Reviews for The Price Of Being An Elf
Sureves96 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Awesome idea! It's a shame that there aren't more good story's like that :( this piece is very well written, it makes me wish for more :) ! Also, I hope to read from you soon - you are really talented :3
CageslothSchmiiidt chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Read this while listening to Silent Hill's Music Box...

It makes sense that there'd be something pretty horrific behind the pretty face of an elf... After all, if they had been kept true to the real traditional myths of elves, they'd be as creepy as Gollum. Worse maybe.
nscangal chapter 2 . 5/29/2005
I've read some that said the price for Elves is lack of creativity and passion. Elves have magic and immortality, but humans can create and dream. Another one I read (by Mercedes Lackey) said the Elves paid the price for their immortality by giving up their part in the Great Magics of their world.

Anyway, your idea is interesting. I've never come across one like it, although I have seen many "moral vampire" fics.

One question: Did you mean to switch from third person to first person between the two chapters? I found it a bit confusing.
exiledelf2580 chapter 2 . 5/23/2005
GOOD! I love elves (all types except fairies, and that is not the slang term) and vampires, and both of them - yay!
cookie chapter 2 . 9/28/2004
Great story, very well written!
crystal-rose15 chapter 2 . 8/16/2004
A very interesting perspective on Elves. I like it. This was *very* well written. In most stories like this, the idea is completely absurd but the way you wrote this, i seemed like a perfectly logical and true thing. Wonderful storytelling.

Crystal-Rose
sleepypuss chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
scared, scared, not right...
LadyJanelly chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Interesting. But then I"m a fan of most Dark Legolas pieces.
KnowInsight chapter 2 . 1/3/2004
interesting perpective
LostandAlone chapter 2 . 11/23/2003
Col! Right, anyways cool fic.
blueskydancers chapter 2 . 10/14/2003
Sorry that I have only just found these chapters - it's an interesting idea, elves and vampires. I can see the similarity and only wish the idea had occured to me.

Do you have any intention of writing any more of these chapters? I hope so - there must be more parts of the books that would be suitable. How about setting a chapter in the Mines of Moria - how would Gimli react to discovering Legolas' true nature?

Plot bunnies? Oh I wouldn't dare do that :)
Karina of Darkness chapter 2 . 8/2/2003
That's just COOL. I love the writing style, and idea is awesome. Keep going. Fav!
Ember Stryder chapter 2 . 7/27/2003
very good,I like vampire fics!

So,Aragorn knows what Legolas does?

hm

I wonder,can they make others like themselves,blood suckers,like vapires can?
technetium chapter 2 . 7/13/2003
Wow. You know, I'd actually like to see more of this.
technetium chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
Vampire elves? That's a new one. Creepy & creative.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »