Reviews for Even On the Light Side of the Moon
C.C.Howell chapter 1 . 8/11
Loved it. Well done.
thereceiv3r chapter 1 . 7/17
Even though it's a 'dark' fic, it was at most funny and sweet. I like Orihime as a strong character and her master-servant relationship with Ulquiorra - it suits her better.
Anon chapter 1 . 4/7
Now, this was a very interestin fic.
Jack Hilliver chapter 1 . 3/26
Re-read it. Again. Let me reiterate: Favourite piece of literature ever. Bar none. An amazing piece of work that holds a lot more depth and meaning than the word-total would insinuate.

The character that is Orihime Inoue is portrayed as... human? A full, rounded human with strength and a will and determination. A far cry from Tite Kubo's "MC Love Interest" gimmick. Her characterisation though, still carries the essence that is Orihime. Reading her dialogue and mannerisms, it is clearly 'her'.

Then you did this to Ulquiorra as well. And I was, for lack of a better term, lost to the sea of charm that this story has. He is not just the 'Emospada'... he's a force of nature and affects those around him in tangible ways. I find it amusing that my top favourite piece of writing has no actual descriptive fighting in it, despite my interest and trends.

There are no real highlights to this fic. It fulfills some deep set desire within me, showing me words and feelings and ideas that I apparently need to read... but if I had to choose? If I had to pluck a random scene from this fic besides the ending where it all comes smashing together?

I'd have to go with Orihime's chat with Starrk. That scene, that small little scene hit me hard. Really hard. I found it so, so Orihime, and with a character that I love more than I should, the dialogue just seemed... right. Deep and auspicious and culminating in something that I think describes her so well... it sets a massively high standard for other writers and I loved it.

The way she influences the Espada is a viewpoint I think not many consider plausible. Surely she would be the one affected, not them? And with the eccentricity and shock factor of my own personality, I can attest to the fact that many... adopt to the erratic nature. Orihime would probably influence them more than any other of Ichigo's group ever would.

The day in the life intermingling with plot heavy scenes brings a jarring, surreal feel to it all. The mural brings about a sense of normality that, in context, is anything but normal. Its a human girl painting flowers because that's what normal girls are want to do on occasion.
In a warzone.
While captured.
Using the 'enemies' soldiers as go-betweens.

It made me smile.

I am very, very aware of the status of this piece of work. A completed oneshot. A short vignette showcasing a universe of "what could have been"... It saddens me greatly, this status. Never doubt my respect for an author's wishes to leave a story lie, but in my humble opinion? This could do with a sequel. Not a massive, 22k beast like this one, but a sweet, maybe angsty day in the life drabble of maybe Starrk prodding at the seemingly lack of "Antfarm walls"... or Nnoitra bugging Orihime for more jokes... maybe Orihime could stumble in on Tia and Co. in what can be surmised as a 'Compromising Situation' as she hands out missions and jobs... Orihime hundreds of years after, the bright, bubbly thing she is, dealing with clueless Shinigami unawares of her status as ruler of a caste of Hollows with power to potentially overthrow the Sereitei...

I digress.

Know that you have affected a reader beyond the scope of a simple "ow, amazing, moar plz" and into the realm of deep, life changing thoughts. (Not that its all that 'life changing') Feel proud of this work. Know that it inspires others to write and Do.

Maybe let me know with a PM if this is dead and buried, open ended for the chance of maybe picking up on it, or open for someone attempting a sequel... or fanfic of fanfic. O.o

Keep mashin' keyboard.
kerapal bubbles chapter 1 . 3/22
Hell YES. Man, Orihime's character could be a case study in 'wasted potential'. This is how it should have been. Or at least something like this. This story made me really happy. Thank you!
catidd13 chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
I don't review often but this was EXCELLENT. Hands down probably my favorite Bleach fanfic I've ever read. Orihime is one of my least favorite characters in the anime but you made her so strong and adaptable and I just loved it, and you didn't necessarily change the espada's personalities just put them in a light that made them all so easily likable. I loved this thank you so much for sharing!
Uruwashii Inochi chapter 1 . 10/2/2016
I love that you portrayed Orihime as a strong woman who grew up. I always felt that if she got over Ichigo, she'd be more like this; still goofy, but more mature.

Extremely well done. Loved every word of this.
Lil'Conqueror chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
Okay, when I saw there was "tragedy" in the Genre part, I was a little worried. But I'm SO glad I gave this story a chance because I loved it more than words can describe! So good! If you ever thought of making a part 2, I think everyone would love to see how Orihime's rule over Hueco Mundo! If not, still a great oneshot! :)
TheLoverOfLit chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
OMG. More please!
Mrs.Blackthourne chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
That was amazing, honestly. This was one of the best stories I've read and it felt like a novel. Congratulations, and thank you for writing thus masterpiece.
nightscream452 chapter 1 . 5/15/2016
ok fun read!
Phoenyx634 chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
I love this story so much! Why doesn't it have more reviews? I totally love Orihime's character in this! Ugh anime is so annoying when they make the females act so pathetic. They're actually not usually weak - like Sakura in Naruto, for example, but the way they act is to give the main dude a reason to fight and protect them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a badass woman who knows what she wants!
I can totally see Ulquiorra becoming like her personal demon-butler-boyfriend, too. :D!
Awesome Orihime for president!
157yrs chapter 1 . 3/19/2016
Wow I don't know if I should be in awe or highly disturbed by this story. You have an amazing talent as a writer. I am thoroughly impressed. I can't help but feel that not only was Orihime brainwashed? lied to? adapted? whatever you want to call it - I think the Arrancar were too. Both parties changed over the three year span. Orihime coming out as queen during Las Noches end game is a possibility I never thought of before. Her relationship with Ulquiorra is strange to say the least but I love the idea of her being the
dominant one in the relationship is really refreshing. I really really liked this story. It will stay in my mind for a long time.
BrilliantlyReckless chapter 1 . 2/9/2016
OMG. This story is so good that I freaking LOVE it. I've been searching for a fic lately that shows Orihime as a strong person and this fits the description perfectly. Fanfics mostly show Orihime as a weak girl who needs saving, but this one is totally different. Pls do write more stories like this. :x
Jaxmyne chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
HOLY SHIT. Just, holy shit, this story was beautiful! I can't describe how much I love it; all of it was amazing! Let me just bask in its gloriousness.