Reviews for Contractual Invalidation
Great. Loved it.
LongPastMidnight chapter 7 . 9/22
wow. just... wow
Sorceress of Magic chapter 7 . 9/16
Wow that was a ride lol :)
FotoDi chapter 7 . 9/3
Great story! Well paced. Good dialogue, interesting & original plot twists. Bravo!

1Question: Since the Greengrasses signed the Contract with James & Lily Potter, how did the “iron- clad” Contract seemingly fall into obscurity? Why wasn’t and. Greengrass magically compelled to inform Harry Potter on his 18th Bday? Even Daphne has long known about the Contract! (Cursing James Potter repeatedly because she had not only to keep her body to his “dream” proportions, but also having to avoid (and worrying about) “disfiguring” herself.

Were the Greengrasses waiting in the proverbial ‘wings’ hoping that Harry Potter would get killed either by Voldemort & his Deatheaters or during his early career as an Auror, thus voiding the Contract? As far as the Greengrass Family knew, the famous Potter Mining & Shipping assets had been destroyed, stolen, or obscured along with the centuries old symbol of the Potter family wealth, power, and permanence — Potter Manor.

The Goblins can be forgiven “losing track” of the Contract after the War... I can’t imagine that Harry Potter would be penalized (by Magic or Laws) because he really did not know about the Contract.

How do the Greengrasses explain (1) not using the Betrothal contract to force Dumbledore & the Ministry to give them custody of orphaned Boy-Who-Lived back in 1981/2? Mr. Greengrass would have been his legal guardian & proxy and could have tried to save/revive much of the decimated Potter Financial empire. (2) The Greengrasses could have intervened when Harry Potter was coerced into the TriWizard Tournament in 1994/5. (3) The Greengrasses must have known Sirius Black to be Harry’s magical Godfather. Moreover, if the Potters were close enough friends with the Greengrasses in 1980-81 to negotiate a Betrothal Contract, then the Greengrasses had to know their close friends. The Greengrasses arguably knew Pettigrew was the Potter’s Secret Keeper. Why did the Greengrasses not speak up for the infamous pureblood Black Family scion when Sirius was pilloried as a “vicious Deatheater” & “Voldemort’s Right Hand”. Why didn’t they demand a trial for their pureblood peer Sirius Black? (4) Why didn’t Sirius or Remus tell Harry about his contracted future with Daphne Greengrass? (5) Wouldn’t The Greengrasses have been tempted to contact Harry sooner, especially when it became known that Harry Potter inherited the entire Black Estate. The financial potential of the Black Family wealth, Business contracts, alliances, blackmail materials, let alone their vast assets would have been very alluring to businessman Greengrass. Why stay silent? (6) Years after Voldemort’s final defeat, why would Daphne and her parents still remain silently watching the front page Love Life & dangerous antics of the Man-Who-Conquered? What contractual punishments & fines could have happened if Harry had married Ginevra Weasley?!

I am merely curious...
NoTagBacks chapter 3 . 8/29
Regarding not having to speak French:
"Thank magic for small mercies."
That is either a horrible pun, or a tremendously good one.
Super impressive work.
burriew chapter 7 . 8/9
Great story! Plot itself wasn't extraordinary with no plot twist but your writing carried the story.
Like It chapter 3 . 8/8
There is one thing that confuses me about your fic. To Daphne, it seems Harry's feat of defeating Voldemort is.. unimpressive?
I'm not saying she should be a fanboy, but I'd expect her to act at least cautious when meeting Harry. I'd be intimidated when meeting someone who defeated a monster so terrifying that a whole nation was afraid to speak its name, for decades. And I believe Daphne would've seen the final showdown at Hogwarts where Harry mocked Voldemort and blasted him away.
So yeah.. Daphne acting like she'd been obliviated to forget about how terrifying Voldemort was and who defeated him is distracting. She could still be a femme fatale figure while at the same time acknowledging Harry's feat.
Other than that this is one of the well written fanfics I've read and I am excited to see where it leads to.
Aoi Shinkaze chapter 7 . 8/7
Masterfully crafted, I truly enjoyed reading this, thank you!
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 7 . 7/30
This is a well-conceived, cohesive, thoughtful, imaginative, well-crafted short story. The characters are utterly believable, imperfect and, at times, flawed beyond redemption.
The author manages to, however, draw them back from the brink though redemption is held just beyond their grasp.
Walk. Nay! Run, gentle reader. Come and read this tightly-woven tale.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 7 . 7/13
That was a delightful read. I really enjoyed your characters- Harry was slightly ooc, but holy shit did I love your characterization of him anyways. Dsphne was good, too. Enjoyable, but I wasn't as impressed with her.

Overall, this was really well written. Thank you very much for writing it.
spiritofyuva chapter 7 . 7/6
Excellent. Excellent. Just excellent. I only you wish you retained a bit more of the canon Harry in this. Turned out a bit more manipulative, and cunning than expected; without a character changing event/growth or AU twist to justify it.
slytherinsal chapter 2 . 7/5
he drinks red wine with chicken? barbarian! pleb! no woman should be made to marry a man who can't make appropriate wine choices.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 7/5
Marrying a woman who slaps those she sees as underlings is a mistake
Cwhit930 chapter 7 . 7/3