Reviews for The Miracle Drug
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Pretty good
Fyliwion chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
Nice.. I love the different perspective, and the connection in the end. Very well done.
FS chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
The idea was good and the fic was very well written. I've read all of your stories and like all of them, but was too lazy to review (huge apology!)
WTF chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Yes, but in the episodes where the other detective (i forget his name) gave Conan Chinese liqour (was that sake?) and Conan turned back into Jimmy for a short while, Conan thinks (I'm not sure on the exact words) 'I'm seventeen. Well, that's still a minor.' Are you saying the movie was before that? It was only the first season and in America it hadn't come out yet. In any case, the theory of only young people who take the drug is pretty solid. The only problem is finding that out for the lab rats, but you would have to experiment a lot more bla bla bla. Getting off the topic, do you know what is up with people making gay matches in FMA fics? I mean, WTF is up with that. I'm perverted as Hell and the ideas in those have not crossed my mind. At all. You seem to be a good writer, keep up the good work.
Chuquita chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
Heard about this story in another fic where the author was giving a "father's day" story challenge. *nods*. I have to say this was a pretty long & powerful read. :) Veggie & Son-kun half-brothers? Wow, interesting information. Glad Veggie kept it to himself though. Overall this was a very nicely written story and even though you said you're done w/fanfiction I gotta admit you're pretty good at it; hope you get this review. Bye!

-Chuquita
Schillok chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Or maybe everything is a matter of age?

If the APTX was only used again important persons, like managers - whom are much older than Shinichi and Haibara - it might have a different effect on younger people.

The APTX seems to transform the person back into a seven year old kid. An old man would need a much higher dosis - maybe the dosis is only big enough to let half of his cells become younger, while the other half stays in the old form. The resulting inequality would disturb the whole metabolism of the victim (Shinichi told he felt like burning, when he drunk APTX, could be because his body changed everything). This inequality could result in death, if cells are remaining in their former state...

Again, a theorie.

[Unfortunatelly Ai didn't appear yet in Germany, so I almost don't know anything about her.]
Kasuga-sempai chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
Very good! This fic is a real evidence that you indeed know what you're writing about. It's a compliment! _

A thought: I believe that the reason Conan and Haibara could survive from APTX 4869 was a mere "luck", "coincidence", "fate", "flux of nature", or whatever you want to call it.

Well, actually, it's more complex than that. They could survive because their bodies _happened_ to react like that. I'm sure everybody is familiar with allergy. Each people/body might react differently to the allergic-agent because their DNA told their body to do so.

Let me put it this way, each people has different probability to survive from APTX 4869. Some has 0.1% probability to survive, some has 0.01%, and the rest maybe only has less than 0.001%. Say, Shinichi and Shiho's body happened to have 1% probability. In other words, they have 1 out of 100 chances to survive from APTX 4869 poisoning. That was actually pretty high. And by mere luck, that 1 of 100 has happened.

That may be an over-simplication, but I'm not a doctor. At least, that's the best explanation we can have now and I'm sure you've been thinking the same line.