Reviews for Poisoned
quarterhorseranch chapter 2 . 4/17
Interesting exploration!
charlotte chapter 2 . 6/29/2004
Absolutely superb. Wow, I am beyond words really. The delicate descriptions of his weakened state and the dark thoughts about Gollum poisoning poor Frodo's mind make this short little fic really angsty. Lots of angst great fic!
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 2 . 4/26/2004
Oh, beautifully dark! Love it!
Leia
easterlily41482 chapter 2 . 1/23/2003
Wow...the end? I was thinking this was going to be another one of your larger fics ;) This was wonderful. I've always wondered how people are able to write such short fics. And so beautifully and perfectly. I liked the way you showed the difference between the first time Frodo saw Gollum and how he himself has changed because of the ring. I know another user already said this, but I must agree that Sam not realizing in giving no hope for Gollum he gave no hope for Frodo.
Elbereth chapter 2 . 1/19/2003
Wow... That was quite good. Quite good indeed.
Moriel chapter 2 . 1/19/2003
The end? But that was only two chapters! I like the way you compared Frodo to Gollum in the first chapter, and the sick-Frodo angst in the second. It really showed the effect that the Ring had on Frodo. It's a great story!
arabella thorne chapter 2 . 1/19/2003
I still think this is one of the best depictions of what the Ring did to Frodo not only physically but mentally
Nilmandra chapter 2 . 1/18/2003
You gave us two today! Thank you.

I like how you have used "poison" to denote the damage done to Frodo by the ring. It has changed and altered him, weakened him and drawn him further from hope. Little does Sam realize that in seeing no hope for Gollum to return to Smeagol, he offers his beloved master little hope of returning to who he was.

I have the utmost in respect for Tolkien for portraying so well in the LOTR the concept that "some wounds can never be fully healed"; that everyone does not live happily ever after. So many wish to see Frodo as "weak" or "just depressed" and fail to see the depth of harm done to him.

But you know all that. Thanks again.
easterlily41482 chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
This is an excellent start to another fascinating fic. I really enjoyed how you portray Frodo comparing himself to Smeagol in this chapter. It's a no wonder Frodo wanted to help him. I always thought that Frodo thought if he could save Smeagol then he could save himself.
Alexandra Spar chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
MORE!

I like this an awful, awful lot, and I'm curious about what you're going to do with these interesting threads. I've always wondered vaguely what it must have been like for Frodo watching Smeagol's battle with himself. Fascinating. And the fact that the elvish lembas is starting to make him ill is a lovely, very subtle intimation of the increasing influence of the Ring.

As always, I am delighted and I wants MORE.
hobbithaus chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
great writing...hope you finish this one!
Zorra Reed chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
oh that's sad. Good fic, hurry with more.
Tanglewinde chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
What terrific insight you have here. Frodo comparing himself to Smeagol. And the threesome surrounded by evil and the awful landscape, the pull of the ring weighing the poor little one down..and Sam, his best friend unable to see frodo's pain.

Excellent.
Aunt burrito chapter 1 . 1/8/2003
yay, Im the first to reveiw...

Anyways, Im a big fan of your other stories, so when I read this, I was finally happy that you had another one out. I loved it, it was so...unnerving,I guess,whatever it was,it was powerful.

-tootles