Reviews for Behind Blue Eyes
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Another outstanding story written by you. I like songfics that are well-written, have an actual story for the song to accompany, and do not follow the lyrics to the dot, so that means I especially like yours.

This is the perfect song to place with Android 18. She's definately a complicated character, that being said I think you did an excellent job portraying her in this story. Knowing about her past I can understand why she is confused about her emotions and why she feels she can't truly trust Krillin. The gradual build up to where she pours her heart out to Krillin is well paced and full of angst. I can feel the struggle she's going through.

The scene with Gohan is well placed. I find it ironic that she leaves to be alone out in the wilderness and ends up running into one of her ex-enemies. I can see 18 warming up to Gohan, but I like that you ultimately have her shield her emotions from him. Not only does it make the climatic scene more intense, but it adds to her character. While on the subject of Gohan, I like that you mention Chichi's pregnancy, as it was never mentioned in the Cell Saga then all of a sudden Goten shows up in the next one.

Since the romance between Krillin and 18 was pretty much removed from the show I think this is a nice insert of what could have possibly happened. I have to hand it to Krillin, he really is trying with her. I like that he finally has enough after the way she treats him in the coffee shop and she has to earn back his trust. It's a very human moment for her.

Another thing I have to mention is the irony at the beginning of the story. The many times you write the word "kill" as it is associated with 18 then how you contrast it with the fact that she never killed anyone is a nice effect. As I mentioned before, splendid work with her character.

This is the most original and interesting Krillin/18 fic I've ever read. Fantastic work with this story.
ViciousFilly chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
I think that was a very well written song fic. I might have noticed a typo in there, but then I'm not any type of judge. Can't say as I've run across a fic that deals with 18 or here awakening emotions so far. Very Cool.
Acey chapter 1 . 5/23/2003
WAH! I thought I was the only living human (I think- people say I walk around like a robot) who connected that song with the androids! ACCK! Ahem. Well, actually, I connected it with Android Seventeen. I'm even putting up a shrine with that song as the title, someday.

Good story.

Sincerely,

Acey
sic1 chapter 1 . 1/24/2003
That was great. Not only do you have a good taste in music but you're a decent writer too. I here by grant you permission to write another fan fic. Fernando the physically challenged donkey trainer has spoken.

Stay (sic)
Dark Wolf AG chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Now I may not have ever heard the song or know a damn thing about Buffy, but I know a good fic when I read one! Well done my dear, you continue to impress with your growing skills as a writer. In fact I had something for my fic that was a song-fic and I wasn't sure if I was going to use it or not, but your show that song fics are good just made me give it the green light! Again good job Poetess!
JaneRain chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
I almost didn't read this because I don't like Buffy. I'm glad I looked past where you got the song from. This is one of the best fics I've read in a while. I really identified with 18.
Zany Enchantress chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
i really enjoyed reading this!

keep it up!
Doggydude chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
Aww that was so beatiful *cry*