Reviews for A Rare Camaraderie
Yeahsureyoubetcha chapter 19 . 5/2/2020
I loved this series SO much! Your portrayal of the relationships between Steve, Bucky, and Peggy was so beautifully done. We got to see precious little of the dynamic between these character in CA:TFA, and the way you have brought them to life here, just proves how horribly we were robbed! I loved each and every chapter. I laughed, I was warmed with "feels", I was stirred with excitement. The chapter where you dealt with Bucky's thoughts and feelings right before the mission where he fell from the train was particularly emotionally vivid. The foreboding and inevitability of what was coming was so strong and heart-wrenching.

I also truly love the attention you gave to staying true to the details of the time period. Your obviously extensive research was greatly appreciated and made the stories feel even more true to life. Thank you so much for investing such time in this series and sharing it with us all.
sardinecake chapter 19 . 2/20/2020
Wonderful wonderful story exploring the budding and depending of relationship between Peggy, Steve and Bucky. Their understanding, bantering and their sole mission of protecting Steve is nothing short of amazing. I really swoon over how they interacted with each other. Their dialogs, expressions on their faces and their small movements capturing all the details for us readers to envision. This story, explores so much more deeper of Steve and Peggy’s backstage love story that no one knows. This is the reason why Steve wants that dance so desperately, this is why Peggy was so sad and rightfully can call Steve as the love of her life. Thank you for this story.
endmoraine chapter 19 . 7/22/2019
Loved this story! The vignettes of daily life for Cap, Bucky, and Peggy were written very well and true to the characters and story arc. Your history notes added so much and shows how much research you've done. One reason I enjoy period pieces are to glimpse what life was like especially for those who were born to the Lost generation. To be (orphaned and or tramatized) to live through a depression, and then face the horrors of war again. I look forward to enjoying more of your stories
endmoraine chapter 15 . 7/22/2019
This was a fun scene. I'd bought a 1932 Underwood typewriter at a garage sale when I was a kid. My parents had a couple, one had been my grandma's which were newer. I believe one was a Corona. Hers was so worn that if you weren't careful your fingers would slide into the mechanism. The Underwood had brass rings so that wouldn't happen. Halfway through my senior year of HS they replaced all the typewriters with computers. Somehow I had escaped without either class as they were electives for business/secretarial majors.
endmoraine chapter 6 . 7/21/2019
Cool snippet of camp life. My grandfather didn't tell us much of the war, but I recall hearing him talk to another vet, at a campground, who also had been in the Pacific/Phillipines and how they'd fill their hemet with rain water to shave.
Thispiper chapter 19 . 5/9/2019
This book is beautiful. The way it’s articulated is superb, and I love how well you’ve balanced the different characters, it didn’t seem like there was focus on one of the three over the other two. And thank you for putting so much information in the author’s notes, I love researching WW2 and I have a feeling they’re going to be a great help. Thank you.
scrumdiddilyumptious chapter 19 . 5/2/2019
This was perfect. Your level of detail was excellent and it was clear that you had put so much effort and research into your work. Your characterisation was spot on and I have thoroughly enjoyed sporadically reading this over the last three days. I can’t wait to delve into more of your stories. Thank you for this lovely piece of fanfiction.
DukeSilver420 chapter 8 . 4/29/2019
this was hella awesome
DoctorDonna77 chapter 19 . 4/2/2019
This has been a rare and wonderful story. Now I'm crying my eyes out. Thank you for giving them - Steve, Peggy and Bucky some time together and for letting us share it. Going to have to read something happy now
PrincessStarberry chapter 19 . 2/2/2019
The part where Peggy hugged the little boy ;_; 3

For the bitter that she knew of at this point in time, this really is a sweet ending-and I'll definitely read your other stuff :D
PrincessStarberry chapter 18 . 2/2/2019
Poor Steve-and poor Bucky, whose actual fate is so much worse-and Peggy, because she hurts and hurts for Steve, and we know it's about to get even worse...
PrincessStarberry chapter 17 . 2/2/2019
Wow, I am so close to tears after reading this-because I know what's coming. I do love the sweet, brotherly nap, though 3
PrincessStarberry chapter 13 . 2/2/2019
Okay, I am a music nerd-and also one whose favorite part of reading the "Little House" series as a kid was reading about when they sang and everyone harmonized-so I absolutely adore this chapter (and think you nailed the voices!) People just don't sing like that enough now, even in church-everyone mostly sings the melody, which kind of makes me sad :(

Also, did you have a particular song in mind for the duet? Or was it just a general idea (and a very probable one, I would think)?
PrincessStarberry chapter 9 . 2/2/2019
"A few nasty insults and how to order drinks" ironically sounds like what Tony probably knows of...who knows how many languages XD Also, the "we got company" made me think of Poe Dameron, for some reason (which is not a bad thing-though I chuckled because they're also talking about resistance...Resistance XD)

I love Steve's awkwardness, it's very endearing-and still present when he was in the similar situation that you referenced years later with Natasha.
PrincessStarberry chapter 8 . 2/2/2019
Bucky's hopeful "Home?" almost made me cry-because sooooo many reasons!

Also, I could just see his grubby little hands digging in his pockets while he was helping tiny Steve back in the day 3
342 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »