Reviews for Codex - Sudden Contact & Sudden Supremacy
john777 chapter 21 . 11/16/2018
I hope you write more.
Brandon Storm chapter 11 . 10/12/2017
So that is what they were planning to do with the Asari eh? My, My, My. Mr. Raynor you have a tendency to over throw bad terran governments in favor of worst terran governments.
Brandon Storm chapter 3 . 9/30/2017
It's nothing against you, people just didn't realize that the two were related I suspect, I know that I look forward to reading a chapter about Council/Terran hybrid weapons.
Byakugan789 chapter 12 . 2/15/2017
Hmm... I would doubt that on the Asari side. Mass Effect Universe has extensive nanotechnology including nano-forges. On their freaking wrists.

Omnigel is described as a mix of ceramics, alloys and industrial grade polymers kept in a molten state at room temperature. Upon recieving signals from an omnitool, omnigel can be reconfigured to break down and assimilate most structures it rests on or flash forge new complex structures.

What does this sound like to you?

One of the things Omnigel is noted for being unable to create or destroy is hyper-dense materials such as futuristic support frames for skyscrapers, space ships and space stations, futuristic super-dense armor such as Silaris plate, and the stone around rich eezo deposits. All of these have to do with Eezo ME Fields crushing things to a ridiculous degree where the atoms are wedged out of their normal structures.

It's Nanites. I'm sure of it.
Byakugan789 chapter 8 . 2/1/2017
dry.
Byakugan789 chapter 7 . 2/1/2017
Holy shit. I'd write all sorts of things about the beauty of overkill, but those probably still gonna fall when the reaper fleet comes in. Soveriegn withstood something like a minute from the Protoss planet cracker. so... heh. Gonna be fun when he finally gets to the reaper invasion.
Byakugan789 chapter 6 . 2/1/2017
I was pretty sure all terran vessels had warp capability? They do in cinematic at least...Or were you referring to the BoT council ships?

The expense of Eezo, that's another thing I don't particularly agree with. Given the material's proposed generation method (nebula of exploded stars, areas around pulsar and black holes) there should be plenty of places for Terrans to mine it, and the council offers refining data in your basic first contact package, so even if they wanted to spit at humans here because of Mengsk, you should still be able to find the salient details by trawling the extranet. Given the Terrans were never shy about using AI drones or just spamming disposable workers into utterly insane conditions (fulsom) to mine resources, the lack of eezo in Terran space is mind boggling. SURELY they have at least one nebula they can spam it out of due to lack of concerns about personnel safety? High radiation zones are the main limiter for the council miners by canon.
Byakugan789 chapter 5 . 2/1/2017
Nice. Not sure I agree with your propulsion method or multiple organisms as one unit theory, the wiki says the bastards were essentially space whales modified by abathur, but it's certainly clever and works really well with how the Leviathan are essentially a complete zerg base.

If I'm not missremembering, most zerg space flight is done by Psionic Telekinesis with Vespine farting as precise maneuvering. The whole gravity thing is neat though. Very amusing propulsion method for a moon sized space whale and probably works better at such a ridiculous size than normal propulsion methods.

Captain shouldn't have been demoted, it sounds accurate.

Oooh, nice, I'd been hoping Liara would do something like this EARLIER. Given even her lackluster asari patriotism, I don't understand why AVTM left the Athena sector infested. If absolutely nothing else you'd have thought she could make use of the free already zerged biomass, never mind the adaptations that were created by the broods there.
Byakugan789 chapter 4 . 2/1/2017
TECHNICALLY...the council battleships are also driven by Fusion Torches, in most cases, though special frigates like the Normady and DN's are driven by Antimatter annihilation. The reason theyre so much faster isn't the drive core, but the Mass Effect telling reality that the ship is light as a fairy rather than the truth of it being a bear soaked in mud.

Really like the history on this one. Salarian Ingenuity, heh.
Byakugan789 chapter 3 . 2/1/2017
Huh, that's alot of creativity for the guns history. Mostly though I'm impressed with your detailing of how it works. Very nice.
Though, I don't think they could actually take down the Battlecruiser or Carrier without game mechanics. It'd take like, an entire regiment and the ship NOT moving.
Byakugan789 chapter 1 . 2/1/2017
This is amazingly detailed. I'm...sorta working on a starcraft story. If I get far enough, mind if I steal this? I'll cite you.
Stephen6089 chapter 1 . 1/10/2017
u now i want to see down final fantasy halo dead space metroid and mass effect be put to togeather
AmethystPone chapter 7 . 12/5/2016
Terran Behemoth-class battlecruisers are 2 leagues...Depend on the country, it could be 3.7km to ~11km.
AmethystPone chapter 6 . 12/5/2016
But...But...Terran Battlecruisers had Warp Jumped from atmosphere and to atmosphere repeately in the game!
AmethystPone chapter 4 . 12/5/2016
Terran seems to be losing the arm race in space...