Reviews for No More Talk of Darkness
eponnia chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Absolutely wonderful! And I am so glad someone else is writing Raoul/Christine!
MaryChapel chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
This was quite good. I love R/C-Erik is amazing but these two are meant for each other-and this was a wonderful window into their dwelling. Thank you for writing it!
TheTrulyBeautifulOne chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
Awwwwwwww! This is adorable, and very well-written, mind you. The scene of this piece is just romantic (and not in the mushy way). I ship Raoul and Christine so much. This writing is simply lovely.
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 1 . 1/12/2016
There are far too few R/C fics on this site... let alone work of this quality! This is a lovely concise little scene that establishes so much - its time and place in canon, mood, character, emotions, the identity of Guillaume - with such elegant simplicity. The whole 'escape to the frozen North' setting is evoked in the single phrase of "pinewood smoke and snow on the windowsill", for instance, like the double implication of "he can't breathe until he can see Christine" when seen after a reminder of Raoul's near-drowning. The very repetitions work to establish the singing rhythm of the prose: "slow and careful"/"how careful she is", "that world is not theirs"/"this is their world"

Just one quiet moment in a world safe at last from the outside; firelight for darkness, a child's lullaby for "Faust", wooden walls for marble, smiles in place of tears in an armchair by the hearth. It's about as short as a story can get, but there's a whole implied history of suffering and reconciliation with the past. And it is, very definitely, the past; there is no angst here and no regret - they have found the happiness of which Leroux assured us.

I think there were a couple of typos, though: "loathe though he is to admit that" must surely be "loth" (reluctant) rather than "loathe" (to detest), and the final phrase "nothing more that either of them could ever want.t." has what is clearly an editing error at the end of it... The only word choice that struck me as slightly odd in this little jewel of a piece was the description of Christine's eyes as "glistening" at the child: I understand that you meant to evoke the firelight's reflection, but for me this usage automatically implies either eyes full of tears or else a covetous expression, both of which are somewhat distracting in this context :-(

I've added "No More Talk of Darkness" to my C2 community archive of Raoul-friendly stories on FFnet - thank you for writing it!
emeraldphan chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
This was lovely. I loved the quiet peace of their lives after all the drama and danger they went through together at the Opera House. They have remembered their experiences, of course, but it hasn't scarred them emotionally or ruined their love for each other. A nice little piece.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2015
Really beautiful. Not enough RC around here. Hope you write more soon!
Not A Ghost3 chapter 1 . 12/25/2015