Reviews for The Making of a Ringbearer I: Adrift
Amidst Hobbits chapter 13 . 1/29/2014
Very well done! loved your fic! :)
Amidst Hobbits chapter 11 . 1/29/2014
Love how respectable and kind your Esmerelda and Saradoc are. :)
Amidst Hobbits chapter 10 . 1/29/2014
Merry is so precious! :)
Amidst Hobbits chapter 5 . 1/28/2014
Awww baby Meriadoc! Yes, fine friends indeed! :D
Amidst Hobbits chapter 4 . 1/28/2014
Awww cute little Frodo! Such a charmer! :) Waiting up for Bilbo? So cute! :)
Amidst Hobbits chapter 3 . 1/28/2014
Awww Aunt Esme is being wonderful. What a good cousin-aunt. :)
SuperheroGeek13 chapter 13 . 10/19/2012
I told myself that I wasn't going to review this until the very end and that turned out to be so hard because I loved each chapter!

The start of the story was so somber and you did a great job of capturing the sense of loneliness that Brandy Hall offered. Frodo being a perfect gentleman despite his cousin Bolo's actions was quite refreshing. All too often characters become very vindictive of that sort of behavior.

And Bilbo's visit coupled with Merry's birth were so very true to life. Frodo's surprise at his new cousin and Bilbo taking him to see the child, all so warm and fuzzy as it should be.

And then the adventure in the forest with Bolo, the big folk, and wargs! Oh my! I was on the edge of my seat as those chapters were unfolding. I totally believe that a warg hunt is plausible for that trio.
Frodo's parting words to Legolas made me smile. Frodo, elf friend at even a very young age!

And I'm not ashamed to say I cried real tears when Bilbo asked Frodo if he was ever sad. And his reply nearly let loose a sob. Such a sweet and heart wrenching moment!
I knew little Merry would be upset about losing his favorite cousin, but he was just so adorable that I could be sad for his talk with Bilbo. That man honestly doesn't think he's that great with kids? I don't know anyone that could explain something that perfectly to a kid! That was an all around brilliant scene.

One finale note: Your inner narration for Frodo and his crazy imagination was perfect. He was every bit the kind and adventurous hobbit that I know and love. Thanks for putting so much work into such a great story.
ZeDancingHobbit chapter 14 . 3/5/2012
*honk sniff sniff*

...Gosh, where dis all this dust come from, all of a sudden?
pipsqueak12 chapter 10 . 11/18/2011
i havent gotten to the end yet but so far its an awesome cute story! also im not sure but do you bring sam into the story?as i said i havent gotten to the end yet but lil merry is SO ADORABLE! keep up the good work!
idreamof chapter 9 . 2/28/2011
loooving this

I feel like I've probably read it before, years ago, because the title seemed familiar, but I'm going through it now (again?) and it's absolutely brilliant. I love young Frodo fics.

I lol'd at the Pyrimidine though. Does she have a sister named Purine?
Zelda12343 chapter 14 . 11/1/2010
Oh my gosh! This is a truly FANTASTIC story!

I've only recently been reading it, but still.

Besides that, great job and I look forward to reading Anchored and later Aweigh.
emmerlii chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
I really liked this story. It's funny, I actually started to read Anchored and then I found Adrift so I was like "I suppose I should read the first story and then continue with the second"

Great job on the story and what I have read so far of Anchored.

xx Emmerlii
Shaitanah chapter 13 . 4/2/2008
I should say that I rarely read LOTR fanfiction because in my mind LOTR and fanfics don’t exactly match. But that makes me even happier to have discovered your amazing story. I absolutely love the flow of it and your style, simple, yet smooth and somewhat Tolkien-like. I think it does make a fine prequel to LOTR.

I absolutely loved your characterization of Frodo and the process of his growing up. Frodo and Bolo interaction remind me somewhat of Harry and Dudley from HP) It was cute and funny, though I generally loathe such kids as Bolo in real life. And we got to see Aragorn and the Elves! That part came unexpected, and I enjoyed it very much.

And also, thank you for the hobbits’ ages system) Me and Maths aren’t on friendly terms at all, LOL!

And now I’m going to go on reading your other story! XDD
Freawaru chapter 12 . 12/19/2007
"Beef Stew Ladle, and its smaller brother over yonder, the Gravy Ladle." haha! that made me laugh! what a perfect hobbit type name!

And the end of the chapter made me tear up! (And I don't often do that.)
Nikikeya chapter 14 . 11/17/2007
:drouls: Soo bored... XDXD Not I usually make a point in reading Author notes (Especially the ones that take up whole chapters.)

X3 :) ;o