Reviews for The Controversy
BMS chapter 1 . 9/15
Silly piece but I can see Ron not really noticing to tell you the truth.
langeline chapter 1 . 9/11
Netflix some character controversy...same-is?
Fugacity7 chapter 1 . 8/8
Loved your snark about the race change for Hermione.
Yes - they changed it for the play. Let's acknowledge that. JKR's trying to gloss it over just looks silly.
Does it really matter? NO
It's all fiction anyway.
Noma is well recognized as a great actress and deserved the part.
It's JKR's property anyway and if she wants to retcon Hermione, she has the right to do so. It's not like no other fictional character has ever been retconned and we went along with it (look to Marvel and DC comics if you need a quick refresher on the art of retconning major characters).

All in all I found your way treating it quite funny!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2017
Yeah, I'm wondering how nobody noticed that Rowling is Black, just like her self-insert.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2017
Whypipo
a.vago chapter 1 . 5/18/2017
Thanks! This was put elegantly ...
Let Us see, if the pen is greater, than the sword...
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2017
"Chudley Canons." Cannons
"Canon's standings" Cannons'
"that Ms Watson." than
KarisTasogare chapter 1 . 2/2/2017
slightly amusing note;
if my wife is any example, odds are Hermione was a half caste (one parent white, one black).
if so then both casting choices are wrong. but then they all but threw out thjen charcter description after the first movie, so I doubt anyone cared all that much about how JKR pictured her.
mrwarpington chapter 1 . 1/29/2017
I agree with your rant, well most of it at least. I haven't seen Cursed Child. However, about 87% of The United Kingdom is at least partially (if not mostly) caucasian as of 2011 so it doesn't make much sense character wise for a Britain-born girl/woman to be black.
ironhair chapter 1 . 12/14/2016
1 if I didnt say this earlier
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
Exactly right!
Nytefyre chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
OK, I evidently missed the news about casting, but love this tongue in cheek admonishment.

Thanks for writing and sharing.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
You did very well here.
Lol, at " I just figured that it was just something Muggleborn witches do."

Paleness is relative, so I guess she doesn't have to be white. I pictured her as non-white until Ms. Watson came on the scene.

I remember thinking that none of them really looked like how I imagined , but that I was lucky that they got as close as they did. I kinda hate the Moody they picked for the film. I imagined him as very lean(and wily, i guess?) I gave a pass for Dumbledore 2, because even though they have him skinny in the books, he could have grown a gut from being out of practice.

Hagrid was okay, but they got his size wrong, and Maxine was horrific, imo. I could go on for hours.

Turning Hermione black is fair game, but I want permanently wind-tousled hair for Harry, and a long nosed Ron, dammit!
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Good outlook, sensible, reasonable and probably hated by the sjws.
Elvendork Black chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
There will always be people who discriminate other people for some difference, regardless if major, minor, perceived or imaginary. Perhaps I'm committing a blasphemy when I say that I've only read books and didn't watch movies at all (I'm pretty new when it comes to Harry Potter), but from what I've seen of Emma Watson, she didn't look anywhere near what I've imagined Hermione Granger to look. But I digress. Nice oneshot, though.