Reviews for Dark Moon Rising
nihongoneko chapter 7 . 7/4/2007
I'm really glad you decided not to kill off Ryoga. And I also glad that Mousse here isn't so... stupid. Not that he's really, but I like it better this way. I wonder how Akane and Ranma are taking all this. Will you put more of their POV in the next chapter? Update soon please! )

sincerely, nihogoneko
Tai Khan chapter 7 . 7/1/2007
Please, by all that's holy, either use some other anime, or original characters, or go to "The Ranma 1/2 Hentai Gallery" (they've the entire translated manga) and actually find out what the characters are like.

This is actually painful to read.
nihongoneko chapter 6 . 6/27/2007
That's okay! Anyway, great story so far. ) I especially like the little poems you had out at the end of two of the chapters. I can't wait to find out what happens next, but I will wait patiently for your update. I can see why this story is rated 'M'.

sincerely, nihogoneko
Mermaid Ninja chapter 5 . 12/17/2006
A isn't a rare blood type. It's quite common.
Tai Khan chapter 6 . 12/7/2006
Interesting, but... the characters are so OOC as to be almost unrecognizable.

As I mentioned in an earlier review, if Akane had been out that late it would have been a major event and at the very least worthy of some comment by the residents of the Dojo. Instead, it was handled within the story as if it were a common occurrence. Akane's fear of 'grounding' was unfounded as Soun doesn't have the backbone to likely ever even hint at disciplining his daughters.

One can assume that Akane's clothes were torn and bloody after she was attacked, yet no mention was made of this by anyone, least of all Kasumi who surely would have noticed while gathering the laundry.

Akane's vicious attack of Kuno, while hardly unusual, would be insufficient to render Ranma indecisive (he's hardly known for prudence or his sense of his own mortality). And it was indicated within the story that such vicious attacks had been occurring for a week?

With their experiences of the weird and unusual, as well as Akane's unusual ferocity, Ranma and Nabiki display clear skepticism of Cologne's prognosis of what may be happening, as if it were blatantly impossible?

A modification of lycanthropy to intimate some manner of control as being possible by a 'soul mate'? My, how convenient that the Kami have ordained that Ranma and Akane are such.

Nabiki's bursting upon the scene in Akane's bedroom with a demand to know what's going on is hardly in character, and more suited for Akane herself. Especially with Nabiki having at least some forewarning of the possible events. It would have been more in character for her to remain in her behind a locked and barricaded door.

Despite the ending events at Jusendo, Ranma's feelings for Akane were still very much in the air, and certainly not sufficiently established enough for even so-called 'private' declarations of 'love', between either of them.

Well, whaddya know? Jusenkyo curses 'accelerate' the spread of lycanthropy! Again, how convenient. Funny though, I don't recall Cologne ever mentioning any such thing to Nabiki when they visited, nor any point at which Nabiki and Cologne talked privately or 'off-camera' as it were.

And it's doubtful that the Tendo compound is sufficiently large enough, or unobstructed enough, as to allow the landing of a medical helicopter.

And finally, even if it's only a suspicion, I find the lack of any Amazon presence observing the Tendo Dojo on the night of a 'full moon' questionable. Nor do I find Cologne's 'sympathies' in character, as Akane's becoming a werewolf would be a prime opportunity to remove her as an obstacle to Shampoo's claims upon Ranma as her 'husband' and something to be exploited. In fact, I'd be more inclined to believe that Cologne would want to keep Ranma as far away as possible from Akane until her suspicions were either confirmed or disproved, not standing watch over a potential werewolf on the night of a full moon... alone!

While you have an interesting basis for a story here, it doesn't seem to have been well thought out, depending far too heavily on fabricated happenstance and questionable circumstance, as well as unsubstantiated assumptions on character motivations and behavior.
Kurt Baros aka The Falcon chapter 4 . 11/14/2006
hmm...i think the damn ones are something like a were-wolf or some type of were-creature. its a good story so far i like how you built it up i wasnt sure at first who the girl was in the begining but i feel sorry for Nameria when she changes. akane might not be the strongest fighter them but she is the most violent and she does have untaped ki reserves.
Fluffbeast chapter 5 . 10/30/2006
wow... (speachlessness)
staralinga chapter 4 . 4/7/2006
you really have to update this its really interesting
Yuki Asao chapter 4 . 3/26/2006
Wow this is an amazing story! Please update soon! Oh, and Shampoo's name in chinese is Xian Pu, not Sham-pu. Also, can you log in to this site? whenever i try to, it tells me in order to get to the page i want, i have to log in. I do it again, and it says the same thing. Do you have that problem?
Innortal chapter 4 . 10/31/2005
Damn, nice touch.
DarkRubberNeck chapter 4 . 10/30/2005
So now Ranma is going to become one too? Now that was unexpected.
cutie-akane chapter 3 . 10/12/2005
nice work u r doin':) i just hope u keep it on goin'...
Tai Khan chapter 3 . 10/2/2005
Referring back to the prologue...

1) It's highly unlikely that Soun would even attempt to 'ground' any of his daughters.

2) If Akane had stayed out late, without calling home, all of Nerima would have known about it.

3) To my knowledge, only special units of Japanese Law Enforcement are armed.
Tai Khan chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Seven-inch teeth? That's sufficiently long enough to pass completely through a young girl's shoulder.
DarkRubberNeck chapter 3 . 10/1/2005
I did wonder who the dead girl was, I guess it was Akane. I guess things are going to get very violent from now on.