Reviews for The Dark Lord's Equal
WorlfOfGray chapter 26 . 6/3/2020
I really love this story, i binge read it in a few hours jshdjshdjs my eyes hurt
Redhorseman25 chapter 5 . 4/27/2020
Was a good read until chapter 5 when harry admits to liking boys. Im not homophobe but not my cup of tea. Sorry for not being able to read further but that comment caused me to lose all interest.
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 6 . 4/20/2020
I have a deep, terrible need to smack you over the head with a heavy psychology-book right now. -Sighs exasperated-

But I'm too tired f fighting the ridiculus and over-used clichè of dumbledore giving a shit about power and control, or is in any way, shape or form evil and/or intentionally manipulative. Total bullshit. And stupid to boot.

If you want to make him seem like an ass, at LEAST work with the notion that he is the very epithamy of the saying "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

If you want to be a bit more specific and accurate, add in his eternal struggles with his guilt and shame. He let his sister die while frolicing with Grindewald and planning world domination. (Most likely thinking the poor muggles NEEDED the guidance of their benevolent wizard overlords. He still thinks that way, but he's changed tactics to gentle guidance and more acceptable human rights, if you look closely on how he treats and talks about muggles.)

He KNOWS Voldemort is his own faulth, but he mistakedly think it's because he failed to stop him before he gained power. (Nature vs nurture. Dumbledore is convinced he was born evil. But even psychopaths CAN be valuble members of society. And I personally think Voldie is a sociopath, not psychopath. A.i. not born evil, but created by circumstaces. IF dumbledore had listened to his pleas and found a wizard home for him or ANYTHING but the horrid orphanage, he would be a VERY different person. Maybe even a powerful GOOD politician. Or at least someone like Francis Underwood.)

Anyway... You write very well. I keep my fingers crossed there will one day also be logic. _
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 5 . 4/20/2020
I'm suprised he doesn't just subjegate Snape -although I CAN understans the caution-, or at the VERY least starts on a plan to ensure he suffers a terrible "accident". (I really love the way one fic had Harry sabotage someone elses potion, learn a spell to tie your shoes and tied his shoelaces togethet so he spilled some kind if quick-acting acid potion on himself. Lol)

I love Snape dearly, but in the name of logic just about any powerful and amoral Harry WOULD kill him. (Or worse. In my Harold the Magnificent, death would have been better. Poor Snape... But logic only allows one option for him. )

Still... Pretty good story. While Hufflepuff is terribly illogical, you managed to find a way that would ACTUALLY make it logical. And you did it WITHOUT the faulthy belief that the hat was wver gonna give him a choice. (Honestly... That probing for a potential future ambition was so freaking obvious... lol)
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 3 . 4/17/2020
Fun Fact: The Leaky Cauldron 100% normal, possibly even a tiny bit more classy, than the avrage british pub.
(You jave NO idea just how OFTEN I have cursed broken locks, missing locks, missing toiletseats, and exceptionally dirty toilets. Although that may be the men's room only for all I know. Never been in the ladies part, but girls tend to be pickyer.)

I guarantee that -aside from the name- Vernon would totally go to the Leaky Cauldron in hope they showed the latest football game.

SOME pubs are classier, but they're also usually mainly frequented by tourists. In the center of the city.

On a different note: Wizards CAN sense magic cast in muggle neighborhoods. Case to point: Dobby. Dementors.

But my theory is that they don't know WHAT is cast wandlessly, only the magnitude. And possibly not until after Hogwarts. (Nobody noticed what Tom Riddle did, tho it could also be a new invention.)

Buy since it does NOT trace adult wizards...a.i. death eaters... I could suggest maybe a Trace was added unknowingly when children first entered Hogwarts. Maybe why first years take a different route? Or re-applied every year? Impossible to be sure without asking Rowling.
d'ihshtri chapter 26 . 4/14/2020
This is the best Puff Harry I ever had a pleasure to read!
Amazing pace You set at the beginning till this moment is so natural for events that I can't help but hope to read more. And unlike many, as an Author you manage to surprise))) thnak you so much for sharing this with us! Please continue this lovely masterpiece.
On the sidenote, I watched "sense8" show on netflix and at certain moments felt like they were inspired by you or you by them. Or maybe universe creates masterpieces itself and they come in sets and series. Well, I recommend watching it you won't regret it.
Thanks again,
And good luck!
Serinity Dawn chapter 26 . 4/7/2020
You are doing an amazing job on this story! Keep up the good work and I like the seventh!
evil-in-a-prom-dress chapter 26 . 3/25/2020
Woohoo! Gotta love a dramatic ending like that. Looking forward to the next chapters! I can practically feel Tom approaching the story line... and I'm so excited.
evil-in-a-prom-dress chapter 26 . 3/25/2020
I have never wanted to laugh so hard in my entire life [I thought it was warring faerie tribes battling for dominance], and not been able to. I'm supposed to be doing my online class work rn, and my grandmother is watching. People don't laugh while doing homework.
evil-in-a-prom-dress chapter 22 . 3/24/2020
also, I'm really sad that I'm getting near the end of what you have published rn. this story is great and I've spent the last two days reading nothing but it. I'm def gonna follow
evil-in-a-prom-dress chapter 22 . 3/24/2020
AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA! this is awesome and I love it so much. thank you.
Gendie01 chapter 4 . 3/22/2020
And this is why i hate "cheating the Hat" fics.

If you had put harry in slytherin, i would have kept reading this.
Sachi chapter 4 . 2/15/2020
But that's not how the hat works it doesn't go on what would be strange or unexpected it goes by your personality, your goals, the way you see/do things. It places you where you will grow into the person you really are. What i'm saying is that harry has shown none of the trades that place you in hufflepuff at all.
Guest chapter 26 . 2/14/2020
This story is beyond magnificent. I’m just itching to read the rest!
Charlie0925 chapter 26 . 2/1/2020
Great writing here honey! I'm loving this fic and cannot wait to read more! ;o)
672 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »