Reviews for A Rare Camaraderie
steverogersandpeggycarter chapter 19 . 7/27
What a beautiful, incredible story-I'm crying right now. I can't think of the right words to review this-following Steve, Peggy, and Bucky through all their adventures with the Howling Commandos was so wonderful, and the love story was so incredible and pure. I loved every minute of this. Some of my favorite chapters were the Christmas chapter, the one where Steve helps Peggy after she gets shot, the apple orchard chapter, and that sad but beautiful chapter at the end. Thank you so much for an incredible story.

I'm probably giving you a million notifications with all my comments on all your stories-I'm sorry about that! I just found them yesterday, and I couldn't stop reading. You have quickly become my favorite writer of Steve/Peggy stories!
steverogersandpeggycarter chapter 1 . 7/26
What a cute story! I'm somehow not surprised that Peggy and Bucky started getting along because of shared concern about Steve. And I have a couple ideas about what that secret might have been!
thegoldensnitch102 chapter 4 . 6/10
Wow what an awesome story. And yes totally what Steve would do. Enjoying the loveliness of this!
PeggyRogers chapter 19 . 6/3
I loved it!
MewWinx96 chapter 19 . 5/19
Hi! I just wanted to say that I enjoyed this story and thank you so much for writing it! :)
Yeahsureyoubetcha chapter 19 . 5/2
I loved this series SO much! Your portrayal of the relationships between Steve, Bucky, and Peggy was so beautifully done. We got to see precious little of the dynamic between these character in CA:TFA, and the way you have brought them to life here, just proves how horribly we were robbed! I loved each and every chapter. I laughed, I was warmed with "feels", I was stirred with excitement. The chapter where you dealt with Bucky's thoughts and feelings right before the mission where he fell from the train was particularly emotionally vivid. The foreboding and inevitability of what was coming was so strong and heart-wrenching.

I also truly love the attention you gave to staying true to the details of the time period. Your obviously extensive research was greatly appreciated and made the stories feel even more true to life. Thank you so much for investing such time in this series and sharing it with us all.
sardinecake chapter 19 . 2/20
Wonderful wonderful story exploring the budding and depending of relationship between Peggy, Steve and Bucky. Their understanding, bantering and their sole mission of protecting Steve is nothing short of amazing. I really swoon over how they interacted with each other. Their dialogs, expressions on their faces and their small movements capturing all the details for us readers to envision. This story, explores so much more deeper of Steve and Peggy’s backstage love story that no one knows. This is the reason why Steve wants that dance so desperately, this is why Peggy was so sad and rightfully can call Steve as the love of her life. Thank you for this story.
endmoraine chapter 19 . 7/22/2019
Loved this story! The vignettes of daily life for Cap, Bucky, and Peggy were written very well and true to the characters and story arc. Your history notes added so much and shows how much research you've done. One reason I enjoy period pieces are to glimpse what life was like especially for those who were born to the Lost generation. To be (orphaned and or tramatized) to live through a depression, and then face the horrors of war again. I look forward to enjoying more of your stories
endmoraine chapter 15 . 7/22/2019
This was a fun scene. I'd bought a 1932 Underwood typewriter at a garage sale when I was a kid. My parents had a couple, one had been my grandma's which were newer. I believe one was a Corona. Hers was so worn that if you weren't careful your fingers would slide into the mechanism. The Underwood had brass rings so that wouldn't happen. Halfway through my senior year of HS they replaced all the typewriters with computers. Somehow I had escaped without either class as they were electives for business/secretarial majors.
endmoraine chapter 6 . 7/21/2019
Cool snippet of camp life. My grandfather didn't tell us much of the war, but I recall hearing him talk to another vet, at a campground, who also had been in the Pacific/Phillipines and how they'd fill their hemet with rain water to shave.
Thispiper chapter 19 . 5/9/2019
This book is beautiful. The way it’s articulated is superb, and I love how well you’ve balanced the different characters, it didn’t seem like there was focus on one of the three over the other two. And thank you for putting so much information in the author’s notes, I love researching WW2 and I have a feeling they’re going to be a great help. Thank you.
scrumdiddilyumptious chapter 19 . 5/2/2019
This was perfect. Your level of detail was excellent and it was clear that you had put so much effort and research into your work. Your characterisation was spot on and I have thoroughly enjoyed sporadically reading this over the last three days. I can’t wait to delve into more of your stories. Thank you for this lovely piece of fanfiction.
DukeSilver420 chapter 8 . 4/29/2019
this was hella awesome
DoctorDonna77 chapter 19 . 4/2/2019
This has been a rare and wonderful story. Now I'm crying my eyes out. Thank you for giving them - Steve, Peggy and Bucky some time together and for letting us share it. Going to have to read something happy now
PrincessStarberry chapter 19 . 2/2/2019
The part where Peggy hugged the little boy ;_; 3

For the bitter that she knew of at this point in time, this really is a sweet ending-and I'll definitely read your other stuff :D