Reviews for How to Adult
AngelTwins527 chapter 29 . 1/14
Sorry this review is so late, for some reason the website said that we weren't following this story anymore. Anyway, this chapters was AMAZING! Did not see the engagement coming but it was great! The family dinner was amazing as always! Hope that your life is a little bit less stressful by now :)
Can't wait till the next chapter! 3
O my god, I finally caught up with the chapters again! Sorry for having been gone for such a long time, I had a baby in September and that took and still takes so much time!:-D
Loved the previous chapters though, and Ally and Xavier got engaged, that is brilliant! I am excited to read more about Rose and Scorpius although I know that it'll probably be a while. Also, I really hope that something romantic is going to happen between Eliza and Benjamin, they would be such a cute couple and it would be interesting to see how they battle his pureblood family. And as always, I am happy to have Dom in a chapter, I love that character!
Keep your good work up, I am looking forward to read it!
Rumbadumba
a243 chapter 29 . 1/14
As soon as I saw the title I knew what was coming! I love puns ;)
And I really like Ally proposing to Xavier, and I cannot wait to see Vic's reaction!
Also, when is Lucy gonna dump Austin? He is getting on my nerves
(oh and do we get to see Charlie's gf soon? I am soo excited for that!)
xx
Jennifer Jules chapter 29 . 1/11
First off, Happy New Year!
The Weasley family dinner always meets my expectations. I love them. But OH EM GEE! Xav and Ally are engaged! I was so not expecting that! AHH! I love it and I loooove that she proposed. And I love how it totally wasn't planned, that it just kinda popped out, I think its a testament to their love. For one, that she feels comfortable in everything they have to actually say the words and ask, and that he feels the same level of comfort and love to accept. SO cute! Also, totally forgot about Charlie's muggle girlfriend and the fact that she's coming for Christmas (that is SURE to be interesting, so can't wait for iẗ) Good luck this month with whatever is stressing you out.
Seher Syed chapter 29 . 1/9
Great chapter! Ally and Xavier are engaged! Woohoo!
Ann chapter 29 . 1/9
An entirely lovely chapter! I agree with you on the proposal - Ally needed to be the one to do it. As I read it, it kind of threw me off-guard, but I think the whole situation of just wanting to bring up a house but then everything spilling out so she just went with it is very true to the Ally you have developed! And I'm glad it came from her, so that Xavier didn't have to feel the pressure for once ;) I also loved the check-in at Hogwarts, and the development in the Scorpius/Rose situation - hope we get to see more of that soon! All in all, a great mix of vivid characters and a well-paced plot, yay! Happy writing :)
TNMLover chapter 29 . 1/8
You totally need to write more about Louis and Cecilia! Please don't break them up, I would be heartbroken...They are by far my favorite fanfic couple of all time! Your story's are amazing, and you're a extremely talented writer! Do you think maybe you could do a "casting" so we know what you think the characters look like?
emeraldeyes0731 chapter 29 . 1/3
OMG thank youu for this chapter! I think out of all the pairings, Ally and Xavier make the top three. I LOVE the dynamic they have and they are so cute. I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
jeremiah123 chapter 29 . 1/5
great!
silverlover02 chapter 29 . 1/4
This is such a wonderful chapter! I absolutely love it! One of my main ships in the series has also gotten engaged! The fact that Ally was the one who proposed was a really good twist too, plus the fact that she used "buying a house" as an intro since that was the trigger as to why they broke up in the first place almost a year before. Also excited to meet Charlie's girlfriend. I hope they told him about the engagement too (pretty sure he'd be disappointed if he was the last to find out again). This also made me wonder if the engagement could possibly trigger Freddie into stepping up his game (since Ally wrote him a personal letter, maybe he'd start to think about wanting to get serious too? As we saw in the previous chapter, he hasn't really matured yet but his friends have and are thus trying to influence him into maturing as well). This was just a random thought though. These could be completely unrelated events and are just a result of my overthinking (I just love this fic so much).

I don't mind waiting for the future chapters since this is most definitely worth it. Good luck with everything! :)
GinevraFangirl chapter 29 . 1/3
OMG! Ally and Xavier are engaged! The proposal was FRICKIN ADORABLE. Perfect. Loved this chapter. Like, a lot.
Izzy chapter 29 . 1/3
Oh boy oh boy did I love this chapter! Ally and Xavier are one of my favourite couples in this whole series, and I am very happy that their engagement happened like this! I'm really excited to see if you show other people's reactions to finding out, like Malcolm, Clark & Mark, Kyle & Sandra, and Xavier's immediate family excluding Cecelia. For some reason I'm picturing Katie hugging Ally way too hard with tears streaming down her face! Also Brogan gives you a lot of cuteness potential.
Your decision to have Ally propose was really cool, because it was really unexpected, including to Ally. I think that the most elaborate proposal setup would have just been too easy to compare to Teddy and Vic's engagement scene, and other stories I've read where every couple got engaged in a different, super elaborate way really sucked after a while. I think some sort of quidditch based proposal, like Xav flying down to Ally in the stands straight after winning a game to get down on one knee, would have been very Xavier, but not very Ally, and anything Vic helped him plan would have been very Ally and not very Xav. This is my long winded way of saying I think you nailed it.
I feel like you were foreshadowing a bit in this chapter when Vic urged Louis and Cecelia to elope rather than face the combined Weasly/Wood/Veela relatives. I really now want the pair of them to randomly disappear for a month and come back super tanned and also married, with zero explanation. I can't decide if this would once and for all fix the Oliver problem or aggravate it into an explosion. I feel like that chapter might actually end with a cut away from Oliver being steamingly furious, to Louis at his big sister's flat getting a broken nose patched up while Cecelia stomps around in the background.
If you can't tell, I have essentially a fanfic of this story in my brain. I could write the rest of the Cecelia and Louis bits for the whole story if you want!
Are we going to find out next chapter why the two of them were late? It must be pretty important, because, as you mentioned, neither of them are usually late for anything.
I've come up with another reason Oliver wants to break up Cecelia and Louis : he wants grandchildren that will have super quidditch genes, and so wants Cecelia to get together with a professional quidditch player, such as any one of the players that have met and liked her during interviews, but who have met her boyfriend, who likes to wait for her after these interviews.
I did comes up with this theory pretty late at night, so I don't have a huge amount of hope for it.
Happy new year, and DFTBA!
love it
KekuleSalvador chapter 29 . 1/3
My phone's not letting me login. Anyway, I loved the proposal! Yes Ally! You go girl! I'm sure Vic will tease Xaviar about that.
can't wait for the next update, love Teddy and Vic and how Teddy is with Dom too