Reviews for At Midday
drm9473 chapter 1 . 5/16/2020
One shot really nice and sweet, thank you for sharing!
GreenEyes-BlueCoke chapter 1 . 9/20/2018
That was really cute
Clover chapter 1 . 5/15/2017
Love it!
Kadri chapter 1 . 4/3/2017
I read this story some time ago, and I'm so glad to have found it again. Your one-shots are so refreshing, and I just love your modern take on Lizzy. She is wonderfully irreverent, and (unlike other reviewers) I was not put off by the swearing at all, even when it was coming out of an eight-year-old's mouth. I can only imagine that she must have picked it up from her father (and/or the rest of the crew) while Catherine Debourgh was on tour. Hahaha, she may have even learned it from Catherine herself!

I especially enjoyed Lizzy's reappearance (as an adult) when Darcy was meeting with Bingley, Caroline, and Jane, and I laughed when Lizzy told Darcy to F-off when he called her up on stage at the end. I rather wish this was a multi-chapter, just to give the other characters (Mr. Bennet, Wickham, Bingley, Caro, and Jane) some extra story time, and to get more Darcy/Lizzy moments (especially if they teamed up against Wickham when they were kids!), but you still wrapped everything up very nicely.

Suffice it to say, I'm saving this to my favorites so I don't lose it again. I adore a good P&P fan story. Now I'm off to reread your other works!

(Oh, and I just wanted to add: Bravo! I can't imagine how challenging it must be to write in another language! I did notice some minor errors, but they dont detract from your storytelling skill at all. I never would've guessed that English is not your native language. Well done!)
GaijinVamp chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
Cute story. The potty mouth fits right into the character.
snsandsnsibility chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
I love the idea of a bad mouthed Elizabeth! This was awesome.
worldtravellingfly chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
Lovely story! 3
Once Upon Anothers Story chapter 1 . 12/31/2015
cute and fun love it
Dizzy Lizzy.60 chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
Potty mouth ain't the word, lol. Loved this truly sweet story. Every thing summed up in a coupla paragraphs, then tied in a neat little bow. Brava!
bookbabe68 chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
I love your stories and especially this! And studies have shown swearing is actually a sign of creativity and intelligence so I think it fits in great with Lizzy's character
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
Whoa terrible language for an 8 year old! And even super rude for an adult, I get her being annoyed but even in a modern rendition she would probably be a little less harsh!
Happy Lizzy chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
Cute!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
Didn't make it past the second line.
phyloxena chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
Cute. Especially Star Wars confusion and a fairly safe manifestation of GW.
To easily offended guest: Since English is my second language as well I can appreciate how swearing in it doesn't have as much impact for the author as for native speakers ( Hebrew spoken culture is more egalitarian than any in other language).
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
I hate the swearing. Demeaning to Elizabeth's character. And demeaning to language generally. Swearing shows a lack of creative ability with language. And the f word is particularly crude and offensive. Who wants to kiss a mouth that that word comes out of regularly.

But you are writing and contributing and clearly creative and that's to be applauded Your door in the wall contribution was inspired and fun to read. Thank you. Stick with that level of creativity.