Reviews for Subsentio
Lilltomten chapter 13 . 12/21/2012
I love this story! It's so beautifully written, the way you use the language is almost magic. Now, I'll bury myself in your other stories and enjoy ;)
Taney chapter 13 . 6/5/2010
Incredible. This is the first Blaise/Hermione fic I've ever read, and I have to say you've opened my eyes to the pairing. I actually found myself sobbing while reading the last couple of chapters. Your writing is so poignant and flows beautifully. I feel like you captured the emotions well, and I thought your characterization was spot-on. So well done, and thanks! :)
Bronwen Zabini chapter 2 . 5/6/2010
Well done. I have read the whole story and found it realistic, well written and tear-jerking at the end.

The characters could have been more developed, and I can't pretend I was a bit disgusted about Snape and Hermione. He has such stigma still, I'm afraid. I liked the Slytherin point of view, and the fact that there wasn't much Ron and Harry bashing, but that Hermione realised that the House differences were too great.

I commend you. And would like to hear more!
Marly Sam chapter 13 . 11/12/2009
Thank you for the wonderful read. I love how you made Snape human and my heart ached for Blaise and Hermione.
celinae chapter 13 . 8/20/2009
This should have more reviews than it does. Because it's simply quite excellent-Hermione's grief is well-portrayed, and Snape is perfect (something so hard to find in fics!), and the relationship between Blaise and Hermione is so touching and sad.

The bit about the parchment... her leaving it behind and him answering... If I were the type to cry (and if I wasn't so tired xD;), I would have cried at that scene. God.

I didn't mourn Blaise all too much myself, but that's really more because with the way the story was going, he had to die, or something had to give...

Most authors portray Snape as a bastard, but I really like how you made him human. He's still a bastard, he still has faults (which you describe, though if you really wanted to make his characterization better maybe you should have put some bit about his irrational favoritism (because his favoritism of the Slytherin house in this fic isn't quite so irrational)), BUT (lol, tangents!1! XD) he also can understand Hermione. He knows, best of all, perhaps, about her relationship with Blaise and how things went wrong. Though I do hope that they have more going for them in their future relationship than the past.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for well-rounded, thought-out, well-written, fantastic, angsty fics like this. It's wonderful, in so many ways. It comes full-circle, with the prologue and epilogue, so nicely, and just the characterization and the reality of it... Lovely. :)
HomieGPoptart chapter 13 . 8/14/2009
Oh my gosh, I almost cried at Dumbledore's speech announcing Blaise's death. I loved the fic, there was such raw emotion and everything, it was good.
PromiseMeYouWontWasteIt chapter 4 . 7/24/2009
Possibly the only fanfic, which has really got to me. I love the Blaize / Hermione pairing, not too keen on the epilouge though. Guess I'm a sucker for a happily ever after...

I was just writing to congratulate you on a really great read, one of the few I will probably reread again and again.
Echeziel chapter 13 . 6/18/2009
Generally, when I read fanfiction, you read the author's writing and you think 'Oh, that's nice' or 'How sad' and move on

But Subsentio dragged me in, captured my thoughts. It was thought provoking, definitely; there should be more Blaise and Hermione in the world. It was touching, really; I like your writing style, too.

The Snape part was unexpected, and I was inwardly thinking 'Blase? BLAISE?' Of course not; he was dead. But it was lovely.

As for your...well, the end of Chapter 11, that was wonderful. It wasn't 'And they lived happily ever after', but it wasn't 'They all fell down and died', either.

I loved how you mixed reality in with fantasy. That's what Harry Potter basically is, but I mean...girlish dreams with harsh reality. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, thank you for writing this. I mean, it wouldn't have mattered either way, cuz...well, you know, but I'm grateful that you DID write it and I read it because...well...that's hard to describe too. It's just...you know when you read something that you really, really like on or fictionpress or SOMEWHERE and it kinda leaves you...happy that you took the time to read it?

That's kinda how I feel

Oh, and thank you for not making the characters OOC.

In your summary, you should write 'Warning: tugs at heartstrings'

Aw, well. Lovely job. Fantastic writing.

Sixteen million/one hundred?

I don't know. Subsentio was wonderful, in any case, and the prologue was absolutely PERFECT, hands down...or up. However that saying goes.
mae513 chapter 13 . 5/29/2009
This story made me smile, made me depressed and sad, but overall it made me think. You are an absolutely brilliant writer. Rarely do I feel any emotion when I read fanfiction but I was sucked right into the plot with this story. Can I say that it has been an honor reading this? Thank you.
goodbyelove18 chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
This was beautiful. Simply beautiful. I have no words other that that to describe how deeply moved I was by your writing.
lipasnape chapter 13 . 9/9/2008
You had me crying my eyes out. The story felt vaguely familiar, as if I'd read it before, but not enough to put me off reading it through. Glad to know there is more to read of this universe.
Megan Consoer chapter 13 . 6/13/2008
I really like this story a lot. Can you please write some more chapters?
dageek chapter 6 . 6/4/2008
I don't normally review people, but by the 6 chapters I've read from your story, I've come to the conclusion that you are, a genius.
MollysSister chapter 13 . 11/24/2007
Oh you mean heartless author I cried my eyes out when Blaise was murdered. I rarely cry. You broke through my candy coating! Its just so damn tragic and here I am getting teary eyed again writing this review!
MollysSister chapter 9 . 11/24/2007
While Hermione has learned all this info from Snape & Dumbledore Blaize remains in the dark? He thinks Hermione hates him and is suffering that heartbreak as well as the beatings of his house mates. Poor poor Blaize. I am worried he is going to get killed off :