Reviews for Instruments of Destruction
scrimshaw chapter 1 . 1/27
I discovered this story last year (yes, in the middle of the pandemic), and found it amazingly timely and wickedly hilarious. I've sat through project meetings with echos of these dilemmas, where expectations far exceed reasonable results, and the frantic efforts of Admiral JerJerrod were a master class in what happens when these situations reach their inevitable, painful conclusion. I have taken to quoting "Nine women can't make a baby in one month," which makes this tale worth the price of admission alone. This tale provides solid example of what fan fiction can bring to the table: a unique, less explored take on the work that both explores and expands the universe in an entertaining way.
Corporate Drone chapter 1 . 10/14/2020
Hilarious and too realistic. Made me kind of sad about my own life. Read while procrastinating sending feedback on a risk report to my manager.
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 1 . 4/3/2020
love it. yeah Palps just let his Ego get away from him COMPLETLY holy hell, the man wasent made to run the empire, he was very much a Ceasar for an Anthony/Cleopatra or a Octavian to take over after.
which Anakin would have been. well Ceasar is very different but same timeline type thing. hes a conquer the republic and FOUND the empire, not run it type fella.
but then cripppled and ruin potential but got no other replacements!

all the fun. WONDERFUL good work! love the disaster of it.
archtech88 chapter 1 . 1/28/2020
This is absolutely brilliant! I loved reading it from his point of view and how stressed he was about it.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/6/2019
Dear Jesus, I was on this project once...and let's not forget the contractor trying to get rich on change orders and only finding out what went wrong from the subcontractor the main contractor failed to pay.
Cheesefondue chapter 1 . 5/8/2019
That's exactly how it must have gone down _
Synthesis chapter 1 . 4/19/2019
This is the sort of Star Wars story I would like to write if I was braver, more adventrous, less desperate for readers and maybe less wary of accusations of closet sympathy for well-dressed space Nazis. So instead I wrote some boring mediocrity about mercenaries and moral dilemmas about the Jedi and justifications of violence. I really like this story, some picking at needless details aside, and I'm glad it was recommended to me. Your attention to detail was much appreciated, and while I might have your head for those kind of mechanical details, I don't think I'd have it for the spirit of project management. Well done, Alexander.
JustMovedIn chapter 1 . 2/18/2019
Heh. Nice story, and it is now canon as far as I am concerned.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2019
Still my favorite Star Wars fanfiction.
TheTower1 chapter 1 . 1/15/2019
Lol I hurt myself from laughing so hard.
Ember Rising chapter 1 . 11/11/2018
Amazing. Thank you for this lovely bit of morbid humor. There's always fun to be had behind the fantastically strange hero-centered story of Star Wars.

My only critique is I wish there were more scenes instead of explanations. The conversation with Ganth is excellent and builds the story better.
PlasticSoldier chapter 1 . 10/19/2018
Darkly humorous. I was looking to reread Metropolitan Man and was not disappointed to see this listed as another thing you had done.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/15/2018
Still one of my top 20 fanfictions.
Trombonin chapter 1 . 5/1/2018
Man I’m rereading this years after I first checked it out and it’s still one of my favorite one shots. Very well written
quietwraith chapter 1 . 3/12/2018
I love how you managed to make us feel sorry for an evil person. And that line about eliminating words such as "sleep" from your vocabulary was very relatable. A small criticism-wasn't Jerjerrod a Moff, not an Admiral? 10/10, will read everything else you've written.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »