Reviews for A Rare Camaraderie
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 19 . 9/13/2016
...and it ended exactly the way it needed to: aching and poignant and inspiring. That both men are still alive doesn't diminish the effect of their loss. I love all three of them even more now. Thank you so much for this beautiful story.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 18 . 9/13/2016
Yes. Yes yes yes. This.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 17 . 9/13/2016
A nice bit of bittersweet foreboding. I particularly like how you alternate the pairings in the chapters, and sometimes give us all three together. It's really well paced.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 16 . 9/13/2016
Oh, I love the details! So wonderful. The point where Steve switches from giving Peggy a nervous look to giving her a determined one just made me ache and feel reflected pride in him, too.

I enjoy your author's notes a lot more than I enjoy most people's. Thanks for the additional info!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 15 . 9/13/2016
As always, I love how much careful research you put into your writing. It shows, without ever being showy.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 14 . 9/13/2016
The constant tension and danger and pain, salted with lovely moments of humor and friendship, is just beautiful. Great stuff!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 13 . 9/13/2016
What a nice change of tone from the rest of the wartime chapters! I loved this. The phrase "even Dugan's mustache looked pleased" made me laugh out loud. I love the knack you have for description. And as always, great job with the historical and cultural references.

When you had Steve refer to him and Bucky singing earlier in their lives, it just clicked with an "oh yeah" in my head. Totally headcanon for me now. :) Also, Steve singing bass. I was friends with the members of a barbershop quartet in college, and the bass was the littlest, skinniest guy in the group. So the thought of a pre-Serum Steve Rogers singing bass doesn't seem off to me at all.

Great job!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 12 . 9/13/2016
Great stuff. I loved how you wove that song through this chapter!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 10 . 9/12/2016
Loved it! Great characterisation, and a great explanation for how Steve learned he could jump out of a plane without a parachute. Nice period-specific dialogue. I like how the Commandos are shipping them. Or at least making bets on them. :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 9 . 9/12/2016
Haha! "Stupidly loyal band of insubordinates"! What a great way of describing his fond exasperation with them.

I know this story is marked complete, but in general, I'd always vote for keeping the chapters together in one story, even if the chapter posting is delayed, because splitting up the chapters into multiple stories makes reading them a lot more difficult. The navigation is more annoying, you lose the accumulated follows/faves, which makes all the little stories harder to search for in the rankings, and trying to read them in the correct order is just an enormous headache.

Besides, the chapters are only going to be perceived as delayed for a very brief period of time, and by only a relatively small number of readers. Everyone who finds the story after you posted those chapters is going to be very grateful that the whole story is collected into one, easy-to-read place.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 7 . 9/12/2016
Nice touch of historical reality, used to good effect, and isn't it nice when canon confirms your headcanon? :)
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 6 . 9/12/2016
Cute; as usual, a nice mix of pathos and humor and WWII practical realism. It left me smiling and aching a little bit.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 5 . 9/12/2016
Small, simple, and described so well that, once again, I feel like I'm right there in the drafty old church with them, so exhausted I could fall asleep on a stone floor. I liked the little details about Dugan, and Steve's wet socks. You really get a sense that they're in the middle of a war, and it's not sexy or romantic, just wearying and wounding. But they're beautiful despite—and maybe because of—it all.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 4 . 9/12/2016
Wow, this was based on a true story?! Lucky you, getting to talk to that doctor and nurse! I loved it. Yes, it's exactly what Steve would do, and loved how Peggy's first words to him afterward were "You're an idiot". She clearly doesn't think she's worth the life of the only Super Soldier the Allies have, but she *so* is. And her and Bucky have a wonderful understanding. Oh, I LOVE the dynamic you're creating here with all these little vignettes! They make me feel, they make me smile, they're really well written...
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 3 . 9/12/2016
Haha, nice. :) Bucky never stops taking care of Steve, and vice versa. It's a wonderful friendship. :)
342 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »