Reviews for A Rare Camaraderie
Princess of Words chapter 10 . 1/24
Oo, I love this chapter.
The parallel to the other time Steve was presumed dead because we was self-sacrificing while on board a plane is so good! (And, yes, Steve, it would be good for you to know a bit about engineering- particularly on planes...) The added drama of Bucky, Peggy, and the rest thinking he was dead is great. I quite enjoy Bucky's scolding of Steve. I feel so bad for Peggy, but Steve's mix of feelings on hearing she cried for him are very amusing. Peggy asking him if he didn't think there were people who would miss him is very good, and I suppose Steve is self-effacing enough to realize how important he is to everyone. Ha! Phillips is great! I also really like Bucky's final lines.
Princess of Words chapter 9 . 1/23
This is one of my favorite chapters!
Steve's inability to figure out how to tell Peggy that she looks nice is so funny and sweet- and so him! The building tension as the soldiers enter the room and start searching is really good. I love the fact that they all stubbornly refuse to leave the others in danger. "He probably wouldn't die as fast as his friends - he would have to watch as they went down." That got me.
Peggy is a genius! Steve is so funny as he tries to figure out what to do with himself, and of course Peggy would have a gun hidden. I really like how he has faith in Peggy and also plans how to shield her if things go wrong.
I love your description of Steve's team: "a stupidly loyal band of insubordinates." And then "He wasn't sure if it was a comforting thought or not." It's a good thing, Steve. That final line from Bucky "Your ears are still red" was so funny. Despite the life-threatening situation they just escaped, Bucky can't help teasing Steve.
The reference in the title is so clever! I bet Steve remembered this when Natasha kissed him.
Princess of Words chapter 8 . 1/20
The title fits this chapter so well!
Ha, ha, ha, Bucky thinking there were two Steves and calling one the pigheaded one and the other the stupid one made me laugh. Bucky's "Brooklyn?" was so emotional. He doesn't want to be a soldier, but he'll fight the bullies til they're beat. The flashback is so sweet and such a great parallel.
Princess of Words chapter 7 . 1/20
Bucky's insistence that Steve take care of Peggy is sweet, and his he provides a nice bit of humor with his instructions. Steve's complete uncertainty over what to do and fear of offending Peggy is also funny.
I love how he puts her arm around her and gives her the comfort of another person. Her sadness over not being able to remember the last thing her father said to her is really good and realistic. Steve being the first to say "you're not alone" is such a good idea! It makes it so much more powerful when Peggy says it later, especially given that it was Bucky who made sure he knew he wasn't alone last time. "You counted yourself twice." That's great. His offer that she could come back to Brooklyn with them is so sweet.
Princess of Words chapter 6 . 1/19
I'm glad that if Bucky won't go to Steve, he'll get help from Peggy. Steve being Bucky's mission is such a great idea! It means something so different and fits his character so well, and it makes the parallel during his time as the Winter Soldier that much more poignant. A mission to protect, not to kill. I love it!
"Tell me, Barnes. Is everyone from Brooklyn stark raving mad?" That's a great line! I'm laughing along with Bucky. Insanity being contagious is also quite funny. I like the insight into Peggy and the Commandos and their loyalty to Steve. Oh, and calling Peggy "Mogs" is such a Bucky thing to do.
Princess of Words chapter 5 . 1/14
This is a lovely snapshot of their life during the war! I especially liked Steve taking his helmet off when they entered the church, the story of Peggy and Dugan's friendship, and Peggy covering Steve with the blanket.
Princess of Words chapter 4 . 1/14
I love this chapter!
Steve running out there like that was exactly what he would do! It reminds me of him jumping on the grenade. I especially liked the line: "praying desperately that his body would somehow be enough to stop the bullets before they could reach her." He always has the heart of a hero, even when he's not wearing the suit. The tension of the approaching bullets followed by the relief when they escape is really good. I also enjoy the pun of the chapter title.
Bucky and Peggy's shared exasperation with him is great! And of course neither of them leave. Bucky's thoughts at the end are really good.
Bucky being excited to meet Howard is so fun to see! Howard running around crazily while his inventions burn with green fire is also quite an image.
Steve's wondering how to greet Peggy was funny, and I like how it carried through with her question if he always said hello to women by knocking them down. His answer was also very funny and so Steve.
Princess of Words chapter 3 . 1/13
This chapter is really well written! I love all the little things: Bucky being glad to read a new book, the parallel to their old life in Brooklyn, the teasing about foreign languages, Steve giving Bucky the same look his mother used to, Steve announcing "pointedly to nobody in particular."
Bucky leaping in like that is exactly what he would do! I really liked his line about what Steve did and "I don't care what his muscles are made of; I just know they work." The fact that natural little interactions with Steve are what proves to him that he's not imprisoned anymore is so good and carries so much emotion! I also really like how he thinks at the end that Steve will always need his care, and how that protection expands to Peggy now too.
Princess of Words chapter 2 . 1/13
Peggy helping relieve Bucky's headache is a really good idea! I also like how you show Steve's abilities in the little things: hearing Peggy calling him from far away and easily lifting Bucky.
Princess of Words chapter 1 . 1/11
I remember reading and enjoying this story once before. I wanted to reread it, and as I now actually have an account, I can leave reviews!
I can definitely see Bucky and Peggy not hitting it off at first as they are rather different on the surface, but taking care of Steve would definitely unite them. He'll have to take care of himself now! I like how they work together to get him to eat more. This chapter was a fun read all around, especially Colonel Phillips betting on Peggy and Bucky threatening Steve with the secret he didn't tell him.
steverogersandpeggycarter chapter 19 . 7/27/2020
What a beautiful, incredible story-I'm crying right now. I can't think of the right words to review this-following Steve, Peggy, and Bucky through all their adventures with the Howling Commandos was so wonderful, and the love story was so incredible and pure. I loved every minute of this. Some of my favorite chapters were the Christmas chapter, the one where Steve helps Peggy after she gets shot, the apple orchard chapter, and that sad but beautiful chapter at the end. Thank you so much for an incredible story.

I'm probably giving you a million notifications with all my comments on all your stories-I'm sorry about that! I just found them yesterday, and I couldn't stop reading. You have quickly become my favorite writer of Steve/Peggy stories!
steverogersandpeggycarter chapter 1 . 7/26/2020
What a cute story! I'm somehow not surprised that Peggy and Bucky started getting along because of shared concern about Steve. And I have a couple ideas about what that secret might have been!
thegoldensnitch102 chapter 4 . 6/10/2020
Wow what an awesome story. And yes totally what Steve would do. Enjoying the loveliness of this!
PeggyRogers chapter 19 . 6/3/2020
I loved it!
MewWinx96 chapter 19 . 5/19/2020
Hi! I just wanted to say that I enjoyed this story and thank you so much for writing it! :)
342 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »