Reviews for Anomalistic
SleepinBeautyK chapter 1 . 7/8/2020
This would’ve been a great one to have like a one shot of later on. Like how they are doing now after they have been telling people. What has changed?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2017
I like how Soul just, goes with it.
tilliquoi chapter 1 . 5/2/2016
okay so. as my semester started and my classes got crazy busy and hard, i fell outta reading resbang stuff. but i found this recently and decided to read it since i finally have a bit of free time
and i just
wow this is so good? ? i can't believe i missed it! i loved the way you introduced the story. it was a great way for me to get hooked on it immediately, and the story was really cute and non-traditional (i mean, usually you'd picture soul as the werewolf from the beginning and maka as the newcomer, on account of his appearance) and i really love that. i had fun reading this so A work friend. this was adorable.
SilverGhostKitsune chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
loved this!
DollyPop12 chapter 1 . 3/4/2016
Daaaaaamn Livi, this was a hell of a fic! Maka and Soul's relationship bloomed right in front of my eyes and the fight scenes were gorgeously written. You obviously have a firm grasp on their characters, and this AU was incredibly well done. Werewolves always run the risk of falling into cliche, but I found that this fic took the lore and twisted it, focusing the story more on the tension between Asura's pack and Maka's, and narrowed on Soul and Maka's interactions. It was incredible to see the scene where Soul saw Maka in the body of a wild animal and just KNEW her, because he knows this girl. I waited until the very end of the fic for that kiss and it was well worth it! Thank you for this lovely resbang!
Rogha chapter 1 . 1/27/2016
I like that this switched up the whole 'Soul is a strange and magical creature and Maka is but a lowly human' dynamic that is very common in the fandom, while the canon does lend itself to that, it's really refreshing to see the opposite and also I love all that wasted worry when it turned out that they were all just harmless pups.
I love harmless pups.
I also love bad guys getting their butts whupped so overall, this fic please me greatly in regards both those aspects. Also there was a lot of smooches and I heartily approve of that creative choice. Keep it up, champ.
Marsh of Sleep chapter 1 . 1/24/2016
Cute moments in a werewolf setting with interesting concepts I've never seen before! Maka feels true to character, and so does Soul most of the time- it was kind of hard to get a read on him sometimes, for me, though when it switches to his perspective he feels more familiar.

Stein's first line simply being 'Interesting' cracked me up, ngl. This is a Stein I love, who skips the pleasantries. I wonder how they managed to get all his equipment to the middle of the forest, haha

How is it that we both ended up writing a story involving wolves and shoving something violently down a cannibal's throat? rofl go team

A few grammatical/typographical errors, but not so many to be distracting. There was a time discrepancy, but justifiably mentioned it already, I think. I also agree on the amount of info via dialogue, which isn't inherently bad but in this instance it left me wanting for more time to ruminate on one fact or another- this had juuust enough of it that it gives a bit of a rushed feeling. I think it would have been unnoticeable if the rest of the story were a bit more drawn out, perhaps? Between trying to balance the two plots (i guess?) of the conflict with Asura's group and also of Soul and Maka's developing relationship, both stories seemed to be kind of truncated at the expense of the other.

Overall, a cool fic! I have a lot of questions about the universe, and I'm hoping you will someday write the end of the conflict between packs and between the werewolves and humanity! Thanks for writing, as always, Livi!
Justifiably chapter 1 . 1/5/2016
I’m settling down to read this to destress because it’s already been recommended as being really cute, plus I’ve been excited for a supernatural AU where Soul isn’t the shapeshifting mermaid/dragon/vampire, and having Maka be a super extra huge werewolf is just fantastic. For a bit, Stein’s characterization felt a little flat, and then you put in that “some people would suggest that the most responsible thing we could do is kill you before you tell anyone.” and it felt like the perfect mix of congenial and sinister for him. The pillow talk and Soul awkwardly giving Maka his number while pretending like he doesn’t really care i t, as is the way that Maka is able to feel some camaraderie towards him based on his, animalistic, anomalistic, appearance.

I always appreciate exposition being put into dialogue, rather than in a block of explanation, but in the conversation between them the first time they meet after the initial encounter still felt like a lot of information in one place, like it could have been spread out between multiple conversations, though in context it makes sense so it’s not a huge deal.

Soul compromising his sleep schedule to hang out with Maka was definitely a highlight among a myriad of spot on characterization moments, as I would expect from you. A little continuity error I just noticed, since I’m reading it all in one go, is that you say two months pass, but then a few paragraphs later, Soul is thinking about Maka and that they met a month ago, which seems the more likely of the two since we see his first reaction to her transformation, it seems to go back and forth a couple times actually so if there was one thing to possibly fix, that would be it.
The little confession scene and first kiss was just the kind of fluff I needed to heal my troubled heart, but then having Giriko step in keeps up the suspense in the best way. I loved the whole slow realization Soul goes through about Giriko being a werewolf too.

I was trying to take notes throughout the whole fic but honestly from that section forward I was pretty stuck in the moment, so I guess that’s just a mark of engaging writing. All in all, I really enjoyed the plot, the conflict, the ending, all of it.
makapedia chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
AHHH this was cute. I'm so pleased.

You really get the characters at their core and that's what makes your fics so fun to read. And the fluff. ahhhH Maka hating jumpscares is so cute (me too, Maka, me too).

I don't typically gravitate toward werewolf aus, if just because I am as burnt out with them as I am with vampire AUs, but this is really well done and hits all the topics that usually make me iffy on the subject.

I'm going to be laughing about Maka bringing Soul a deer leg for a week now
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
Sooo good! s2
Hey, if you do more it's going to be PERFECT!
XD
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
Ahh this is really good! I love the idea and it was so well-written. Werewolf Maka is my new favorite thing... Awesome fic!