Reviews for Nice Guys Finish Last
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2016
Pretty dark, but a really... interesting story. Had to read it twice though. I know, pretty dense right. Anyway, good story keep up your writing!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/5/2016
This is... very dark and sort of disturbing, but an interesting take on everyone's favorite Nice Guy Ship. Simon's man pain at being friendzoned is both amusing and annoying, in a way.

Imma be real here, I've always hated the way fandom romanticized Simon and his love for Erza, and the Simon/Erza ship has always reeked of Nice Guy Syndrome to me, so I wasn't exactly upset to see Simon portrayed this way lol. You may not have intended it to be so, but to me this fic is more like a dig towards fandom interpretation rather than the character himself. Weird, but that's how I see it.

Yes, it was sad that Simon loved Erza and she didn't love him and in the end he died for a love forever unrequited, but I don't like how fandom was like, "If Simon never died, I would have shipped Erza with him because he's better for her!". It's not like Erza's already made up her mind regarding who she liked more way before Simon died, it's not like Simon was never a real threat to Erza/Jellal but more like the exposition fairy to show Erza's feelings for Jellal, nope, not at all.
Rand chapter 1 . 1/5/2016
I guess this story highlighted the negative sides of all three of them (jerky intermittent Jellal, bitchy self-absorbed Erza, scheming obsessive Simon). In that case it was darkly refreshing, as you pointed out that not all writers and readers would want to see their beloved characters in this manner.
kittyKat010 chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
You relly should keep writing this.
wealhtheow1 chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
This is so creepy and awful (in a good way, of course). Nice Guys are the absolute worst. I don't think there is too much more horrific than the assumption that romantic love and sexual favors can be bought by plugging in a certain number of Friendship Points. It's gross.
KisaYunna chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
Miuw... This was really sad :'( she was always left crying and broken-hearted T.T I thought he would really stay that last time... Jellal is such a bitch! I didn't really like it for the gloomy feeling it leaves behind... Sorry u.u (at least she never settled for Simon, I don't really like him for Erza) jeje
Evilkitten3 chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Yeesh, that was dark. Good, but dark.
Silver Alpha chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Ok first sorry for leaving so many reviews. But I realize I just seen so dense...I should've read more thoroughly cuz then the...yeah...would've been obvious. It took three times for me to figure out what had happened. Idk the stuff at his house just completely bypassed my mind and I finally got it. *false brovado* I understand the dire-erity of the situation! I'm so sorry it took me this long to figure it out
The Silver Tongued Alpha chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
And...ok well I just went back and read the warning lol. Should've done that first I just jumped at the new story idea XDXD and i guess that's why I said I was balancing on whether I liked the story or not because now I'm allowed to say I don't like Simon either! So yeah! I loved the portrayal! Haha I thought I had to like watch my tongue but whatever! And oh my gosh I hadn't realized it was rape! Idk! All this ish I read...I guess drunken consent is not consent at all! Dang. I really need to go back out into the real world, wow it did not click at all. Man, poor Erza. And now I get why he was like "she climbed into my bed" O_O and his threat at the end doesn't strike so much disapproval from me anymore. CUZ WE KNOW THE TRUTH! Jelly is a babe! So yeah. I like this now that I know I can not like Simon :) bordering on LOVE IT bump Simon!
Silver Alpha chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Oh snap! I'm balancing delicately on whether I like it or not. There is a big smirk on my face but I'm not sure if it's from pleasure or the..."predestination"of Simon's final words. Of course, poor Simon but ya know, I'm a jerza baby all the way XDXD this was different im sorta impressed, impressed that I've managed to slightly like it even though ta Simon centric. Great job! I look forward to the next Jerza one shot. I'm ready the samurai one I just haven't been able to review for it yet
thir13enth chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Haha, I'll try to keep this review short so that you can at least read it in the email but no guarantees - I didn't realize you didn't like Simon as a character, lol! But in any case, paint him how you want, I liked this dark portrayal of the supposed "nice guy" and it's written to a casual "innocence" (if you may) that ignores Simon's problems. Lolz about "nice guy angst" but I think you showed his side of the situation well!

"a slice of her cake" made me shiver. That was a pretty fucking good line.