Reviews for Remain in Light
JCBS chapter 5 . 6/13/2016
"...but he wasn't going to let on to Captain Fantastic here."
Hilarious! You're *so* good at Han's voice!
And now we know Phasma's motive. Things are getting exciting...
JCBS chapter 4 . 6/13/2016
This was a painful chapter for me to get through, considering the endless string of grief In Leia's life, but your storytelling is compelling. And things are looking up.
JCBS chapter 3 . 6/13/2016
Chuckling at Han's intermittent internal thoughts. Can actually *hear* his voice. Perfect characterization of his wry reactions. Also enjoyed him surveying the room for potential weapons and mean of escape despite his condition.

Note from chapter 2 that I wanted to include: a sweet connection, having Lieutenant Connix there to help Leia.
JCBS chapter 2 . 6/12/2016
"Fleeting memories of the long years they'd spent together flickered through her mind, like the pages of an archaic book being ruffled by a thumb."
Achingly beautiful. More tears...
You captured Leia's pain so well in this chapter. Of course she would be physically and emotionally (through the Force) concussed.
JCBS chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
I can't even write a coherent review for chapter one bc you've got me crying. Again. Just like when I saw the movie. Even though you've promised me a happier ending...
Mirialgirl chapter 14 . 6/3/2016
I really enjoyed this. And yep, I'm glad the naughty bits are there too. Any reconciliation would not ring true without that. And as to Rey & Poe - looking forward to find out how this develops. Great work!
Mirialgirl chapter 9 . 6/3/2016
Still really enjoying it
Arallute chapter 13 . 5/7/2016
9:00 pm: chapter 11: Hey, there's a whirlpool in this fresher? When are they going to make use of that?
9:15: chapter 12: I guess they're not going to.
9:30: chapter 13: Oh hell yes. Hello, hot tub!
9:32: My son says, "I'm tired. Can you tuck me in?" -"Hold on, I'll be there in a minute."
9:40: "It's been 8 minutes. I'm in my pajamas."
9:40: "Okay, uh, get into your pajamas and I'll be there...soon...right after I finish reading this really long chapter..."
9:41: "I'm IN my pajamas!"
9:55: "Okay, coming!"
9:56: Child is fast asleep, lights on.
Kelleher chapter 14 . 5/7/2016
I have to admit I tried to read this soon after TFA came out and couldn't, because the shock of what TPTB had done to my favorite fictional couple was still too raw and infuriating, and the way that Han's death had been handled in a way that just felt too offhanded was too disappointing.

I've finally come back to it, and I have to say that this is an achingly beautiful story you told, and one that has so much depth of understanding of what these characters - and the desire to see them happy - mean to people that I wish Lucasfilm had realized they need to ring you up and put you on contract.

Well done. SO well done.
Arallute chapter 6 . 5/7/2016
"I'm here," Han says?! He couldn't think of something a little more specific to say, like maybe a planet's name or his interstellar coordinates? Come on, Han. It's a big galaxy. If Leia's going to go find you, you need to be a tad more precise.

I'm very glad they're finally both awake at the same time, though. Poor Leia had enough of grief.
Arallute chapter 4 . 5/6/2016
I love this so far! So very well written.

Thank you for providing a plausible theory for Chewie's avoidance of Leia upon arriving back on D'Qar. So much has been made about Leia not hugging Chewie. It didn't bother me, since I figured he didn't want to discuss matters in front of others and didn't trust himself to maintain control if he talked to her. But you said it a lot better than I could have.
SonriaCat chapter 14 . 4/30/2016
This is my new head Canon. amazing
DarkPoltergeist chapter 14 . 4/25/2016
Well done! H/L are my favorite part of SW and I was quite unhappy with their ending; at least as far as we know at this point from TFA. This story is nicely done with plausible scenarios, and you have a nice take on the characters. I think that Rey should belong to H/L too; it really makes the most sense but who know what the creators of the next movie will do. As one of my friends said, "she looks like her mother but acts like her father." I'm glad you included that aspect in your story. So thanks for the read! It was good. (I will be posting a SW stories one of these days; just finishing up the first draft now; a H/L story after the end of TFA).
Carol
HallieCB3 chapter 14 . 4/20/2016
Amazing! Loved your story and I hope Lucasfilm has something like this on hand. i am now mor into the final stage of grieving about what happened to Han, but I would really like to see him surviving, and your story gives the perfect way. I also ship Poe and Rey, and I love how your story blended a lot of elements together. Awesome!
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 14 . 4/11/2016
I believe in the fan theory that Rey is Kenobi's daughter. And thus I paid her and Kylo together. Second would be Poe x Rey. I had a laugh at Chewie's reaction to Han being alive.
277 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »