Reviews for A Rare Camaraderie
endmoraine chapter 19 . 7/22
Loved this story! The vignettes of daily life for Cap, Bucky, and Peggy were written very well and true to the characters and story arc. Your history notes added so much and shows how much research you've done. One reason I enjoy period pieces are to glimpse what life was like especially for those who were born to the Lost generation. To be (orphaned and or tramatized) to live through a depression, and then face the horrors of war again. I look forward to enjoying more of your stories
endmoraine chapter 15 . 7/22
This was a fun scene. I'd bought a 1932 Underwood typewriter at a garage sale when I was a kid. My parents had a couple, one had been my grandma's which were newer. I believe one was a Corona. Hers was so worn that if you weren't careful your fingers would slide into the mechanism. The Underwood had brass rings so that wouldn't happen. Halfway through my senior year of HS they replaced all the typewriters with computers. Somehow I had escaped without either class as they were electives for business/secretarial majors.
endmoraine chapter 6 . 7/21
Cool snippet of camp life. My grandfather didn't tell us much of the war, but I recall hearing him talk to another vet, at a campground, who also had been in the Pacific/Phillipines and how they'd fill their hemet with rain water to shave.
Thispiper chapter 19 . 5/9
This book is beautiful. The way it’s articulated is superb, and I love how well you’ve balanced the different characters, it didn’t seem like there was focus on one of the three over the other two. And thank you for putting so much information in the author’s notes, I love researching WW2 and I have a feeling they’re going to be a great help. Thank you.
scrumdiddilyumptious chapter 19 . 5/2
This was perfect. Your level of detail was excellent and it was clear that you had put so much effort and research into your work. Your characterisation was spot on and I have thoroughly enjoyed sporadically reading this over the last three days. I can’t wait to delve into more of your stories. Thank you for this lovely piece of fanfiction.
DukeSilver420 chapter 8 . 4/29
this was hella awesome
DoctorDonna77 chapter 19 . 4/2
This has been a rare and wonderful story. Now I'm crying my eyes out. Thank you for giving them - Steve, Peggy and Bucky some time together and for letting us share it. Going to have to read something happy now
PrincessStarberry chapter 19 . 2/2
The part where Peggy hugged the little boy ;_; 3

For the bitter that she knew of at this point in time, this really is a sweet ending-and I'll definitely read your other stuff :D
PrincessStarberry chapter 18 . 2/2
Poor Steve-and poor Bucky, whose actual fate is so much worse-and Peggy, because she hurts and hurts for Steve, and we know it's about to get even worse...
PrincessStarberry chapter 17 . 2/2
Wow, I am so close to tears after reading this-because I know what's coming. I do love the sweet, brotherly nap, though 3
PrincessStarberry chapter 13 . 2/2
Okay, I am a music nerd-and also one whose favorite part of reading the "Little House" series as a kid was reading about when they sang and everyone harmonized-so I absolutely adore this chapter (and think you nailed the voices!) People just don't sing like that enough now, even in church-everyone mostly sings the melody, which kind of makes me sad :(

Also, did you have a particular song in mind for the duet? Or was it just a general idea (and a very probable one, I would think)?
PrincessStarberry chapter 9 . 2/2
"A few nasty insults and how to order drinks" ironically sounds like what Tony probably knows of...who knows how many languages XD Also, the "we got company" made me think of Poe Dameron, for some reason (which is not a bad thing-though I chuckled because they're also talking about resistance...Resistance XD)

I love Steve's awkwardness, it's very endearing-and still present when he was in the similar situation that you referenced years later with Natasha.
PrincessStarberry chapter 8 . 2/2
Bucky's hopeful "Home?" almost made me cry-because sooooo many reasons!

Also, I could just see his grubby little hands digging in his pockets while he was helping tiny Steve back in the day 3
PrincessStarberry chapter 3 . 2/2
Of course Bucky will never stop looking out for Steve-he's the big brother, and that's what they do 3
BrokenKestral chapter 19 . 11/1/2018
This was good enough I hated that it ended. (Even though every reader knows it must.) I hated that it was over; congratulations on that, as a writer. And I liked the ending; if it had to end, you did the ending well.