Reviews for A Rare Camaraderie
JayRain chapter 5 . 10/10/2016
Another really lovely scene here. Steve's voice is so clear, and Peggy's attitude is just so distinctly Peggy. She's part mother, part sweetheart, all business, and I love how you portray her. The way she takes care of Steve and sees after his wellbeing is really nice, and Steve's devotion to his crew is just how he rolls. Removing the helmet was a nice touch, as was mentioning the shield looked like a big target. Typical Steve, right? You really brought all the characterizations to light, including little details that are really telling about who these people are. A nice chapter!
JayRain chapter 4 . 10/10/2016
You nailed Steve's voice here. His voice, his actions...I could see the entire scene playing out as I read! I particularly liked Steve's response to Peggy: "only when they're strafing, ma'am," just cheeky enough to cover his embarrassment without being disrespectful, and just serious enough to let her know that he was concerned for her safety. It's nicely balanced.
JayRain chapter 3 . 10/6/2016
Oh, I love this :) Cheeky Bucky, still fighting for Steve's honor... it's really wonderful. The way he defends Peggy's honor is great, especially since people think they can dress her down behind her back since she's a woman. He makes a great point that she's a professional and deserving respect. The way he and Steve interact as well is great, shows their friendship in a really nice way.

I like these little vignettes so much; they're nice glimpses into the relationship dynamic that exists between Steve, his best friend, and his best girl.
by7the7sea chapter 19 . 10/6/2016
A sweet ending to an amazing fic.

by7the7sea chapter 18 . 10/6/2016
That was ... lovely, sad but lovely.

With including Dugan, it makes me wish we could see the other Howling Commando's reactions to losing Bucky too. I enjoy the Captain America movies, but reading this is making me wish they had just a few more of what I like to call "quiet moments" ... time for the characters to react to what has happened.

Thank you for posting ... and almost making me cry at work.
by7the7sea chapter 17 . 10/6/2016
I was hoping there would be a chapter like this. Oh, Bucky! :(

Thank you for posting!
by7the7sea chapter 16 . 10/6/2016
If I had any artistic talent, I'd draw that Valentine. Alas, I do not have any. Too bad, it sounds adorable.

by7the7sea chapter 15 . 10/6/2016
Confession time: I was hesitant to read this because I wanted to read Bucky stories from the present, him trying to deal with what happened. So, it took me awhile to decide to give this a go.

Let me tell you, though, I am so glad I decided to read this. I'm really enjoying these moments of camaraderie with Steve, Peggy and Bucky. Then again, it's really making me wish the movies had more of these moments in them. Oh well.

by7the7sea chapter 13 . 10/6/2016
Sweet moment. Again makes me wish we could have seen something like that in the movies.

by7the7sea chapter 12 . 10/5/2016
"They hadn't lost any of the Commandos yet, but their luck was bound to run out."

Ohhh ... a bit of foreshadowing?

by7the7sea chapter 11 . 10/5/2016
That was cute. lol

by7the7sea chapter 10 . 10/5/2016
"Hasn't changed a bit since he was five" lol

by7the7sea chapter 7 . 10/5/2016
I like the idea of Peggy going back to Brooklyn with Steve and Bucky.

by7the7sea chapter 2 . 10/5/2016
Aww. Now that it was brought up here, I wish we would have seen more indications in the movie of what was done to Bucky or how it affected him. Or maybe I need to go back and re-watch it to see what was there, if anything.

by7the7sea chapter 1 . 10/5/2016
Now this makes me wonder how they would have gotten along. Wish we could have seen Bucky and Peggy interacting more in the movies.

344 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »