Reviews for A Rare Camaraderie
Loved the chap
Great work
You gotta love Peggy
Kirsten chapter 19 . 8/10
I feared the last chapter might be this... This was very beautiful and the portrayal of Peggy's courage and emotion and humanity was so very moving. That passing on the shield moment was beautiful. What a wonderful anthology you've written here - I am going post-haste to discover 'Within the Legacy'! ;)
Kirsten chapter 18 . 8/10
How beautifully, poignantly, awfully sad. :) Just like 'In Flanders Fields'...
Kirsten chapter 17 . 8/10
Argh, this one was so bittersweet! I would describe it as lightly evocative, heart-breaking and lead-heavy to begin with, ending on a flutteringly light upswing... While those of us who know the story have a sense of dread. Beautifully, beautifully done... This was so poignant. You wrote it extremely well and conveyed the emotions perfectly.
Kirsten chapter 16 . 8/10
I loved mischievous Peggy and caught-in-the-headlights Steve! ;) Wonderful, again!
Kirsten chapter 15 . 8/10
I love how you portray Bucky in all his selflessly discreet efforts to give Steve time with Peggy... And his merciless teasing! The association of the adverb 'gleefully' with him is wonderful and works beautifully. ;) This was another really heart-warming chapter... I must say, if readers spend their time reading this, it's because of the superior quality of the writing! Thank you!
Kirsten chapter 14 . 8/10
Plucky Peggy and 'fool-kid' Steve... Wonderful. ;) I love your writing and that you reference your research!
Kirsten chapter 13 . 8/10
Uplifting and very moving, not to mention as beautifully written as ever!
Kirsten chapter 12 . 8/10
Just wonderful. What a touchingly accurate portrayal of Bucky and Steve's friendship! Plus, you are awesome at endings!
Kirsten chapter 11 . 8/10
Brilliant!
Kirsten chapter 10 . 8/10
Wow, what a chapter! These are so very good! I love the information you provide as well - it's fascinating!
Kirsten chapter 9 . 8/10
Poor Steve! :-D You achieved that mix of emotions again - hilarity and tension and fondness! ;)
Kirsten chapter 8 . 8/10
I loved this so much! Bucky's confusion at the two Steves and Steve's patience were so funny, and such a cause for concern, too! You seem extremely adept at touching upon several different notes, bringing the comedy out of tragedy and the tragedy out of comedy in an ingenious depiction of real life. In a nutshell, you have quite a knack for writing! :-D
Kirsten chapter 7 . 8/10
You struck the perfect chord for this chapter. Comedy with Bucky's antics in the wings and Steve's hesitation and nervousness, tragedy with the blow for Peggy, a feeling of warmth with the resolution and the beauty of your word-weaving.