairyTale chapter 2 . 1/12/2003
I love the way you combine so many different things in this chapter.

First, Arthur's distrust and obvious dislike for Snape. He doesn't know very much about the man, and what he knows are mostly rumours, but he doesn't like him. And Arthur is confused, because he doesn't really understand what is going on between Dumbledore and Snape. He sees that Dumbledore trusts Snape, but he doesn't know if this is enough for him to really trust him, too.

Then there is the interaction between Snape and Dumbledore which is just brilliantly written. It's not so much what they say, but more how they act. Dumbledore treats Snape like someone dear to him who is hurt and with every action and statement you give to those two, you underline the immense trust and concern the two men have for each other. When reading this, I felt like Arthur - witnessing something that was not meant for my eyes to see. D. and S. can't openly show the connection between them, but you made it perfectly clear that it's there. And you did that brilliantly.

And finally, as if to round it up, you connect all this with the concern that all three men in this chapter share: Harry's safety.

Brilliantly done, I can't say anything else about that.

Oh, and that hint about Arthur musing why he never gets told the real name of Wormtail - at that moment I didn't think it would come up later again. But it did. Good job.

And though you manage to give each character here new sides we haven't seen in the books so far, you manage to keep them perfeclty in character. Nothing more to say about that.
FairyTale chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Okay, I just stumbled over your story today, and because it still has far less reviews than it deserves (okay, it's only three days up, but still...), I decided to review every single chapter now.

I know how much reviews really feed an author, and also there are certain things in each and every chapter that I can't leave without a remark.

Better be prepared, if this story continues like this, you'll hear from me more often! *g*

Though I have to admit that I don't have that much to say about that first chapter as such (because of its length), except from the fact that it's always a good start to see a story that doesn't have spelling mistakes in every second word.
Spark-Chick chapter 7 . 1/12/2003
I *love* this! But if you killed off Sirius, I will hunt you down and kill you. ::Grins sweetly:: Ehhh, I'm just kidding. That would involve health, and energy, and the real urge to do anything. I'll probably just cry and moan and beg you to introduce necromancy. *Any*way, this is so-o-o-o good! I can't wait to see what happens! More soon?
Mlle Angel Wings chapter 7 . 1/12/2003
Wow! I just read all of your chapters and it was amazing! I loved it! Though, this last chapter had my on the edge of my seat! I was SO worried about Sirius! You won't have him hurt too bad would you? I can't wait till the next chapter comes up! This whole thing was great! Congrats on it. I hope to read more soon. -

-Mlle Angel Wings-
stormyfire chapter 7 . 1/11/2003
My God. That story is amazing. I still have tears drying on my face from about half a page ago. I'm putting it on my fav's list.

Update soon!
An Anti-Sheep Cheese Muffin chapter 7 . 1/11/2003
aww this is so well writen and so cute! i want to know who will Snape and Black will react when they meet! Continue or I shall hit thee with...FISH! And I mean it! *gets fish ready*

~LadyLaura020
Anoni chapter 2 . 1/11/2003
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I had to comment on this chapter because a couple of things surprised me. I would think Arthur would already know that Snape was a former death eater, considering that at the end of the fourth book, Snape shows his Dark Mark to Fudge with both Mrs. Weasley and Bill in the room. I'm also surprised that he wouldn't know who Wormtail was-I imagine Ron would have told him-but maybe not.

All in all, a good story, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it.
Brooke chapter 7 . 1/11/2003
please keep going you left a huge cliffy ! your really talented!
Ikazo chapter 7 . 1/11/2003
Oh, this is great fic! You won't kill Sirius, right? He surely must be OK for Harry's sake!

Please write more soon!
darkjediqueen chapter 7 . 1/11/2003
I LOVE THIS STORY! THIS IS SO SWEET. PLEASE WRITE MORE! I HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS.
1,197 | « Prev Page 1 .. 68 75 76 77 78 79 .. Last Next »