Reviews for The Controversy
Yeah, I'm wondering how nobody noticed that Rowling is Black, just like her self-insert.
Whypipo
a.vago chapter 1 . 5/18
Thanks! This was put elegantly ...
Let Us see, if the pen is greater, than the sword...
"Chudley Canons." Cannons
"Canon's standings" Cannons'
"that Ms Watson." than
KarisTasogare chapter 1 . 2/2
slightly amusing note;
if my wife is any example, odds are Hermione was a half caste (one parent white, one black).
if so then both casting choices are wrong. but then they all but threw out thjen charcter description after the first movie, so I doubt anyone cared all that much about how JKR pictured her.
mrwarpington chapter 1 . 1/29
I agree with your rant, well most of it at least. I haven't seen Cursed Child. However, about 87% of The United Kingdom is at least partially (if not mostly) caucasian as of 2011 so it doesn't make much sense character wise for a Britain-born girl/woman to be black.
ironhair chapter 1 . 12/14/2016
1 if I didnt say this earlier
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
Exactly right!
Nytefyre chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
OK, I evidently missed the news about casting, but love this tongue in cheek admonishment.

Thanks for writing and sharing.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
You did very well here.
Lol, at " I just figured that it was just something Muggleborn witches do."

Paleness is relative, so I guess she doesn't have to be white. I pictured her as non-white until Ms. Watson came on the scene.

I remember thinking that none of them really looked like how I imagined , but that I was lucky that they got as close as they did. I kinda hate the Moody they picked for the film. I imagined him as very lean(and wily, i guess?) I gave a pass for Dumbledore 2, because even though they have him skinny in the books, he could have grown a gut from being out of practice.

Hagrid was okay, but they got his size wrong, and Maxine was horrific, imo. I could go on for hours.

Turning Hermione black is fair game, but I want permanently wind-tousled hair for Harry, and a long nosed Ron, dammit!
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Good outlook, sensible, reasonable and probably hated by the sjws.
Elvendork Black chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
There will always be people who discriminate other people for some difference, regardless if major, minor, perceived or imaginary. Perhaps I'm committing a blasphemy when I say that I've only read books and didn't watch movies at all (I'm pretty new when it comes to Harry Potter), but from what I've seen of Emma Watson, she didn't look anywhere near what I've imagined Hermione Granger to look. But I digress. Nice oneshot, though.
R. Howard Lawrence chapter 1 . 2/27/2016
Unlike others who argued incessantly with me and that I was forced to admit defeat to when Emma Watson was cast in the first film; I had always pictured Hermione as mixed raced when I read the books to my grandchildren, her personality and I admit scant descriptions sort of gave me the leeway to imagine her as such.

Sort of the child of The Doctor and Martha Jones with her intellect and ambition

RHL
Midnight Angels chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
Welcome to life in the 21st century, where "reality" is what people WANT it to be, and not what it is.

100% guarantee that if they cast a white girl to Angelina, or Dean the howls would be heard from orbit.
OogaBooga1234 chapter 1 . 2/22/2016
Hear hear! Well said my dear writer :) I completely agree with everything you said in this little one shot and authors note.